• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Answer to a question directed to Amanaki from Evangelicalhumanist

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The way I see it and understand it is through the karmic system, the way I understand this is that it is a place we our karmic debt to the, thereby we suffer.

But I very aware that other people see it or understand it differently then I do.

Animals and plants going through the same suffering as we do as human beings, beings above our level of existence do have to suffer this way, my understanding
Yes, I understand that is what you believe. I confess, however, that I don't understand why you believe it, because there is nothing in all the world that you can observe -- except what was told to you by some other humans, from some book or text or word of mouth -- that gives you any reason to believe it.

First, and worst, the idea of karma absolutely implies the notion of something or someone judging and sentencing. Who? What?

Second, just watching the world will tell you that any notion of "what goes around comes around" is purest nonsense. Watch the video of the good samaritan stopping to help somebody in trouble on the highway, who is taken out by some other speeder who just wasn't paying attention! It happens! Look at the caregivers today who, trying to help other suffering humans, catch what they have, sicken and die.

No! In my view, Karma comes from the same line of thinking as heaven and hell. Here, on earth, we all see people suffering what they don't deserve to suffer, and we see people gaining what they don't deserve to gain -- one Donald Trump comes rapidly to mind. And this is intolerable -- IT'S NOT FAIR, we think to ourselves.

And because it's not fair, we invent for ourselves something to even it out. Tragically, it's not something we'll ever actually see happen, because it's all "after you die" nonesense, but it feels much better for us to pretend anyway. It makes the unfairness seem, somehow, a little less unfair.

Just another example, to me, of a human invention that answers a little too neatly a very human problem.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes, I understand that is what you believe. I confess, however, that I don't understand why you believe it, because there is nothing in all the world that you can observe -- except what was told to you by some other humans, from some book or text or word of mouth -- that gives you any reason to believe it.

First, and worst, the idea of karma absolutely implies the notion of something or someone judging and sentencing. Who? What?

Second, just watching the world will tell you that any notion of "what goes around comes around" is purest nonsense. Watch the video of the good samaritan stopping to help somebody in trouble on the highway, who is taken out by some other speeder who just wasn't paying attention! It happens! Look at the caregivers today who, trying to help other suffering humans, catch what they have, sicken and die.

No! In my view, Karma comes from the same line of thinking as heaven and hell. Here, on earth, we all see people suffering what they don't deserve to suffer, and we see people gaining what they don't deserve to gain -- one Donald Trump comes rapidly to mind. And this is intolerable -- IT'S NOT FAIR, we think to ourselves.

And because it's not fair, we invent for ourselves something to even it out. Tragically, it's not something we'll ever actually see happen, because it's all "after you die" nonesense, but it feels much better for us to pretend anyway. It makes the unfairness seem, somehow, a little less unfair.

Just another example, to me, of a human invention that answers a little too neatly a very human problem.
The answers I get from practice a spiritual path is personal answers according to what I study there and then, and how I am my self behaving toward my self and others.
The answers I will able to give may not mean anything to others :) spiritual awakening is a personal journey through life. So no matter how much I would like others to understand my personal experiences, it's not how it works.
Each person would have to go their personal path, and gain they understand.