• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-trans bill passes in Kentucky

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What if I told you that it is not objective and is not just science to talk about a defect, but rather what makes a defect a defect can be culture, politics, power, values and morality and all the rest in part?
In the end we are playing what harm is and that is not natural science.
Another words, it's still a mess and no one really knows the proper solution.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Well something is being regarded as a defect.

What is it then? You don't take surgical and hormonal means to not 'correct' something, so something is obviously being viewed as being defective, as far as I'm concerned.

Have you considered that your view can cause harm?
Let me explain it using me. I am in everyday words to some people crazy. Thus some people try to correct me because I am a defect, but how they try to correct me, causes me harm. But in another sense then I am not a defect, I am just not neuro typical.

The problem is that being defective can be applied to everybody including you the way it appears you use it.

Shaul

Premium Member
It's not sex! They know their genitals give pleasure to themselves, but they certainly don't have the capacity to have sexual feelings yet. I said nothing about sexualizing children. No one has to teach kids that their genitals have nerve endings that feel nice when touched...by only themselves, NOT ANYONE ELSE. You do see the difference, don't you?
It is about sex. Sex in the sense of a totality, not just the physical act. The fact that children experience physical pleasure sensations from stimulation is irrelevant to justifying adults surgically mutilating their genitalia. Allowing morally bankrupt "adults" from destroying a child's genitals doesn't promote their ability to "give pleasure to themselves". It is beyond vulgar for you to try to use childhood masturbation to justify medically destroying their genitals.

Leave the kids alone!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Have you considered that your view can cause harm?
Let me explain it using me. I am in everyday words to some people crazy. Thus some people try to correct me because I am a defect, but how they try to correct me, causes me harm. But in another sense then I am not a defect, I am just not neuro typical.

The problem is that being defective can be applied to everybody including you the way it appears you use it.
Your misunderstanding it.

I'm not saying the person is a defect, but there is something defective going on within that person givin the conflict with the mind and the body.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It is about sex. Sex in the sense of a totality, not just the physical act. The fact that children experience physical pleasure sensations from stimulation is irrelevant to justifying adults surgically mutilating their genitalia. Allowing morally bankrupt "adults" from destroying a child's genitals doesn't promote their ability to "give pleasure to themselves". It is beyond vulgar for you to try to use childhood masturbation to justify medically destroying their genitals.

Leave the kids alone!

But that is not all that being trans is about. And even then when is a child a child?

Shaul

Premium Member
Sex assignment is literally medical/legal documentation service doctors preform. Written as 'assigned (x) at birth by (y doctor) at (z) institution.'

And are sometimes wrong because genotype and gonadal sex often don't align, doctors don't look at genotype, and because gender and sex are not interchangeable terms.
That's a lot of sophistry and verbosity that doesn't negate what I wrote whatsoever. Biology does determine sex.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Leave the kids alone!
So, you want the government to make such a decision for the teen, thus not the teen, the parents, and the doctor, right?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Your misunderstanding it.

I'm not saying the person is a defect, but there is something defective going on within that person givin the conflict with the mind and the body.

Yeah, but how to handle that is maybe not that simple as you would make that out to be.
Again I will use me.
I have a conflict in my mind/brain and thus as a part of my body.
There are several ways of dealing with that not just for me as me. Some of them involve how you treat me.
Do you understand it now?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What is it then? You don't take surgical and hormonal means to not 'correct' something, so something is obviously being viewed as being defective, as far as I'm concerned.
It appears to be a natural variation.

Leave the kids alone!
Still spewing strawman arguments I see.

The topic has not been sex change surgery in minors. But hypocritically I see that you seem to support genital mutilation.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
To be honest. Because I am crazy, but somewhat high functioning as crazy, I can sometimes spot limited low level crazy in normal people. But that don't make them wrong or any of that. Just that they haven't notice for what ever reason that is relevant to them.
Well I am not crazy at all. Perfectly 100% sane. And my neighbors truly appreciate when I tell them what they are doing wrong.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Just to recontextualize this a moment, The vast majority of gender affirming care is done by cis people, not trans people. 'Correcting' the mismatch between their expectations of how their body should match their expectations of gender.

When a teen boy gets surgery to correct asymptomatic gynecomastia, it's gender affirming care.
When a teen girl takes estrogen to correct unwanted facial hair, that's also gender affirming care.

The important thing to remember is that even though the mismatch is a defect they want to correct, that doesn't make them defective *people,* which has entirely other negative connotations. The defect isn't in their personhood.

This is also important to remember when talking about disabled people. The difference between you have a disability and you are a disability.