• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another What-If

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
One thing I can say about Obama, trying to be bipartisan in this particular statement... He would probably make an excellent salesman.
I tend to agree with a lot of people to be bipartisan myself, it's with what others have mentioned (I think one being @Sunstone?) that he's not the cause, but rather one of the symptoms of a far greater and more tragic issue involving modern politics.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that type of 'artform' has been well permeated throughout the entire political scene.

All politicians lie, or shall we say, stretch the truth. Trump's lies are so flagrant and so routine that I can only surmise they're pathological.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
From my perspective, not saying you're wrong:

A lot of people who criticize Biden, support a candidate, we know who he is, who does worse in those areas. If we want a fair comparison, we should all criticize Biden on one of his opponent's strong points, like the economy.

Ok, what about the economy?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Are not those that want the President defeated in the next elections taking random events and portraying them under a microscope not also propaganda.

Since he is the POTUS, whatever he does or says is always on the news. That's the nature of the beast. But yes, anyone considering him unfit for the chair because he picked his nose is also guilty of propaganda.

Is not all political adds nothing more than propaganda?

Yes, but is that how low you want your standards to be for the things you say?

Or is it that only events that portray your flavor of politics in an unfavorable manner propaganda?

Make no mistake: I have got no horse on this race.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This suggests you are actually inclined to agree with Biden's more cautious approach, contra the OP. Come to the Dark Side, Nowhere. ;):smilingimp:
Yea really ;Op *Grin*

It's just the articles I've read I've come across regarding hyper-partisanship has given me cause to come a little bit more towards the center and see what some bipartisan commentary on this forum might produce for a change. For those willing anyways.

I'm actually debating whether I should be voting at all this year. This time around its damned if you do damned if you don't situation. I think I still might vote, but I'm going to write in Colin Powell for President although I confess to my personal dismay of him not running, that he is actually smart enough to stay out of the mess.

But damm.... All the same.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Trying to deflect are.we?

I was just making that point that even if your threads prove without a doubt, that Biden is a clown, the statements still might not be very effective if it's not shown how he's a worst option, as a proven clown, than the other candidate.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Yea really ;Op *Grin*

It's just the articles I've read I've come across regarding hyper-partisanship has given me cause to come a little bit more towards the center and see what some bipartisan commentary on this forum might produce for a change. For those willing anyways.

I'm actually debating whether I should be voting at all this year. This time around its damned if you do damned if you don't situation. I think I still might vote, but I'm going to write in Colin Powell for President although I confess to my personal dismay of him not running, that he is actually smart enough to stay out of the mess.

But damm.... All the same.

FWIW, I would say Biden is about as centrist as this country has got anymore (and will only lean further right after the convention). He's more hawkish than the typical lefty, he's against Medicare for All, is unlikely to curb oil and gas nearly as sharply as someone like Bernie (and supports nuclear power), wants to keep entering the country illegally a criminal offense, yet he's of course socially liberal.

But I appreciate your attempts to change the tenor of the political discussions on the forum. :purpleheart:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not trying to be glib, but I think that Biden's disagreeing with the raid is just another indication of his lack of focus and/or mental purpose. I can't think of any downside for Biden personally or politically no matter what the outcome of the operation.
I'm going out on a limb to say something very controversial.
I don't know whether killing bin Laden was right or wrong.
I'd have to re-visit the issue & consider it.
But I'm not interested enuf.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I get what you're saying, actually. Even if it's very high pay grade.
Btw, I don't mind his being killed.
(Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.)
But it's all about unintended political, military, & terrorism consequences.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I reject the premise that Obama made a lot of questionable decisions to disagree with, but agree that Biden is probably only half the person Obama was.
Onama was a war criminal. Trump is worse. Bush was worse than both of them.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I'm going out on a limb to say something very controversial.
I don't know whether killing bin Laden was right or wrong.
I'd have to re-visit the issue & consider it.
But I'm not interested enuf.

Understood, but I was referring more to Uncle mental acuity than the to the act itself. Not sure what Biden had to loose in taking him out.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The raid was VERY high risk since quite a few of our soldiers could be killed, so there was plenty of reason to hesitate going for it. To blame Biden for his hesitation is in reality terribly misplaced, thus just more partisan nonsense from some who have ph.d.'s when it comes to double-standards.

esmith

Veteran Member
The raid was VERY high risk since quite a few of our soldiers could be killed, so there was plenty of reason to hesitate going for it. To blame Biden for his hesitation is in reality terribly misplaced, thus just more partisan nonsense from some who have ph.d.'s when it comes to double-standards.
U.S. Navy SEALS and U.S. Army helicopter crews were on the mission. It is a misnomer to call a SEAL a "soldier".

esmith

Veteran Member
That's your best response to @metis' post?

SEALs aren't really soldiers?
That's it?
Tom
No if you want to make a point one should at least take the time to get their facts right. Which metis didn't. Just as those that want to call a clip a magazine or a magazine a clip shows their ignorance of the subject matter.

Now for the rest.
Waiting always has the issue of someone figuring out that we know the location of the subject and the subject changes to a location we don't know.
Leaks always are a possibility
President Clinton had the chance to nail bin Laden and didn't. Then 9/11 happened. Would eliminating bin Laden stopped the 9/11 attack? Who knows, but it did happen.
That good enough for you?