• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-abortion, or pro-life, the difference?

pearl

Over the past 50 years, we have repeatedly heard the phrase “My body, my choice.” Unfortunately, there has been a troubling corollary in American policy, often tacitly expressed but now firmly entrenched: “Your baby, your problem.” It is more important than ever that we challenge that assumption head-on.
1. Be very clear about the distinction (once widely recognized) between “abortion” and “termination of a pregnancy.” Abortion is never necessary to save the life of a mother. However, a procedure that does not “directly target the life of the unborn child” but results in the termination of a pregnancy sometimes is. (If that does not make sense to you, please watch this.) Advocate for policies and laws that allow for termination of a pregnancy when necessary.

4. Advocate for laws and policies that support families, including (but not limited to) mandatory family leave and child tax credits.
5. Note especially the Pregnant Women Support Act, introduced in Congress in 2006 and in 2009, which includes provisions like free home visits by registered nurses for teenage or first-time mothers and support for pregnant and parenting college students. It also prevents discrimination against pregnant women in health care by banning description of pregnancy as a “pre-existing condition,” and more.
6. Work to understand poverty in the United States, and support laws and policies that will help to fight poverty. About 40 percent of women who seek an abortion cite economic pressures as a motivation. My own policy preferences are found in a list like this one. If you cannot support these strategies, then find ones you can. What is not an option: indifference.
8. Commit to understanding and supporting respectful and connected practices of foster care and adoption.

9. Become a foster parent, working (as all foster parents must) for the reunification of children with their families whenever possible.

10. Support foster youth in other ways, like mentoring a teen, providing respite care for foster families or collecting items for welcome boxes for children arriving in new foster homes.
The 12 things pro-lifers must do if Roe v. Wade is overturned | America Magazine

IOW, need to put our money and our vote where our mouth is.

Mark Dohle

The whole abortion is a very painful situation in our country. Christians do need to step up more to change the situation
and the need for abortion. It is a great evil. I pray for the women who get abortions, often the sin can be placed on those
who persuade them to get an abortion, also on the men who do not step up and take care of their offspring in the womb.