• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-Israel protests outside Max Brenner

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I can't believe this is happening, what disgusting people. Max Brenner is Israeli owned but franchised out to people who may or may not be Israeli or supports of Israel.

Yet, today hundreds turned out (just up the road from me) to try and bully people into not buying anything at Max Brenner's because of the nationaliy of its ownership.

I'm not 100% aware of the laws on this matter but it i surely breaking the law to bully patrons into not buying a product based on ownership.

Source: Protesters target Max Brenner cafe

What are your thoughts on this sort of thing? I think this is socially unacceptable.

Rakhel

I agree. but what can you do, except walk right through them and tell them to "blow it out your pipe"

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
:facepalm:

I don't think it's appropriate either. If these people really want to picket, why not go to an embassy or the White House where it actually MEANS something? :rolleyes:

Do they sell hot fudge there? If they do, they just may sway me in there...:run:

Rakhel

I don't think it's appropriate either. If these people really want to picket, why not go to an embassy or the White House where it actually MEANS something? :rolleyes:

Do they sell hot fudge there? If they do, they just may sway me in there...:run:
It's Australia. they don't have a White House, per say. Max Brenner is a chocolate store so you may find Hot Fudge there. They do have an online store if you don't live near one like we do:drool:
https://shop.maxbrenner.com/

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Oops, I skipped over the location. I'm still gathering my marbles this morning. :eek: Embassy then. :)

FUDGE!!!! :drool:

Nope, none near me...*sigh*

Rakhel

LOL tis ok. They still have an online store. I have been looking at the website. Getting all the more tempted to venture in there. CHO-CO-LATE!!

Tamar

I am Jewish.
I can't believe this is happening, what disgusting people. Max Brenner is Israeli owned but franchised out to people who may or may not be Israeli or supports of Israel.

Yet, today hundreds turned out (just up the road from me) to try and bully people into not buying anything at Max Brenner's because of the nationaliy of its ownership.

I'm not 100% aware of the laws on this matter but it i surely breaking the law to bully patrons into not buying a product based on ownership.

Source: Protesters target Max Brenner cafe

What are your thoughts on this sort of thing? I think this is socially unacceptable.

Yes this boycott is unacceptable. We live in a global economy and these boycotts don't just hurt Israeli businesses, it hurts all those who are connected.

To target a business like this is just plain bullying behavior.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

Haha nice one, yeh, Brisbane is just up the road from me.

I think its so unreasonable to harm business to make a political statement. Its so unnecessary and given that it was a franchise its even worse. How do they know this max brenner was even remotely Israeli other than by parent ownership of the company?