• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-mask Huntington Beach restaurant says it will only serve unvaccinated diners

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Working from home is fine if it's your choice... If it's something that's forced on you, it's loss of freedom.
I had to actually go into work every day since the pandemic began, as I was the only one in my office who didn't fall into the high risk category for catching COVID. So essentially, I was risking my health every day to keep our office going.
Honestly, I would have rather worked from home, as my co-workers did. One of my co-workers is still working from home and intends to keep doing so indefinitely. She feels like she has more freedom now than she did before when she was forced to come into the office for a fixed period of time every day.

Just another perspective.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What I also think is so utterly appalling are some of the governors, especially DeSantis in Florida and Abbott in Texas, seem hell-bent on having as many people as they can to die by not allowing cities and school districts to make their own decisions to mandate mask wearing. Over and over again the Vatican and USCCB has encouraged masking and vaccines to protect both children and adults, and yet DeSantis and Abbott, both whom are Catholic, either didn't get their "memos" or they just doesn't give a damn as to how many of their own constituents may die.

And yet I'll betcha they claim to be "pro-life". :rolleyes:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
What I also think is so utterly appalling are some of the governors, especially DeSantis in Florida and Abbott in Texas, seem hell-bent on having as many people as they can to die by not allowing cities and school districts to make their own decisions to mandate mask wearing. Over and over again the Vatican and USCCB has encouraged masking and vaccines to protect both children and adults, and yet DeSantis and Abbott, both whom are Catholic, either didn't get their "memos" or they just doesn't give a damn as to how many of their own constituents may die.

And yet I'll betcha they claim to be "pro-life". :rolleyes:
Oh come on, it's a longstanding Catholic tradition to only listen to the Pope when you agree with him!

metis

Oh come on, it's a longstanding Catholic tradition to only listen to the Pope when you agree with him!
Oh, I wish you were wrong on that.

OTOH, let me just mention that a blind following of Papal decrees is not a requirement as there's definitely room for personal discernment.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Working from home is fine if it's your choice... If it's something that's forced on you, it's loss of freedom.
There is an old bar expression that comes to mind, but I want to turn it around.

“You don’t have to stay home, but you can’t come here!”

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I think its a sign that people had enough.

Face it, they have been viciously forced through the ringer all over a moderate virus.

600k deaths in the US alone. And that is WITH all the social restrictions and measures in place.

Yeah. Totally "moderate".

Here's a couple of reminders of just how "moderate" it was in New York city a few months ago

Coronavirus: New York ramps up mass burials amid outbreak - BBC News
Covid-19 victims still stored in refrigerated trucks in New York City - CNN

Yeah, totally moderate. Not worthy of any extra-ordinary action at all.
Let's all just continue living as if only a "moderate" flu or cold is sweeping accross the globe.

Let's all just collectively stick our head in the sand and pretend like everything is fine.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
600k deaths in the US alone. And that is WITH all the social restrictions and measures in place.

Yeah. Totally "moderate".

Here's a couple of reminders of just how "moderate" it was in New York city a few months ago

Coronavirus: New York ramps up mass burials amid outbreak - BBC News
Covid-19 victims still stored in refrigerated trucks in New York City - CNN

Yeah, totally moderate. Not worthy of any extra-ordinary action at all.
Let's all just continue living as if only a "moderate" flu or cold is sweeping accross the globe.

Let's all just collectively stick our head in the sand and pretend like everything is fine.
Yep. Just like the Democrats stick their heads in the sand. Ask AOC.

Obvious she's real concerned and frightened of all of this.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Anti-mask Huntington Beach restaurant says it will only serve unvaccinated diners – Orange County Register

16x9OCR-L-BASILICOS-0727-JG-08.jpg

How does one prove that one is not vaccinated? This doesn't even make any sense.

"Leave the mask, take the cannoli."

The Godfather references are kind of cute, though.

"Tattaglia's a pimp. He never could've out-fought Santino. But I didn't know until this day that it was Balisco's all along."

Do they have a special menu for red-necks? :p

ecco

Veteran Member
Since this is the case I wouldn't see a reason to push how much they work if there is that margin of error.

It's not a margin of error. It's a measure of effectiveness. Phizer was listed as 94% effective against the original strain. It is listed as above 90% effective against Delta.

That shows the real problem. With much higher rates among unvaccinated, there are more hosts for the virus to mutate. Our current vaccines will be less effective, or not effective at all, against possible new mutations.

Virginians are still at a risk, of course, but CDC and other expert sources tend to divide the stats so so far we're at a low risk. Most likely because of population density and vaccination.

Most likely because one area has higher vaccination rates and stronger mandated restrictions.

No. That's incorrect.

What's incorrect?

Also, nothing I linked is behind any firewalls.

ecco

Veteran Member
The point is this doesn't make sense because you'd need to know more than just being unvaccinated to say whether the unvaccinated is at a lesser or greater (or at any) actual immediate threat.
Nonsense. Unvaccinated people are at greater risk than vaccinated people. It is amazing that you don't comprehend that by now.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Nonsense. Unvaccinated people are at greater risk than vaccinated people. It is amazing that you don't comprehend that by now.

No. We're at the same risk before vaccines came up.

The only way we can increase our risk is to be around people, travel, things like that. It only seems like an increase but that's only relative to the vaccinated.

I do. I disagree.

That's the problem there. You need to justify people's decisions by ignorance rather than just accept what they decide no matter how immoral you think they are. Ignorance may be a good justification for you but for many unvaccinated you're wrong.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

We have always been. Vaccinated lowered their risk.

That's nothing new. Just news is highlighting the obvious to get people to vaccinate.

metis

The question I have is that since the virus load in the nasal pharynx can be as high as with the unvaccinated, does it linger as long? A vaccinated person has developed enough antibodies to keep from getting violently ill or dying in the vast majority of cases, thus it would seemingly also knock back the virus more quickly. If so, then time is also a factor here to consider.

However, I have not read nor heard any of the researchers mention this. Have any of you? Also, any research that any of you have run across on the Lambda Variation as far as the vaccine effectiveness is concerned?