• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Answer to Your Questions

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Baha'u'llah does not offer that Good is separated from God, as God = Good/Heaven and Evil = Self/Material attachment.
I think Bahaollah was not correct in attaching his Allah to Good. Did he mean that atheists are always bad, that atheists can never be good? And if material attachment is evil, why don't you give all your material possession in charity and be free from this attachment?

MJ Bailey

Why do people who claim to believe in Christ always want to see the "end" of the World? Didn't he die to save humanity by allowing a chance to explain yourself? Why do people in which claim to have a Religion always want to fight with others that have a Religion different from their own? What is it to a person if someone doesn't believe the same as they do (IMO, the individual is quite insecure with what they believe in). Why do people try to fulfill prophecies when they claim that the prophecy will be fulfilled (is this because they believe they are the ones in which needs to fulfill it; and without them it will not be fulfilled?) My absolute question would be; why are people so cruel to each other and why are they so narcissistic?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think Bahaollah was not correct in attaching his Allah to Good. Did he mean that atheists are always bad, that atheists can never be good? And if material attachment is evil, why don't you give all your material possession in charity and be free from this attachment?

That is a good question Aupmanyav, it has a myriad of possible answers.

It in now way means that Atheists are bad, in fact Baha'u'llah offered there may be many Atheists that are closer to god than many believers.

There is many good talks on this subject, but it is all about degrees of existence. If we compare a rock, a tree and animal and man we will note the levels of comprehension.

From my understanding pure light is all the virtues and it is to that light we are attracted. Like a moth to a flame. We each and all have veils between us and that light, that need to be removed to reach a level of full comprehension. Saying the light does not exist is one veil, but it is not a veil that will stop the light shining from us if we so choose, it will just make it dimmer. Taking away the veil, just allows the light of that virtue, to shine all the brighter.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good to see you ask some questions, they were not addressed to any specific person, thus I will supply some answers from what I have come to know about this world. ;)

Why do people who claim to believe in Christ always want to see the "end" of the World?

Firstly I am a Baha'i, which to me is also a Christian! :D

I see they want a better world, a world that has been pro missed where we live together as one people with the Love of One God. The end of ages is when that promise was fulfilled, we are now building that better world, much blood, sweat and tears has gone into it, by many people in many nations from all walks of life and faith and no faith.

Why do people in which claim to have a Religion always want to fight with others that have a Religion different from their own?

I can not answer that question, I do not want to fight, but to talk through our differences.

What is it to a person if someone doesn't believe the same as they do (IMO, the individual is quite insecure with what they believe in). Why do people try to fulfill prophecies when they claim that the prophecy will be fulfilled (is this because they believe they are the ones in which needs to fulfill it; and without them it will not be fulfilled?)

All are free to believe if they do, I see if one longs for a better world, it would be very beneficial if one knew how that would happen, but many people have decided to wait for an expectation, rather than build a better world on what they already know.

My absolute question would be; why are people so cruel to each other and why are they so narcissistic?

That is the age old question. Basically it is founded on prejudices of Race, Gender and Religion, to name but a few.

The solution is Love, the Golden Rule. Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You may think English is the default, but Mandarin and Spanish are ahead of it (Hindi is close behind):

1 Mandarin Chinese 918 m 11.922 %
2 Spanish 480 m 5.994 %
3 English 379 m 4.922 %
4 Hindi 341 m 4.429 %
(and if you take the variations of Hindi, it may already be ahead of English).

I only said it may be the default, it is used in business;

Global Business Speaks English

There is nearly 1.75 Billion speaking English, if we count the first and 2nd languages spoken by people. In many cases it is the third language, like when I was in the Solomon Islands.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Thus I see if we can truly Love, we would find the source of that Love as a result and I see that is a release from this world.
How can you truly love and be loved if you say that the teachings of all other religions are inadequate and that in opposition to what the believers of all religions of the world say, your Iranian Preacher is the one all these religions are been waiting for (as an atheist, I do not believe in existence of any God and am not waiting for a prophet / son / messenger / manifestation / mahdi from him)? You will always be in an opposition with them.
There is no way we can call that Good, or say that is from God.
You quoted Quran to say that not just good but evil also is from Allah. Why the dirt, squalor, poverty and disease in 3rd world countries is not from Allah? If Allah wills it, what can you/us puny humans do (as in case of Corano virus)?
So the push has not been Baha'i, it is a principal given by Baha'u'llah, that I see the world needs to and will adopt.
Well that is your view and prediction (you being a prophet). I certainly differ with that.
It in now way means that Atheists are bad, in fact Baha'u'llah offered there may be many Atheists that are closer to god than many believers.
As far as I know, Bahaollah cursed the non-believers in Allah and his mission and implored his Allah to punish them harshly.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How can you truly love and be loved if you say that the teachings of all other religions are inadequate and that in opposition to what the believers of all religions of the world say, your Iranian Preacher is the one all these religions are been waiting for (as an atheist, I do not believe in existence of any God and am not waiting for a prophet / son / messenger / manifestation / mahdi from him)? You will always be in an opposition with them.

That is a useful observation, formed into a bit like a question. ;):D

I see I am in opposition with no person, I am happy to put my hands up and surrender, or walk away. :) It is not a competition, it is only advice, we can choose to see is good,or not see it that way.

Baha'u'llah has said all Faith contained the same potential, it is how we use that faith, as to how the potential unfolds from it.

In the end, we will have to look at our own self, if we find that we are not moving towards a better world with a more unified mind. We are more than this material world;

'BG 3.27: All activities are carried out by the three modes of material nature. But in ignorance, the soul, deluded by false identification with the body, thinks itself to be the doer."

Regards Tony

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
My absolute question would be; why are people so cruel to each other and why are they so narcissistic?
I have been thinking about this too.

As for narcissistic behavior, it seems to me, that they have lost their ability for compassion and empathy, and they don't feel love anymore.

Many times, because their father (or sometimes mother) lost it, so at young age they were taught (by example), that this narcissistic behavior is the way to survive. Once learned at young age, it's very hard to reverse, I have seen. I don't wait for that to happen (tried though, too long).

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

I once was once an avowed atheist but discovered later that there God exists. But I was good as a person when I was an atheist as I’m sure you too are.

There’s nothing wrong with having possessions and enjoying life as long as we don’t forego our morality and spiritual values and principles.

We are told to exercise moderation in all things not to practise asceticism or self denial.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
BTW, by 2050 when India becomes the largest country in the world by population (perhaps it is already that) and the Indian economy becomes the second largest in the world (after China and surpassing that of USA - as the economists predict), more people are going to learn Indian languages and Hindi like they are learning Chinese now.
world-in-2050-image1.png

City Group: Rank Country 2010 Country 2015 Country 2020 Country 2030 Country 2040 Country 2050
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 14,612
United States 18,247
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China 23,178
China 57,138
China 115,671
China 205,321
China 5,860
China 13,118
United States 23,007
United States 35,739
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India 75,996
India 180,490
23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan 5,465
Japan 5,876
Japan 6,786
India 24,824
United States 54,822
United States 83,805

Last edited:

dfnj

Rose coloured glasses are good, and I can wear those as well to give a rely such as you have, as Yes the world is perfect, but we are not prone to perfection, it takes effort and we have not treated the world as it should be.

I must ask, have you traveled to a 3rd world city and see the garbage that now pollutes the rivers and seas?

View attachment 37956

There is no way we can call that Good, or say that is from God.

We have to stand up for what we have done to this world. Regards Tony

The color of your glasses are brown.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, it appears not many questions need to be asked. Everyone has a clear vision of life and the world. So I will ask some questions of others that post here.

How will peace and unity come to this world?

Do you have a vision, do you have a viable way that this can happen? If so, how can you show the world this is what is needed?

Peace to all, Regards Tony.

MJ Bailey

I have been thinking about this too.

As for narcissistic behavior, it seems to me, that they have lost their ability for compassion and empathy, and they don't feel love anymore.

Many times, because their father (or sometimes mother) lost it, so at young age they were taught (by example), that this narcissistic behavior is the way to survive. Once learned at young age, it's very hard to reverse, I have seen. I don't wait for that to happen (tried though, too long).
Sorrowful in the realization. I fight every day to believe that there are Truly Decent Individuals. I just wonder if this is nothing more than a fallacy.

MJ Bailey

That is a good question Aupmanyav, it has a myriad of possible answers.

There is many good talks on this subject, but it is all about degrees of existence. If we compare a rock, a tree and animal and man we will note the levels of comprehension.

From my understanding pure light is all the virtues and it is to that light we are attracted. Like a moth to a flame. We each and all have veils between us and that light, that need to be removed to reach a level of full comprehension. Saying the light does not exist is one veil, but it is not a veil that will stop the light shining from us if we so choose, it will just make it dimmer. Taking away the veil, just allows the light of that virtue, to shine all the brighter.

Regards Tony
In true honesty, I have associated with Atheistic people who were way more compassionate than others who claim a Religion (Muslim, Christian, Catholicism, and others) in which at times I find perplexing.

MJ Bailey

Baha'i is the closest to what I believe. IMO every Religion, and every belief system has valid points as well as invalidities. Discerning the difference can and is a difficulty.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I fight every day to believe that there are Truly Decent Individuals. I just wonder if this is nothing more than a fallacy.
I keep believing this too, so whenever I meet someone, I give them the advantage of the doubt. Before, when someone I met was not Decent, I thought they might change, and kept on waiting and forgiving their hurting me.

Now I accept, that some people are not Decent, and I don't wait for them to change, I move on (that way I don't give them more than 1 chance to hurt me;)) and have more time free for people who are Decent and who respect me and value me:).

Better 1 Decent person in my life, then 100 non-Decent persons; that way I keep my energy up:).

MJ Bailey

I keep believing this too, so whenever I meet someone, I give them the advantage of the doubt. Before, when someone I met was not Decent, I thought they might change, and kept on waiting and forgiving their hurting me.

Now I accept, that some people are not Decent, and I don't wait for them to change, I move on (that way I don't give them more than 1 chance to hurt me;)) and have more time free for people who are Decent and who respect me and value me:).

Better 1 Decent person in my life, then 100 non-Decent persons; that way I keep my energy up:).
I really liked your response :) That is how I try to live my life, but am always giving non-Decent people a second chance foolishly believing it may have been a mistake or maybe they weren't in their right mind. More recent experiences have however taught me this is usually not the case.

MJ Bailey

So, it appears not many questions need to be asked. Everyone has a clear vision of life and the world. So I will ask some questions of others that post here.

How will peace and unity come to this world?

Do you have a vision, do you have a viable way that this can happen? If so, how can you show the world this is what is needed?

Peace to all, Regards Tony.
What the world is now encountering with COVID-19, I believe that there are one of two ultimate scenarios; either people will turn against each other out of fear, or they will genuinely help each other. So far in the States (my native country) it seems that people have thus far have shown neither. However in other countries there have been crimes committed (not saying it hasn't been done in my Nation). I believe it may have been Japan in which a truck driver was robbed at gun point for his load of toilet paper:confused:. As far as I have heard, toilet paper is not going to save you from the Corona Virus;)

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Thank you for that question.

In the Baha'i Writings, Baha'u'llah has offered that we need to adopt a Universal Auxiliary Language that will be taught in the schools around the world in all locations, in addition to our Mother tongue. It is to be chosen for an existing language or a new one developed. Esperanto was on such attempt and had the world adopted this principal in the late 1800's or early 1900's, then we would not have the issues of language misunderstanding that we have now.

It has also been offered that, more than likely, that no one man can develop this language, that it will have to be a joint effort, to cover all interests.

English is a default at this time, but it is too hard to master and does not suit the requirement of an international language.

Regards Tony
There is always a human applied meaning about One...to try to implement a condition that they espouse equates to the meaning One.

One means diversity.

Always did.

Diversity is not accepted spiritually based on one principle teaching.

We came out of a spirit that was natural was eternal, had always existed, and we existed in that spirit....one place, one spirit.

We lost a portion of our eternal spirit into destruction and creation....diversity was introduced.

Science proves in its own search as the reason for destruction that it personally as a male group advised personal history, claim of self, One, owner of one life on one body Earth, a stone...to have wanted stone, the physical form of it removed.

The actual one and only correct teaching about what is wrong with life on a stone planet.

Science, the want spiritually by a spiritual group to have self removed...identified and reasoned without argument about removal of God by fission ^ mountain pyramid theme.

As a non arguable history.

Therefore when males prove that they are researching in science for the One, they know that they want to return to what they once owned.

One....to once.

C he says changed what one condition I once owned.

Now everyone who lives on a stone Planet knows that stone never in any form stone owned any statement in science as a beginning.

And he would be a proven liar to make that claim.

Yet males in science said only revere the one body of inheritance given you and no other ONE reference is acceptable, other than to explain that you changed the ONE inheritance, our life, by what males teaching to self said.

For we all know and say spiritually when we die we return to owning the form of what we left.

Origin. Original One which was never in creation....which was eternal spirit.

Why we say we had 3 spirit forms.

A body of bones like God the stone O the planet...claiming so we began trapped on Earth due to gaining/inheriting bones.
A body of the flesh of spirit the bio organic life...and when we die we regain the spirit self that evicted us out of the eternal....our own selves.

How that story about acceptance that we all came from the same place...all inherited exactly the same condition but are diverse should be taught.

So then no human is then preached to about not being true or whole by not speaking or acting the same as someone else.