• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-choicers: this is the fruit of your labour

Heyo

Veteran Member
I’m in favour of that, only because late term abortions are among the most medically necessary.
And here is it again. I've scolded anti abortionists and gun advocates for using the "only a few" argument and I'm consistent in dismissing it from pro choicers. Let's stop using it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Are you not aware that there is a strong consensus
that raping progeny....raping anyone....is wrong.
To allow abortion wouldn't change that.

Continuous surveillance of every person in order to
detect crime is a solution far worse than the crimes.

This specific fact is strangely anomalous.
The local police or the feds should take care of this little girl. And making her have an abortion so they can collect overwhelming DNA evidence of the fetus . To detect the perpetrator.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This specific fact is strangely anomalous.
The local police or the feds should take care of this little girl. And making her have an abortion so they can collect overwhelming DNA evidence of the fetus . To detect the perpetrator.
They needn't force her to give birth to collect DNA.
Have you read that somewhere?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And the devastation left in their wake doesn't matter, they got their religious way imposed on a nation, it's just tough for those it impacts eh?
Bad decisions are made all the time.

Even as a right wing advocate, even I say Roe vs Wade was a fair elective legislation. Now it's compulsory legislation.

May be best to learn what compulsory legislation does to people and learn from it.

Besides, this isn't written on stone for forever. Just get people in office to restore the original ruling or make it so that people are not penalized if they go out of state.

For the people by the people. Remember?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Bad decisions are made all the time.

Even as a right wing advocate, even I say Roe vs Wade was a fair elective legislation. Now it's compulsory legislation.

May be best to learn what compulsory legislation does to people and learn from it.

Besides, this isn't written on stone for forever. Just get people in office to restore the original ruling or make it so that people are not penalized if they go out of state.

For the people by the people. Remember?

There is a 10 year old child learning from it.

Twilight Hue

This boils my blood,an Irish friend was raped in Ireland and was forbidden to have an abortion,so much better to have her baby and be reminded of her trauma for the rest of her life,she was made to feel like she was guilty,she had to come to the UK to have one.
At least such a person ought to be compensated by any adoptive parents.

I'd still seek abortion as a recommendation as I believe the genetic rape genes gets passed on by the rapist.

Twilight Hue

Taking state control of a woman's (or girl's) womb is not any civilised way to make it fairer
What its doing os putting America back 50 years and knock on legislation will take it back to biblical times with the female as property.
Also there's the issue of infanticide to deal with again. A terrible tragedy all around.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
And here is it again. I've scolded anti abortionists and gun advocates for using the "only a few" argument and I'm consistent in dismissing it from pro choicers. Let's stop using it.
Apologies but I’m a little unclear on your meaning?

Alien826

No religious beliefs
At least such a person ought to be compensated by any adoptive parents.

I'd still seek abortion as a recommendation as I believe the genetic rape genes gets passed on by the rapist.

This worries me. First I've never seen any evidence for any "genetic rape gene". Show me some if you have it. Even if so, the child would have 50-50 chance of inheriting it.

Next, there is a danger of the "self fulfilling prophesy". If a rapist's child is generally believed to be a potential rapist, and probably told so, can you see how that could produce exactly what you believe is hereditary? I'm not too sure about being so detailed as the tendency to rape, but bad behavior in general? Wasn't there a decrease in violent crime 18 years after Roe? The logic may be a bit tenuous, but the idea of unwanted children being subject to bad parenting is compelling.

Twilight Hue

This worries me. First I've never seen any evidence for any "genetic rape gene". Show me some if you have it. Even if so, the child would have 50-50 chance of inheriting it.

Next, there is a danger of the "self fulfilling prophesy". If a rapist's child is generally believed to be a potential rapist, and probably told so, can you see how that could produce exactly what you believe is hereditary? I'm not too sure about being so detailed as the tendency to rape, but bad behavior in general? Wasn't there a decrease in violent crime 18 years after Roe? The logic may be a bit tenuous, but the idea of unwanted children being subject to bad parenting is compelling.
Well in fairness it's not a guarantee the child will actually become a rapist, but there's definitely a correlation that the odds are higher if there are rapists in one's genealogy.

Criminal Genes and Criminal Brains

There is some merit to it.