• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-trans bill passes in Kentucky

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Just to recontextualize this a moment, The vast majority of gender affirming care is done by cis people, not trans people. 'Correcting' the mismatch between their expectations of how their body should match their expectations of gender.

When a teen boy gets surgery to correct asymptomatic gynecomastia, it's gender affirming care.
When a teen girl takes estrogen to correct unwanted facial hair, that's also gender affirming care.

The important thing to remember is that even though the mismatch is a defect they want to correct, that doesn't make them defective *people,* which has entirely other negative connotations. The defect isn't in their personhood.

This is also important to remember when talking about disabled people. The difference between you have a disability and you are a disability.
Then the mind is irrelevant then. So the body is regarded as defective.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
It is about sex. Sex in the sense of a totality, not just the physical act. The fact that children experience physical pleasure sensations from stimulation is irrelevant to justifying adults surgically mutilating their genitalia. Allowing morally bankrupt "adults" from destroying a child's genitals doesn't promote their ability to "give pleasure to themselves". It is beyond vulgar for you to try to use childhood masturbation to justify medically destroying their genitals.

Leave the kids alone!
I wasn't justifying anything. I know it's two different types of subject matter. You are just wrong about kids not being sexual. Sexuality does not just mean sexual interest and intercourse. Read up on it.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
So, you want the government to make such a decision for the teen, thus not the teen, the parents, and the doctor, right?

If I may, there is a deficit if the Dr. is deferring to the parent, and the parent is deferring to the Dr. simultaneously.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No. I don't buy that.

Let's put my perspective on hold for the moment.

What is the surgery hormones for if nothing is defective?
Let's say for a moment that your last heart attack deprived your brain of enough oxygenated blood that it damaged your faculties.

Are *you* defective or do you *have* a defect? And do you understand the difference between the two?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What is it then? You don't take surgical and hormonal means to not 'correct' something, so something is obviously being viewed as being defective, as far as I'm concerned.
Do you just not pay attention, or is it a refusal to learn? I mean, how can you possibly reach this conclusion as often as this has been discussed unless you don't pay attention or just refuse to learn anything about the subject.
What is the surgery hormones for if nothing is defective?
What are surgery hormones?

InChrist

Free4ever
At 16 already I knew that children needed protection from people that wanted to exploit them sexually. Like decent people do.

As well as corporate entities exploiting them for long term financial profit. Follow the money and it always leads to those who are using people as commodities for financial gain.

“Follow me as I dissect the wealthy, white, technophilic elites responsible for the gender industry, identity medicine, and their motives. I discuss the influence of the techno-medical complex on LBG corporatization and the continued efforts of the gender industry to deny the genetic boundary between men and women. I discuss here the complex labyrinth of power - including collusion between global banks, non-governmental organizations, philanthropists, etc. - I detail the corporatist cult which is grooming the populace for profit and control by driving the colonization of female biology and the technological takeover of human reproduction.

The mammoth infrastructure promoting transhumanism and autogynephilia drive the disembodiment and dismembering of human beings. I speak to the insanity of celebrating castration, the death spiral we in western societies are in, and the communal solidarity on the other side of speaking the truth.”

jbilek.substack.com

Transhumanism and Autogynephilia

The Corporate Usurpation of Human Reproduction and Humanity
jbilek.substack.com
jbilek.substack.com

“No “transgender” community pushes an ideology of body dissociation around the world—at lightning speed—into language, law, institutions, and the media simultaneously. Oligarchs govern us at the highest echelons of finance, and they have a vested interest in the gender industry.

“Gender identity” ideology is not politically separate from business. Business is no longer separated from politics. We in Western cultures are governed by billionaires in finance who drive policy through our political institutions. A façade of democracy shrouds the oligarchy we live in, just like the gender performances in gender ideology shroud the capitalist profiteering from the colonization of human sex.”

jbilek.substack.com

Who Owns Big Pharma and the Billionaires Invested in the Gender Industry?

No “transgender” community pushes an ideology of body dissociation around the world—at lightning speed—into language, law, institutions, and the media simultaneously. Oligarchs govern us at the highest echelons of finance, and they have a vested interest in the gender industry.
jbilek.substack.com
jbilek.substack.com

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If I may, there is a deficit if the Dr. is deferring to the parent, and the parent is deferring to the Dr. simultaneously.
I'm not sure what you mean by "deficit" in this context, so could you explain?

Are you implying that neither is competent and thus only the government should be making the choice for them?

metis

As well as corporate entities exploiting them for long term financial profit. Follow the money and it always leads to those who are using people as commodities for financial gain.

“Follow me as I dissect the wealthy, white, technophilic elites responsible for the gender industry, identity medicine, and their motives. I discuss the influence of the techno-medical complex on LBG corporatization and the continued efforts of the gender industry to deny the genetic boundary between men and women. I discuss here the complex labyrinth of power - including collusion between global banks, non-governmental organizations, philanthropists, etc. - I detail the corporatist cult which is grooming the populace for profit and control by driving the colonization of female biology and the technological takeover of human reproduction.

The mammoth infrastructure promoting transhumanism and autogynephilia drive the disembodiment and dismembering of human beings. I speak to the insanity of celebrating castration, the death spiral we in western societies are in, and the communal solidarity on the other side of speaking the truth.”

jbilek.substack.com

jbilek.substack.com
jbilek.substack.com

“No “transgender” community pushes an ideology of body dissociation around the world—at lightning speed—into language, law, institutions, and the media simultaneously. Oligarchs govern us at the highest echelons of finance, and they have a vested interest in the gender industry.

“Gender identity” ideology is not politically separate from business. Business is no longer separated from politics. We in Western cultures are governed by billionaires in finance who drive policy through our political institutions. A façade of democracy shrouds the oligarchy we live in, just like the gender performances in gender ideology shroud the capitalist profiteering from the colonization of human sex.”

jbilek.substack.com

No “transgender” community pushes an ideology of body dissociation around the world—at lightning speed—into language, law, institutions, and the media simultaneously. Oligarchs govern us at the highest echelons of finance, and they have a vested interest in the gender industry.
jbilek.substack.com
jbilek.substack.com
OK, so you provide a link to someone's newsletter and that supposedly says it all?

So, let m ask you this: In such a matter, who should be making the decision, the teen with the family & with their doctor, or is it to be the government?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

jbilek.substack.com

jbilek.substack.com
jbilek.substack.com

jbilek.substack.com

jbilek.substack.com
jbilek.substack.com
It is, of course, laughably absurd to compare gender dysphoria with autogynohylia. "Lightning speed" is also just as equally absurd. "Body dissociation" is why uneducated and ignorant laymen should butt out of areas they have no understanding of, because truly it looks like you learned a few psych 101 words and are trying to sound smarter and more informed than you actually are.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

jbilek.substack.com

jbilek.substack.com
jbilek.substack.com

jbilek.substack.com

jbilek.substack.com
jbilek.substack.com
Oh gimme a break. :rolleyes:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I'm not sure what you mean by "deficit" in this context, so could you explain?

I mean that there is a liability, a chink in the armor, a gap in the phalanx, a deficit in the protection that one would expect when a Dr. is setting up a treatment plan, and a deficit in the protection one would expect when a parent consents to that treatment.

Are you implying that neither is competent and thus only the government should be making the choice for them?

How do you feel about ADA bathrooms? Or egress windows? Building codes in general? Are architects and builders incompetent?

I'm pro-regulation. That's what this comes down to. Right now there doesn't seem to be ANY regulation on gender affirming care in the US. There are guidelines published, but no one is requiring those guidelines to be followed.

People are being seriously harmed by this. We don't know how many. Anecdotally, sure, trans people say, no one I know has regrets. But anecdotally, people who have regret are shunned. The studies that show the least regret are from countries which have regulations on gender affirming care.

InChrist

Free4ever
Oh gimme a break. :rolleyes:
If you don’t do the research then you are easily manipulated and that’s what is happening.
It is, of course, laughably absurd to compare gender dysphoria with autogynohylia. "Lightning speed" is also just as equally absurd. "Body dissociation" is why uneducated and ignorant laymen should butt out of areas they have no understanding of, because truly it looks like you learned a few psych 101 words and are trying to sound smarter and more informed than you actually are.
I’m not sure why you wouldn’t understand that corporations are in the business of creating markets and manipulating people for profit…. massive and ongoing profits.

…We must look at what “gender identity” accomplishes in the world to understand this and why the largest banks and investment houses in the world have any interest in a tiny minorities' identity issues. “Gender identity” does double duty. First, it opens markets in sexual identity. Without it, the already massively profitable corporate identities created out of same-sex attraction could not be expanded. Without violating the boundaries of male and female, all that exists are lesbian, bisexual, gay, and straight people as a marketing constituency. Add “gender identity,” which provides an illusion of changing sex, placing it on a spectrum, and the marketing constituency expands infinitely. As “gender” ideologists are fond of reporting, there are as many genders as there are people. Any marketing graduate can tell you that honing your message to smaller and smaller, more distinct groups is a recipe for success. Not only are medical identities profitable in this equation, but profits soar for everyone.

Make-up lines, like Crayola’s new Boing Boing, for so-called “gender fluid” individuals, Jecca, a London-based unisex brand of make-up that launched in 2012, Sephora’s Phluid non-binary fragrance line, clothing lines like TomBoyX which market traditional men’s boxer shorts shaped for women’s bodies, are just a few small examples of the marketing opportunities that occur when the boundary between male and female is blurred, and sex has been pronounced as existing on a spectrum. These product lines help to make the illusion more real that we are not a sexually dimorphic species and that there is some other way to be human while supporting new markets.

metis

How do you feel about ADA bathrooms?
I think that's for the school and district to decide as well as the grade level that they're dealing with.
I'm pro-regulation.
I'm pro-regulation if and when it's needed.

People are being seriously harmed by this.
There appears to be more suicides from teenagers who can't get hormone treatment than with those who have.

Imagine yourself being a man by desire in a body that's female. If you are a heterosexual man, how does it feel to you to have sex with another man?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If you don’t do the research then you are easily manipulated and that’s what is happening.

I’m not sure why you wouldn’t understand that corporations are in the business of creating markets and manipulating people for profit…. massive and ongoing profits.

…We must look at what “gender identity” accomplishes in the world to understand this and why the largest banks and investment houses in the world have any interest in a tiny minorities' identity issues. “Gender identity” does double duty. First, it opens markets in sexual identity. Without it, the already massively profitable corporate identities created out of same-sex attraction could not be expanded. Without violating the boundaries of male and female, all that exists are lesbian, bisexual, gay, and straight people as a marketing constituency. Add “gender identity,” which provides an illusion of changing sex, placing it on a spectrum, and the marketing constituency expands infinitely. As “gender” ideologists are fond of reporting, there are as many genders as there are people. Any marketing graduate can tell you that honing your message to smaller and smaller, more distinct groups is a recipe for success. Not only are medical identities profitable in this equation, but profits soar for everyone.

Make-up lines, like Crayola’s new Boing Boing, for so-called “gender fluid” individuals, Jecca, a London-based unisex brand of make-up that launched in 2012, Sephora’s Phluid non-binary fragrance line, clothing lines like TomBoyX which market traditional men’s boxer shorts shaped for women’s bodies, are just a few small examples of the marketing opportunities that occur when the boundary between male and female is blurred, and sex has been pronounced as existing on a spectrum. These product lines help to make the illusion more real that we are not a sexually dimorphic species and that there is some other way to be human while supporting new markets.
Yeah, this isn't research. It's conspiracy YouTube nonsense.

You're upset that makeup companies are catering to larger populations of people? Come on, man. That's got absolutely zero to do with the topic at hand.

You should have watched the video I provided from Jon Stewart's show. It's much more informational in nature than this nonsense.

LOL I've been wearing "boy shorts" for like 20 years now. This isn't anything new. Are you also upset that the green M&M wears more sensible shoes now?

You should go Google "David Bowie in the 70's." I think it might blow your mind.

InChrist

Free4ever
OK, so you provide a link to someone's newsletter and that supposedly says it all?

So, let m ask you this: In such a matter, who should be making the decision, the teen with the family & with their doctor, or is it to be the government?
Obviously, nothing or no one “says it all”.
To answer your question; the teen, family and doctor should make decisions, not government. Problem is that far too many kids are being indoctrinated into confusing ideas concerning their sexuality and gender in government schools, unbeknownst by their families. These schools doing the indoctrinated are heavily influenced and financed ( as well as many doctors) again by corporate entities motivated by using kids, creating a market and making money.

metis

To answer your question; the teen, family and doctor should make decisions, not government.
Then maybe actually let them do that, OK?
Problem is that far too many kids are being indoctrinated into confusing ideas concerning their sexuality and gender in government schools, unbeknownst by their families.
And how do you supposedly know this from any objective studies? Can you provide links from actual studies on this? Yes or no will do.
These schools doing the indoctrinated are heavily influenced and financed ( as well as many doctors) again by corporate entities motivated by using kids, creating a market and making money.
Which corporations, so can you give us names with links?