• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-Gay therapy "a lie"

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
"The man who founded Hope for Wholeness, one of the most prominent conversion therapy groups in the United States, has come out as gay.

McKrae Game, the founder of the South Carolina-based conversion therapy ministry Hope for Wholeness, came out as gay this summer, nearly two years after being fired from the organization he founded."

Conversion therapy organization founder comes out as gay: 'Please forgive me'

Game gave details of some of the harm the organization did, and that he expressed regret and wanted to make amends with former participants.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Hopefully people go easy on him, and he's able to find peace with himself.
I always believe when people sincerely regret what they've done, that they should be forgiven. (That does not mean I don't think that those who have committed crimes and regret it ought not to serve their proper sentences. I am bound by the laws of my nation, as are all my fellow Canadians.)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"The man who founded Hope for Wholeness, one of the most prominent conversion therapy groups in the United States, has come out as gay.

McKrae Game, the founder of the South Carolina-based conversion therapy ministry Hope for Wholeness, came out as gay this summer, nearly two years after being fired from the organization he founded."

Game gave details of some of the harm the organization did, and that he expressed regret and wanted to make amends with former participants.
It is rather amazing how often that those with the strongest objections to homosexuality turn out to be homosexuals themselves. And the major reason appears to be due to Christianity.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I always believe when people sincerely regret what they've done, that they should be forgiven. (That does not mean I don't think that those who have committed crimes and regret it ought not to serve their proper sentences. I am bound by the laws of my nation, as are all my fellow Canadians.)
What crime? He's American. It's not harm, it's a "sincerely held religious belief."

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
What crime? He's American. It's not harm, it's a "sincerely held religious belief."
Agreed, but what I said is, if it's not a crime, then it would be wrong of the state to punish him for it. I forgive him because he has the humility and honesty to repent on his own, and that's enough for me.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It is rather amazing how often that those with the strongest objections to homosexuality turn out to be homosexuals themselves. And the major reason appears to be due to Christianity.
Well, I think I might alter that a bit, to say that the major reasons appear to be those unverifiable beliefs that we hold to, and insist that others hold to, as well. That would cover more than just Christianity, but also more than just religion.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Well all that talk about sex could do that to somebody.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I watched a couple youtube videos about conversion therapies and victims. I usually can't sit through the whole thing without a Pepsi drink or something. Christian theology isn't really my issue. I'm glad I'm not christian. I think that person had some, what is the word, inner homophobia. A lot of people find out the hard way-when their child is gay, run away from home, or so have you and then they "get it." Doesn't mean they have to leave their faith, just be more open to the wellbeing of others. Gain perspective. Maybe what you think is a sin isn't quite the same definition your child holds.

Anyway.