• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Answers to Prayer

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
The Divine Art O Living - Prayer and Meditation – Answers to Prayer

Does it matter who prays? God will answer the prayer of every servant if that prayer is urgent. His mercy is vast, illimitable. He answers the prayers of all His servants...

But we ask for things which the divine wisdom does not desire for us, and there is no answer to our prayer. His wisdom does not sanction what we wish. We pray, “O God! Make me wealthy!” If this prayer were universally answered, human affairs would be at a standstill. There would be none left to work in the streets, none to till the soil, none to build, none to run the trains. Therefore, it is evident that it would not be well for us if all prayers were answered. The affairs of the world would be interfered with, energies crippled and progress hindered. But whatever we ask for which is in accord with divine wisdom, God will answer. Assuredly!...

God is merciful. In His mercy He answers the prayers of all His servants when according to His supreme wisdom it is necessary.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá, "The Promulgation of Universal Peace", 87.9

Only if it is necessary or urgent the prayer is answered in the affirmative, it seems. Also this applies to everyone.