• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Answer to Your Questions

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is an opportunity to ask questions that concern you and find if an answer has been given.

Untitled.jpg

The questions can be anything, but if you see an urgent need we face in this age, please feel free to ask about that need.

I will attempt to source and provide these answers for you from the Baha'i Writings. I see there is no subject that does not have an answer.

Others may offer an alternate answer and in that process, each person seeking an answer, can then decide if there is any merit in the answers given.

As this is not a debate thread, the intent is to have a discussion about how we can change this world and in the process, offer answers that each of us may have not yet considered.

Are you willing to take on this challenge, have the answers to the troubles of our age been given?

Regards Tony

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Others may offer an alternate answer and in that process, each person seeking an answer, can then decide if there is any merit in the answers given.

This probably needs to move into debate.

In interfaith, I do find it beneficial to swap questions and answers. Make it even in who we learn from, why, and how. It keeps everything on one playing field where no religion has one over the other.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
This is an opportunity to ask questions that concern you and find if an answer has been given.

View attachment 37841

The questions can be anything, but if you see an urgent need we face in this age, please feel free to ask about that need.

I will attempt to source and provide these answers for you from the Baha'i Writings. I see there is no subject that does not have an answer.

As this is not a debate thread, the intent is to have a discussion about how we can change this world and in the process, offer answers that each of us may have not yet considered.

Are you willing to take on this challenge, have the answers to the troubles of our age been given?

Regards Tony

How do we as a global society, that speaks roughly 7000 languages, and therefore have the same amount of Cultures, come together in peaceable way that maximizes not only Community harmony, but Individuality and Happiness as well? While simultaneously maintaining and fostering Diversity and Multiculturalism?

exchemist

Veteran Member

View attachment 37841

Regards Tony
No, I am not willing to take on this challenge, because I do not understand what the challenge is supposed to be.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This probably needs to move into debate.

In interfaith, I do find it beneficial to swap questions and answers. Make it even in who we learn from, why, and how. It keeps everything on one playing field where no religion has one over the other.

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping to see discussion with a clash of differing opinions, which does not have to be a dabate. If we are after Truth, we can choose between what is offered, or combine ideas.

Debate I have found only brings forth the idea that is an opinion can not be improved on.

I see this is one gift given in the holy writings, that discussion on God's Word is not to cause division, it is meant to spark an understanding of Truth.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How do we as a global society, that speaks roughly 7000 languages, and therefore have the same amount of Cultures, come together in peaceable way that maximizes not only Community harmony, but Individuality and Happiness as well? While simultaneously maintaining and fostering Diversity and Multiculturalism?

Thank you for that question.

In the Baha'i Writings, Baha'u'llah has offered that we need to adopt a Universal Auxiliary Language that will be taught in the schools around the world in all locations, in addition to our Mother tongue. It is to be chosen for an existing language or a new one developed. Esperanto was on such attempt and had the world adopted this principal in the late 1800's or early 1900's, then we would not have the issues of language misunderstanding that we have now.

It has also been offered that, more than likely, that no one man can develop this language, that it will have to be a joint effort, to cover all interests.

English is a default at this time, but it is too hard to master and does not suit the requirement of an international language.

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping to see discussion with a clash of differing opinions, which does not have to be a dabate. If we are after Truth, we can choose between what is offered, or combine ideas.

I think this is a good place to start with the challenge. How I see it, as coming from @loverofhumanity, was more having peace among humanity without the direct need of Bahai cultural integration.

If a Satanist, Atheist, Christian, and Buddhist all have harmony with each other (an analogy for humanity), wouldn't that be all we need without a "Greater Foundation"?

Does bahaullah offer advice that is not based on god?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, I am not willing to take on this challenge, because I do not understand what the challenge is supposed to be.

The challenge is, that this is the age, when God has answered all questions, by releasing all Truth. If this has happened, the challenge is given to each of us, to see if that is indeed a fact, or fiction.

Give it a go, ask a question and I will attempt to find an answer for you that is reflected in past scriptures and offered anew in this age.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think this is a good place to start with the challenge. How I see it, as coming from @loverofhumanity, was more having peace among humanity without the direct need of Bahai cultural integration.

If a Satanist, Atheist, Christian, and Buddhist all have harmony with each other (an analogy for humanity), wouldn't that be all we need without a "Greater Foundation"?

Does bahaullah offer advice that is not based on god?

I see the Quran answered that question in the 600's in verse 4:79 "Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah; but whatever evil happens to thee, is from thy (own) soul. and We have sent thee as a messenger to (instruct) mankind. And enough is Allah for a witness."

Thus when we work together for the good of all, it is a Gift from God. When we choose less than this, it is from our own selves. I see a person does not need to identify with God to achieve this, but having the identity, adds to the power of the actions.

Baha'u'llah does not offer that Good is separated from God, as God = Good/Heaven and Evil = Self/Material attachment.

Regards Tony

exchemist

Veteran Member
The challenge is, that this is the age, when God has answered all questions, by releasing all Truth. If this has happened, the challenge is given to each of us, to see if that is indeed a fact, or fiction.

Give it a go, ask a question and I will attempt to find an answer for you that is reflected in past scriptures and offered anew in this age.

Regards Tony
Thanks for clarifying, but I will decline. If you think the answer to all questions lies in scripture, then I'm afraid I would be likely either not to believe your answer, or to else find it unsatisfying.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks for clarifying, but I will decline. If you think the answer to all questions lies in scripture, then I'm afraid I would be likely either not to believe your answer, or to else find it unsatisfying.

That is ok, that what this is all about.

What I find amazing is, that even if people think the answer to the worlds issues will only find a solution in the mind of man, that is also how I see it will happen.

I have come to see that the mind of man is connected to the source of all good we can find.

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I see the Quran answered that question in the 600's in verse 4:79 "Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah; but whatever evil happens to thee, is from thy (own) soul. and We have sent thee as a messenger to (instruct) mankind. And enough is Allah for a witness."

Thus when we work together for the good of all, it is a Gift from God. When we choose less than this, it is from our own selves. I see a person does not need to identify with God to achieve this, but having the identity, adds to the power of the actions.

Baha'u'llah does not offer that Good is separated from God, as God = Good/Heaven and Evil = Self/Material attachment.

Regards Tony

I'm going back and forth with this. The interfaith is throwing it off. Did you want us to ask you questions about, I guess, deep questions from a bahai point of view?

Are the answers from a universal perspective or from a bahai perspective?

It sets the tone of whether this is an educational thread or maybe for someone who wishes to become bahai?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm going back and forth with this. The interfaith is throwing it off. Did you want us to ask you questions about, I guess, deep questions from a bahai point of view?

Are the answers from a universal perspective or from a bahai perspective?

It sets the tone of whether this is an educational thread or maybe for someone who wishes to become bahai?

Thank you, I will explain further. The thread is open to all, it is Interfaith or no Faith discussion. All can ask a question they have an issue with, or just want an answer for them to consider.

I have offered that my answers will come from the wisdom quoted in Scriptures and/or the Baha'i Writings. Others can and will offer a solution to consider from their POV, or path in life.

It is then for us to decide how universal the answers are, no matter the source offered. In that way, if we wish to see the OP as educational, then we can.

Regards Tony

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

View attachment 37841

Regards Tony
Something I've wondered about: why do you and many other online Baha'is proselytize probably harder than any other group I've seen, considering that the Baha'i faith is supposedly a non-proselytizing religion?

How do you reconcile what you're doing - this thread included - with the tenets of your faith?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Thank you for that question.

In the Baha'i Writings, Baha'u'llah has offered that we need to adopt a Universal Auxiliary Language that will be taught in the schools around the world in all locations, in addition to our Mother tongue. It is to be chosen for an existing language or a new one developed. Esperanto was on such attempt and had the world adopted this principal in the late 1800's or early 1900's, then we would not have the issues of language misunderstanding that we have now.

It has also been offered that, more than likely, that no one man can develop this language, that it will have to be a joint effort, to cover all interests.

English is a default at this time, but it is too hard to master and does not suit the requirement of an international language.

Regards Tony

I agree that there will need to be some over-arching universal language would need to develop. More than likely it will have to happen the organic route, through contact and assimilation. But how do we address the downfalls of this, as with every language lost or assimilated we are losing a unique way of looking at the world (sapir-whorf hypothesis), and possibly the loss of much unforeseen culture, history, and place-based plant identification, that lies below the surface of each language as a whole? English is difficult to master, but it has already spread prolifically, and is used international business, trade, and the internet; English also has a unique abillity in its word creation and combination abilities due to its basis in 3 different languages (Germanic, latin, french).

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Something I've wondered about: why do you and many other online Baha'is proselytize probably harder than any other group I've seen, considering that the Baha'i faith is supposedly a non-proselytizing religion?

How do you reconcile what you're doing - this thread included - with the tenets of your faith?

Many see proselytizing in a different light that what God has offered it is. When all God's Messengers are sent, the way to spread is through conversations and actions. So All Faiths given from God have the component of a sharing of the given Truth. This is a manditory component of Faith, with the given guidelines that are not to be crossed.

The given line is if a person says they do not want to know, or are not interested or no longer wish to hear a out it, then that is when that request is honoured. They are not to be forced and the conversation finishes.

So in this age in this environmemt, all are invited, it is an open forum. If a person choses to participate, then it is their choice, they ask questions, they should expect and answer, they post an opinion they should expect that others can offer a different view.

So sharing and discussing ones Faith is not proselytizing, no line has been crossed.

Offering that is all IMHO gives clarity to RF rule 8

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree that there will need to be some over-arching universal language would need to develop. More than likely it will have to happen the organic route, through contact and assimilation. But how do we address the downfalls of this, as with every language lost or assimilated we are losing a unique way of looking at the world (sapir-whorf hypothesis), and possibly the loss of much unforeseen culture, history, and place-based plant identification, that lies below the surface of each language as a whole? English is difficult to master, but it has already spread prolifically, and is used international business, trade, and the internet; English also has a unique abillity in its word creation and combination abilities due to its basis in 3 different languages (Germanic, latin, french).

Great question. I see that what is offered is an ever advancing civilisation. Have a look at the culture changes just in the last 150 years. Australia is a great example how cultures develop and change as we embrace a wider variety of cultures and it also shows the dangers if we are not open to even a little change.

The Key is that the universal language concept firstly needs to be embraced by a majority and it will only be a generation before it becomes part of our culture, to which nature and nurture moulds our way of life.

I see each culture has a vibrant aspect to share with all humanity, in that way none of us are exempt from change and in that way we can appreciate that each of us will have issues to overcome.

Regards Tony