• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Answer to Questions about Atheism asked Frequently on CafeMom

Many years ago now, there used to be an internet discussion forum attached to the website Parenting, Baby Names, Celebrities, and Royal News | CafeMom.com

One of the sub-forums there was dedicated to discussing Atheism and, though the forum itself now no longer exists, I still have a copy of the FAQ document I wrote for it. The answers in the document reflect the questions most commonly asked by visitors there, which may well not be the same as those which get raised on Atheism DIR however a lot of them (especially the more detailed ones from the later parts of the FAQ) will hopefully be of general interest.

Though the mods have kindly given permission for me to re-post the whole thing here, 'as is', please bear in mind that it is in no way official, and is just one person's opinion. I post it here, not at an attack on any person or religion, or with any aim to convert, but to share a resource that other atheists may find helpful, and as a starting point to initiate discussion.

To which end, though I'll be posting each part of the FAQ in this thread over the next few weeks, so there's a single point of access for anyone brave enough to attempt reading it from end to end, I'll also be creating a discussion thread for each part, which I'll link to and which I'd fully encourage people to use for detailed discussion, whether they agree or disagree with points raised (or with how they are raised).