• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti Trump protests

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Do these protestors have some achievable goal, or are they harming their case by annoying people?
Successful protests need Strategy, planning and goals.

I suspect these protests -- which seem to be largely spontaneous -- are to some great extent motivated by fear and anger of what a Trump presidency might mean to the protesters. I don't think they have, at this point, much more of a goal than to express that fear and anger. But it will be interesting if a more organized and goal directed resistance emerges out of them. Such things sometimes happen.

To reiterate, I think it's mistaken to see these protests as motivated by sour grapes. Surely there is some of that, but I suspect it takes a back seat to being motivated by fear and anger at what a Trump presidency might mean to the protesters. Whether that fear and anger can be turned into constructive resistance remains to be seen.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do these protestors have some achievable goal, or are they harming their case by annoying people?
That's it.
Tantrums will not overturn the election.

I notice that many are quite young, & it's possibly their first election.
They're disappointed.
They think life as they know it is ending.
50 years from now, many will see elections as I do....
"Meh...."

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I'd be protesting too if the person made president wasn't who the people actually voted for. What a ridiculous system. Too bad the USA isn't a real democracy.

Never was. It was and should always be a Republic. You should google the difference.

Riders

That's it.
Tantrums will not overturn the election.

I notice that many are quite young, & it's possibly their first election.
They're disappointed.
They think life as they know it is ending.
50 years from now, many will see elections as I do....
"Meh...."

Its not gonna change anything. But it may make Trump uncomfortable. Trump has broken our laws, hes being investigated for fraud and child rape, what right does he have to be our president?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Its not gonna change anything. But it may make Trump uncomfortable.
I don't think it will have that effect.
When an elephant is in musth, he ignores a few mosquitoes nibbling on his backside.
Trump has broken our laws, hes being investigated for fraud and child rape, what right does he have to be our president?
For good or bad, our Constitution gives him that right.
The same would've been true for Hillary, had she won.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Its not gonna change anything. But it may make Trump uncomfortable. Trump has broken our laws, hes being investigated for fraud and child rape, what right does he have to be our president?
When was good character ever a requirement for public office?

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Oh, human. Do you really think you can make Trump "uncomfortable"? What has he been charged with?

Riders

Hes being investigated by the FBI some people want to impeach him.But nobodys going to win this conversation because we don't know anything. Only time can tell.

We cant either one be right. I will say this. For all who think I'm a fool on this thread. There are Republican Senaters Governors who have responded to the fact that Trump is our first President ever to have no political experience and they see trouble ahead.

So for those of you who think I'm the fool, I'm also speaking for those who are leary as well. But in the end only time will tell. Well see that's all Ive got to say.Dont complain if he falls apart.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If you truly support democracy, then that means accepting the outcome even if it's not the one you desired (assuming the election was fair and legitimate).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
See,I told yall this wasn't going to be easy on Trump to take over. He may have to face protests for months who knows. 4 people in Dallas are already dead, were seeing violence and bloodshed already.
Dosent bode very well for a group of people touting loudly about equality, fairness, and tolerance.

Not so different for those ideals as being worth noticing once the parameters change. Eh?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Actually, I do seem to remember the formation of The Tea Party Movement and their protests seeming to strangely emerge with the inauguration of Barack Obama back in 2009....coincidence? :smirkcat:

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
True. Political violence really isn't very new over tight contested elections.

Makes one wonder who the "brownshirts" really are.

Yeah, those kids are taking the red out of my neck. I think they are just pissed at themselves for thinking Trump didn't have a chance and probably hey stayed home only to wake to their worst nightmare, sing it coop', "welcome to my nightmare, I think your going to like it".....ha ha~

th

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
You must mean the popular vote where the candidates were practically tied? Even all those votes have not been all counted. Listen the American people have spoken and that's that. If the republicans have lost and went to thje street the MSNBCs of the world would not have aired it or they would have vilified them.

I am sure you know the USA is not a democracy, its a Representative republic. The problem with pure democracies is that they are not fair they promote and allow mob rule, and worse. I am not a big fan of the electoral collage but I would rather have EC than a pure democracy any day. Why? Because I am not a fan of Hitlers, Stalin's and other strong men who live by mob rule. Pure democracies allow men like that to thrive even though of course they were of other political flavors such as nationalists and communists.

I am over joyed that Trump won not because I like him personally, it's because I think he being a business man is superior to Hitler er I mean Hillary. He is superior to Hillary due to his ethics and honesty compared to the wilder-beast who is a liar of no equal. Also, I prefer Trump because we will most likely get a supreme court judge(s) that are more aligned with the constitutions. Hillary would have trashed the constitution following Obama's EO examples and would have eliminated the 2nd amendment as first order of business. Trump even thought I care not for rich people that abuse their power does understand business and he will I SAY WILL make good jobs available again and repair our rotten infrastructure. As for his more cesspool ideas I think he will moderate on 99% as some were nearly created by the goons at MSNBC and like news organizations. God bless America and just maybe every citizen of every race gender creed and nationality will benefit.

Pure democracy leads to Hitler? Erm... exaggeration much?
I'm honestly shocked that you think Trump is less 'Hitler' than Hillary. His use of hatred and fear to gain popularity is far more similar to the Hitler style.
Trump honest? If you look at what he's said during the campaign vs before it, a lot of things are completely contradictory. He's just as cunning and deceptive as any other politician.
He is also a terrible business man. Like really bad.

Trump vs the Constitution.
1. Condones torture/ anti 8th amendments
2. Wants to discriminate against a religious group
3. Wants to censor people/ anti freedom of speech

Btw, Hitler's party actually failed popular vote. He gained power when the actual President made him Chancellor. Also, Stalin wasn't elected into his position.

I really hope you're right though. It would be nice to be pleasantly surprised.