• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Waterloo

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm throwing in the towel. It's just one Waterloo after another.

This world is sick and full of injustice and foolishness. I'm sick as well and done fighting an impossible uphill battle... I prayed for God's help without cease just to get confusion and defeat.

I regret my pro-life statements and envy those who died in the womb.
Why should I have ever made a negative statement about abortion, when it is aborted fetuses that I'm most envious of?

Is anyone else really sick of this world we live in? It seems like a three ring circus **** show.... disaster, sickness, rejection, poverty, stupidity, disappointment, loneliness, and heartache seems to be around every corner.

Everyone I meet including me seems blind and confused. No one seems enligtened.

It just seems like human misery is the lot of so many people.

That's why misery is my mistress. If I can't make her go away, I might as well love her. She visits me every morning and multiple times each day, she is around every corner.

What is there to look forward to but suffering, getting old, falling apart, making mistakes, humiliation, madness, delusions, failure...

Sorry.... just needed to vent... it's a sick world and I seem to have lost another battle... it's one mistake and defeat after another... just feeling defeated is all and needed to lament. Wish there was an off button and really envy the dead.

Anyone else hate the world? Does anyone else feel like life is one impossible battle after the other? I just don't give a ****!

Job 3
After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth....
For it did not shut the doors of my mother's womb, nor hid sorrow from mine eyes.

Why died I not from the womb? why did I not give up my ghost when I came out of the belly?

12 Why did the knees prevent me? or why the breasts that I should suck?

13 For now should I have lain still and been quiet, I should have slept: then had I been at rest,

Spiderman

Veteran Member
c5064c41271519ee664ba5b32a5e2c53--napoleon-complex-french-history.jpg

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
A whole lot of happiness depends on one's expectations. If you expect too much, you'll never be happy.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Sorry to whine and complain so much.. there is relief in venting after incessant defeat. **** it all, I just don't give a **** anymore. I don't belong on this miserable planet. Don't read my posts here if you don't like to see complaining.... just needed to vent is all... it's a thread for venting and stewing in misery...

what would the wise Buddha say?...
buddha017.jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
A whole lot of happiness depends on one's expectations. If you expect too much, you'll never be happy.
Yes, that is part of the problem... I took the silly Bible seriously and actually expected healing, wisdom, prudence, understanding, and Enlightenment.... instead I was left confused and inept as hell...oh well, don't care anymore... just need to b****!

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
In the TV series kung fu master po said to kane "always expect the unexpected grasshopper", that maybe doesn't help with your vent though.

Srivijaya

what would the wise Buddha say?...View attachment 20084

The Buddha's four noble truths reveal
Suffering
It's origin
It's cessation
And the path to its cessation.

None of the above are obvious but they point to the deep truth underpinning the human condition. Suffering in Buddha's doctrine isn't what most people consider the normal definition to be. The good news is, there is a path taught. An actual practice which does not rely on faith or belief but on direct experience.

You are experiencing suffering now but it's not what you think it is. When you see what it actually is, you can release it. There is peace beyond it.

Last edited:

Jumi

I am reminded of this part of the Tao Te Ching, the taoist scripture:

Everyone all has more than they need;
I alone seem to have lost everything.
I have the heart/mind of a foolish person, indeed!!
I am very mixed up and confused!

Common people are very clear and bright;
I alone seem confused.
Common people are very observant and alert;
I alone am very gloomy and depressed.
Tranquil!, they are like the ocean;
I drift on the wind!, as if without a place to rest.
Everyone all has a purpose;
I alone am stupid and stubborn, and appear mean and
shallow.

I alone am different compared to other people,
And value the food of the mother.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry to whine and complain so much.. there is relief in venting after incessant defeat. **** it all, I just don't give a **** anymore. I don't belong on this miserable planet. Don't read my posts here if you don't like to see complaining.... just needed to vent is all... it's a thread for venting and stewing in misery...

Religion (even non-theistic) isn't really my bag. But it does strike me that Buddhism deals more directly to the sorts of things you seem to struggle with than Christianity does. Rather than giving up, why not just switch gears? What's the worst that could happen?

980x.jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?

What would the Buddha say? Chill, brother. It's all good.

Jeremiah Ames

Yes, that is part of the problem... I took the silly Bible seriously and actually expected healing, wisdom, prudence, understanding, and Enlightenment.... instead I was left confused and inept as hell...oh well, don't care anymore... just need to b****!
Someone somewhere must have sold you a lie.
Believing a certain thing and/or going to church will not bring instant happiness, and eliminate all hardships.
Happiness and peace comes from within. God’s power is inside everyone and everything. Even those who don’t believe He exists.

But for your question, I don’t hate the world. I think it’s filled with immense beauty and wonder. People, on the other hand, are difficult. I don’t hate the people, but I hate much of what they do. And now there are lots of people, doing lots of bad things, and we have instant awareness of these things, so it’s easy to get down. From your many posts, it’s apparent that you are intelligent, thoughtful, and seeking. I’m not just trying to make you feel good.
You constantly ask interesting questions to stimulate the minds of others. I need those kinds of questions. So thank you for what you do here. My favorite passion is learning new things.

You mentioned the Bible. It is a book full of knowledge. One thing I have learned recently, is that the quantity of knowledge far exceeds the size of the book. I’m thinking if I understand 1% of its wisdom at this point, then I am lucky.
But I read so much more besides the Bible. The internet gives us the world. If we seek, we will find. So if the Bible troubles you now, let it go, and don’t feel bad. There may be a time you’ll come back to it. What I find most rewarding is when something happens in life or I read something somewhere, and that triggers an understanding of something I read in the Bible earlier. An understanding that was not there from just reading it alone. Then I want to go back and reread more of the Bible. God does not condemn you for abandoning the Bible or for feeling like you hate the world. Don’t condemn yourself.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Religion (even non-theistic) isn't really my bag. But it does strike me that Buddhism deals more directly to the sorts of things you seem to struggle with than Christianity does. Rather than giving up, why not just switch gears? What's the worst that could happen?

980x.jpg
Yeah... switching gears isn't a bad idea

WalterTrull

Godfella
Egocentrism is a pain. I'm fighting it most of the time. Don't win very often, unfortunately. Will keep at it though.

Last edited: