• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Answering the big questions

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you are all well!

Yes it is a presumptuous title for a thread - after all this forum as all about answering the biggies. :)

You may not agree with all of this dude's opinions but they offer much food-4-thought ...

The photos are worth a look even if you don't really want to read the text!

open-to-discovery.jpg

For the full collection -

Picture Quotes by Wallace Huey ~ Answering the Big Questions

Enjoy your day!

BeesAir7

Quite true, people don't even know to appreciate what they have in the current moment, mostly held in western values.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More articles by Peter Shepherd and the gang -

Articles about Happiness & Wellbeing

One caught my eye -

Transformation occurs when existing solutions, assumed truths and past decisions are exposed as unrealistic or unnecessarily self-limiting. This new insight allows you to view your life from a more appropriate and empowering perspective.

One of the foundations of transformational psychology is Abraham Maslow's theory of human needs. He believed that people are not merely controlled by their circumstances nor by their unconscious instinctual impulses. Maslow preferred to focus on our potential for creativity, believing that humans strive to express their capabilities fully, that they need this expression, and that fulfilling this creative need is the basis for happiness.

Whatever our astrological sign, our cultural conditioning, our numerological disposition, our parents' genes, our situation and circumstances, our education or lack of it — we may consider these as limitations, or we may be more open-minded. The truth is that these factors really don't matter if we have a vision that inspires us enough and provides the energy we need to overcome any obstacles, so we can manifest our creation in the world we share.

It's called "Fulfilling Your Potential" --->

Fulfilling Your Potential - by Peter Shepherd

Enjoy your day!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Poking around that site a little more ... it has loads of free-content and an online book called "Transforming the Mind" -

The aim of writing 'Transforming the Mind' was to seek key principles that can be applied by individuals to improve their lives. The approach taken was:

• to gather the most significant principles about the mind,
  • to organize them into one system,
  • to present them in a way that is easy to understand and
  • to suggest ways this understanding can be applied by individuals to transform their minds.
I don't claim to be the originator of any of these key principles; nevertheless my attempt to find the truth commonly held by many different theorists has proven to be of value to many people.

I wrote this book many years ago for my own interest and satisfaction, with no intention to publish it. When publishing on the Internet became easily accessible in '97, I put it online: it was immediately popular and since then over a million copies have been downloaded.

Insights drawn from 'Transforming the Mind' inform the personal development courses that I make available on this site and that further develop many of the principles and exercises. The book serves to present their philosophical and psychological basis.

Personal Development Book - Transforming the Mind

Enjoy!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hope you are all well!

Yes it is a presumptuous title for a thread - after all this forum as all about answering the biggies. :)

You may not agree with all of this dude's opinions but they offer much food-4-thought ...

The photos are worth a look even if you don't really want to read the text!

open-to-discovery.jpg

For the full collection -

Picture Quotes by Wallace Huey ~ Answering the Big Questions

Enjoy your day!
Not that it's bad or wrong to say stuff like that, but I find the best way for answering the big questions is not romanticizing too much tempting as it is to do so.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More teachings here -

Stan Grof has spent the last fifty years conducting groundbreaking research on the healing and transformative potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness. He has had significant influence on the integration of science and transpersonal psychology, and has brought many psychedelic substances to the realm of scientific research.

Stan Grof - Stillness Speaks

Also check-out their menus ...

Enjoy!