• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-trans bill passes in Kentucky

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
This wasn't my experience either. ADHD and autism are both things the medical profession as a whole seems to think only effects kids and they 'grow out of it.' (Kind of like some people thinking lgbt kids don't exist, only adults.) Which makes getting an adult diagnosis and support quite difficult. It was over six months before I could even get a referral to a psychiatrist from a therapist. And then more months evaluation, and whej I did start medication, it was an extremely low dosage and slow increase.

But location and regulation might make your milage vary.
Teachers are often those that push for the medical community to medicate kids. As for adults not being able to get help, it shouldn't be that way. Maybe they figure it must not be that bad if you didn't have it tested in childhood. I can't speak for the physicians though.

We Never Know

No Slack
Many, many many of them are non-profits.

To be exempt from paying taxes.

A neighbouring town has a nonprofit hospital. It has bought up half the buildings in town. Assets like that aren't seen as profits, Its expantion. Plus they pay Dr big bucks

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm not doing that. Children are developmentally incapable of dealing with sexuality. That's why there's a thing called statutory rape. Allowing child "sex reassignment"[sic] is as bad as condoning child sexual activity. Those here that condone childhood sexual mutilation are the ones that need to do research. The suffering of the victims of the pro-sexual mutilation of children lobby is upon their heads. The suicides and broken lives caused by childhood sexually mutilation lie at their feet.

Speaking of study, study this,
‘I literally lost organs:’ Why detransitioned teens regret changing genders
Children know certain things feel good to their sex organs and they are curious about other people's bodies. They just don't have sexual feelings for other people until puberty.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I'm not doing that. Children are developmentally incapable of dealing with sexuality. That's why there's a thing called statutory rape. Allowing child "sex reassignment"[sic] is as bad as condoning child sexual activity. Those here that condone childhood sexual mutilation are the ones that need to do research. The suffering of the victims of the pro-sexual mutilation of children lobby is upon their heads. The suicides and broken lives caused by childhood sexually mutilation lie at their feet.

Speaking of study, study this,
‘I literally lost organs:’ Why detransitioned teens regret changing genders

Well, I wish childhood was a magical state of being a child in only one sense for all the time of being a child and magically you are not a child.
Now there are with that field of how to deal with trans children in a sense black, white and grey.
If we could agree on what those are, we might find a compromise.

We Never Know

No Slack
Nope, it was addressed.

What criteria separates legitimate medical conditions from ones you believe were invented to make a profit (and that every doctor is somehow in on) other than your personal hang-ups?

"What criteria separates legitimate medical conditions from ones you believe were invented to make a profit"

Those are your words, not mine.

I stated a fact that they are a business.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
"What criteria separates legitimate medical conditions from ones you believe were invented to make a profit"

Yeah and the hidden assumption is that all business' is bad and nothing else.
It is the same as claiming that all I did as a civil servant was to use administrative power and all power is bad.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
To be exempt from paying taxes.

A neighbouring town has a nonprofit hospital. It has bought up half the buildings in town. Assets like that aren't seen as profits, Its expantion. Plus they pay Dr big bucks
And yet many facilities depend on donations to keep going. Lots of them don't expand or make profits. Some run on a loss.
You don't know much about this side of healthcare, do you? And you do know the doctor the doctor has a doctorates, right? But not only that, many are on call, something that does deserve generous compensation.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
So, no, you don't care about nanny state over reach as you clearly just don't mind when the government steps in to make decisions about healthcare and bans an accepted treatment, all because your side likes to think its ignorance, stupidity, hatred and bigotry lets it know better than the experts who actually study and work with the trans community.
There seem to be a lot of people (in general, Republicans) who think that the more votes you get, the better informed you become, without even needing to go to the trouble of learning anything.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

So are the people who make crutches. You don't suppose they're out there trying to convince everybody that they're crippled and really need a pair, do you?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There seem to be a lot of people (in general, Republicans) who think that the more votes you get, the better informed you become, without even needing to go to the trouble of learning anything.
Well, whenever someone does attempt to explain the world to them they basically have always stuck their fingers in their ears and said "lalalalalalalalala" so they can keep believing their monkey nonsense about evolution, dismissing dangers of conversion therapy, thinkkng Global Warming is the will of their god, believing the cops only go after bad people who break the law, and that gender dysphoria isn't a medical diagnosis and treating is evil mutilation.

Shaul

Premium Member
You're right, because circumcision is a primitive and barbaric practice that serves no legitimate purpose. If anything deserves to be called sexual mutilation, it is that.
If someone wants to actually be circumcized, let them make their own choice as an adult.
<yawn> cheap attempt to change the subject. "Sexual reassignment" surgery for children is wrong.

We Never Know

No Slack
And yet many facilities depend on donations to keep going. Lots of them don't expand or make profits. Some run on a loss.
You don't know much about this side of healthcare, do you? And you do know the doctor the doctor has a doctorates, right? But not only that, many are on call, something that does deserve generous compensation.

Places like St Jude that give treatment for free do rely on donations.

Shaul

Premium Member
Children know certain things feel good to their sex organs and they are curious about other people's bodies. They just don't have sexual feelings for other people until puberty.
OMG Children are developmentally incapable of dealing with sex. Their psyches are simply incapable of dealing with sex. That's why sex with children is universally condemned and prohibited. Sexualizing children is criminal and disgusting.
Leave the kids alone!

Shaul

Premium Member
Well, I wish childhood was a magical state of being a child in only one sense for all the time of being a child and magically you are not a child.
Now there are with that field of how to deal with trans children in a sense black, white and grey.
If we could agree on what those are, we might find a compromise.
No, we don't "compromise". We err on the side of caution by making sex with children illegal.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
OMG Children are developmentally incapable of dealing with sex. Their psyches are simply incapable of dealing with sex. That's why sex with children is universally condemned and prohibited. Sexualizing children is criminal and disgusting.
Leave the kids alone!
It's not sex! They know their genitals give pleasure to themselves, but they certainly don't have the capacity to have sexual feelings yet. I said nothing about sexualizing children. No one has to teach kids that their genitals have nerve endings that feel nice when touched...by only themselves, NOT ANYONE ELSE. You do see the difference, don't you?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I keep forgetting most of the experts on everything are here :rolleyes:
No, you keep forgetting that "most of the experts on everything" are NOT elected politicians.

Look, you are so inconsistent sometimes it boggles the mind. Above, you complained that the medical profession should not be involved in making decisions (or helping parents make decisions) about gender dysphoria, because "they are a business." For that reason, you are content to leave it to politicians to "regulate" them. But you don't want other businesses regulated (like the financial industry, or those destroying our ecosystems) -- that would be antithetical to your view of "liberty."

Can you see the inconsistency? What do you suppose is the reason for it? Is it because this is about sex -- which religions seem to want to control in everybody?