• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
images (6).jpeg

I noted a thread called Questions, that really was just about showing a select group an answer. It also did not allow others to supply an alternate thought driven answer.

So this is a thread to answer 'Questions' you have about God and Faith. You may get a great variety of answers.

Personally I have no wisdom of my own when it comes to Faiths and God, what view I do have, comes from the Baha'i Writings. So if you ask a question, that is the source I will respond with.

I can say I see the Message of Baha'u'llah answers the most difficult questions one can ask, I have also found one may not like the answers, as they challenge one's own self.

So do you have a Question you would. Like an answer given to, so you can consider if it helps?

A question could be, "why so much predudice?" one answer I could offer is;

"And the breeding-ground of all these tragedies is prejudice: prejudice of race and nation, of religion, of political opinion; and the root cause of prejudice is blind imitation of the past -- imitation in religion, in racial attitudes, in national bias, in politics. So long as this aping of the past persisteth, just so long will the foundations of the social order be blown to the four winds, just so long will humanity be continually exposed to direst peril."

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 247

Anyone need an answer?

ALL questions and answers welcome and you get to decide.

Regards Tony

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I can say I see the Message of Baha'u'llah answers the most difficult questions one can ask, I have also found one may not like the answers, as they challenge one's own self.
I noted a thread called Questions, that really was just about showing a select group an answer. It also did not allow others to supply an alternate thought driven answer.
Interesting. Are not Baha'is the ones that say that previous interpretations of various texts are wrong?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another question could be, "if there is only One God, why are there so many Faiths?"

The answer to that question clears up many issues and problems of the past, that have previously divided Faiths and now can be seen in a different way, that without predudices, unites Faiths.

Someone could ask that question. ;)

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Interesting. Are not Baha'is the ones that say that previous interpretations of various texts are wrong?

I see the purpose of Faith, is not to dwell on what we have done worng, I see we must consider what we once believed against the new evidence submitted. I see Faith as progressive.

We can observe, if, as many beleive there is only one God, how have we made world embracing Faiths exclusive, how else should have we considered those passages?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have a long day at work today, just off for a 600km round trip to remote camp.

Have a great day and catch up to posts later.

Regards Tony

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I see the purpose of Faith, is not to dwell on what we have done worng
But you don't deny that previous interpretations are wrong, right?
Which is why I find it interesting that you presented the Baha'i view, which really denies other views, in your OP on a thread that's about being open to other views.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But you don't deny that previous interpretations are wrong, right?
Which is why I find it interesting that you presented the Baha'i view, which really denies other views, in your OP on a thread that's about being open to other views.

I feel that you have all the answers you need, as you have no questions.

You also are in the best place to find many answers.

I wish you well, safe and happy. ;)

Regards Tony

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I feel that you have all the answers you need, as you have no questions.

You also are in the best place to find many answers.

I wish you well, safe and happy. ;)

Regards Tony
I meant no disrespect. I was just pointing out something I found interesting.

I do in fact have questions, as I don't claim to know everything - far from it.

A pleasant day to you. :)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I meant no disrespect. I was just pointing out something I found interesting.

I do in fact have questions, as I don't claim to know everything - far from it.

A pleasant day to you. :)

All the best to you and family and community as well.

For all your questions, may you find the answers.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When I read the Question thread, I see the Answer that could be considered, it's that we are One people under One God and that may help the dialogue.

:D

I might ask myself a few questions and find the answer, as many seem shy to ask a question and determine if an answer is already available.

Tony 2nd person, What do you think Tony?

Tony 1st person, Well I think God has the Answers and it is our own self that chooses to prefer out thoughts and ways over what God offers.

Tony 2nd person, well that may be a clue to the world's issues.

Tony first person, I say it hits the nail on the head.

Apparently the most agreeable discussions are with one's own self. :D

Regards Tony