• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Antifa goes after Tucker Carlson... Really?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Ok. The geniuses from a Washington, DC chapter of antifa, "protested" in front of Fox "News" host Tucker Carlson's home yesterday and actually managed to crack the front door to his home.

"Tucker Carlson, we are outside your home," one person could be heard saying in the since-deleted video. The person, using a bullhorn, accused Carlson of "promoting hate" and "an ideology that has led to thousands of people dying."

"We want you to know, we know where you sleep at night," the person concluded, before leading the group to chant, "Tucker Carlson, we will fight! We know where you sleep at night!
" <source>

Antifa protesters chant outside Fox's Tucker Carlson's home, break door

Tucker Carlson’s home targeted by antifa mob: ‘We know where you sleep at night!’

Is this really acceptable? I cannot stand even the thought of Nancy Pelosi but was genuinely angry when I saw people berating her when she and her party were trying to enter a Washington restaurant recently (last week, I think).

We cannot continue to encourage or endorse such mob action.
Thoughts? Comments?

If we are not civil towards each other we are going to end up killing each other.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
This is not okay. I can't imagine how scary that is for him and his family. These folks need to be reported to the police.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So, @Sunstone @Father Heathen what do we do? Like, all three of us have fairly divergent political ideas and yet... to an extent... we can still talk to each other. I simply cannot imagine being so upset by something someone said, that I did not personally know, that I would take it upon myself to go to their home and cause damage.

Likewise, even as contemptible a person I believe Nancy Pelosi is I would probably hold the door of the restaurant open for her and her party. I would smile and exchange pleasantries as is socially acceptable under such circumstances. I would not become a screaming harpy just to make her uncomfortable for a second. I would not feel like a hypocrite for being nice to a political adversary.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ok. The geniuses from a Washington, DC chapter of antifa, "protested" in front of Fox "News" host Tucker Carlson's home yesterday and actually managed to crack the front door to his home.

"Tucker Carlson, we are outside your home," one person could be heard saying in the since-deleted video. The person, using a bullhorn, accused Carlson of "promoting hate" and "an ideology that has led to thousands of people dying."

"We want you to know, we know where you sleep at night," the person concluded, before leading the group to chant, "Tucker Carlson, we will fight! We know where you sleep at night!
" <source>

Tucker Carlson’s home targeted by antifa mob: ‘We know where you sleep at night!’

Is this really acceptable? I cannot stand even the thought of Nancy Pelosi but was genuinely angry when I saw people berating her when she and her party were trying to enter a Washington restaurant recently (last week, I think).

Thoughts? Comments?

If we are not civil towards each other we are going to end up killing each other.

Well unfortunate as it may be, it won't be the first time things like this happened in our history. Makes me speculate on what's exactly fueling it all.

David1967

Premium Member
So, @Sunstone @Father Heathen what do we do? Like, all three of us have fairly divergent political ideas and yet... to an extent... we can still talk to each other. I simply cannot imagine being so upset by something someone said, that I did not personally know, that I would take it upon myself to go to their home and cause damage.

Likewise, even as contemptible a person I believe Nancy Pelosi is I would probably hold the door of the restaurant open for her and her party. I would smile and exchange pleasantries as is socially acceptable under such circumstances. I would not become a screaming harpy just to make her uncomfortable for a second. I would not feel like a hypocrite for being nice to a political adversary.

I remember a few years ago when people here in Oklahoma were saying terrible things about Mrs. Pelosi and our then Republican Senator Tom Coburn spoke up for her saying that (Paraphrasing from memory here) although he disagreed with her on a majority of issues that she was a nice lady and friend.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

I think their movement is an excuse for their behavior rather than the cause of it. They've scraped together what in their minds is a justification for destruction and violence.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I think their movement is an exuse for their behavior than the cause of it. They've scraped together what in their minds is a justification for destruction and violence.
Pity a lot of the media is not treating antifa like the current boogeyman, white nationalists.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Here's an idea: Legalize weed, release all the weedheads who didn't otherwise commit any crimes like having connections to cartels or gangs or whatnot, and lock up all the people who think it's acceptable to go to another person's private home and intimidate them and their families. These are spoiled children who've been in an echo chamber for far too long and have gotten themselves into a tizzy. Get them out of their echo chamber, let them simmer down behind bars, and make it clear that there are consequences to acting like an uncivilized mob.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Here's an idea: Legalize weed, release all the weedheads who didn't otherwise commit any crimes like having connections to cartels or gangs or whatnot, and lock up all the people who think it's acceptable to go to another person's private home and intimidate them and their families. These are spoiled children who've been in an echo chamber for far too long and have gotten themselves into a tizzy. Get them out of their echo chamber, let them simmer down behind bars, and make it clear that there are consequences to acting like an uncivilized mob.
Have you been sniffing around my Site Feedback question? *giggles*

Kidding aside.... an provocative idea...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Pity a lot of the media is not treating antifa like the current boogeyman, white nationalists.

People will do heinous things under the guise of something noble, and in turn people people will hesitate to denounce their actions to avoid appearing to also denounce their message. "Hey! Why did you toss a rock through that window?" "Why, do you side with racists?!" "Uhhh.. carry on."

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
People will do heinous things under the guise of something noble, and in turn people people will hesitate to denounce their actions to avoid appearing to also denounce their message. "Hey! Why did you toss a rock through that window?" "Why, do you side with racists?!" "Uhhh.. carry on."
Yes. That is also a big part of this in my view. A lot of us are now afraid to say what we think, lest we say the wrong thing or come away looking less than noble.

Curious George

Veteran Member

" <source>

Thoughts? Comments?

Are you by chance suggesting that the Carlson family are snowflakes and need a safe space?

Joking aside, I agree that it is an unacceptable practice that has spawned from our political climate.

I do not think we can point the fingers at the "far left" or "far right" without taking our own responsibility for the madness that is.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Hey @YmirGF does Canada have any extremist groups that represent political extremes like there are in the US?