• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anrichrist Prophecy

Whyyyyy

I ve heard there's a prophecy that indicates that before the ends of this world there will come a false prophet tricking non believers and lead them into Doom.

Do you know where this comes from, is in any revealed writings like quram or the bible that says so?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
This is based originally on ideas from early Reformation preachers. They wanted to frame the Catholic Church as an evil entity, so they chose to reinterpret the book Revelation in the Bible. The concept is based upon looking at Revelation a certain way. Its a fairly short book only about 20 or 30 pages long.

In Revelation there is a symbol called 'The Beast', one called 'The Dragon', etc. Some of the reformed churches (not all) combine this with a coined term 'Antichrist' from the first letter of John. Today there are popular fictional books that describe a super-evil entity called both The Beast and Antichrist -- as in the antichrist is called The Beast. Usually he is someone pretending to be Jesus returning from heaven who deceives everyone etc. They are best sellers.

Last edited:

rusra02

Premium Member
I ve heard there's a prophecy that indicates that before the ends of this world there will come a false prophet tricking non believers and lead them into Doom.

Do you know where this comes from, is in any revealed writings like quram or the bible that says so?
2 Thessalonians 2:3-5 says "Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. He stands in opposition and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits down in the temple of God, publicly showing himself to be a god. Do you not remember that when I was still with you, I used to tell you these things?"
The context shows that some in the Thessalonian congregation were expecting Jehovah's day to be imminent. God's word to the Thessalonians revealed a great apostasy from true Christianity would occur before Jehovah's day of judgment comes. Jesus referred to this also at Matthew 13:36-43. I believe that rather than a single person, this " man of lawlessness " is the organized apostasy that took root and flourished after the death of the apostles.

omega2xx

Matthew 24:21-25

Agent

[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
[5] Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 2 thess 2