• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another version of ontological argument.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
God doesn't need to be worshiped, but we need to worship it, because it's the being who being in love intoxicates the soul in a good way, is sweet like honey in a good way, and wanting his exalted chosen servants is linked to wanting him because they constantly connect us to God and make us return to God.
That is strange. You claim that my imagination sort of pulls a necessary being into existence. But the same imagination does not intoxicate me at all. And even if I believed in a God, I am pretty sure I would not bore Her with my worship.

Recognizing God is key to happiness, but not only that, it's the only way to protect ourselves from the dark world of confusion and illusions of Iblis. We have to take haven in the cave of oneness of God. Worship him sincerely.
The dark world of whom? Are all these things consequences of the ontology argument, or are you just making them up?

And if God didn't believe in you or me, he wouldn't have not put us in this trial. We all can pass his tests and trials.
What trial? My imagination of Her is of a Greater beings, according to the argument. Greater beings do not believe in things without evidence, and would not want Her children to believe in things without evidence . So, probably She is hiding to test us. If we believe in Her, or worship Her, She will punish us, for not being in Her image. And if we are skeptics, She will reward us, because that is what a true God would expect from Her children. i would not like, for instance, that my kids are suckers.

is that what you mean with trial?

ciao

- viole

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree with you that God doesn't want us to follow or believe in things without proof or evidence.

A necessary being is a possible coherent concept.
Necessary if conceived as possible, would mean it also exists (this comes with the definition).
Therefore a Necessary being exists.
If a Necessary being lacked any existence amount in any form of existence or any existence can exist without it, it would not be a Necessary being.
Absolute life by definition can only be one being since it is absolute comprehensive (and nothing can be beside or can it miss or exist without it).
Therefore there is only one Necessary being possible and it's absolute in terms of magnitude of life.
Therefore there is one and only one Necessary being in actuality and it's God (absolute life).
Well said sir, very theologically correct, but what does that mean for faith and relation between us and this necessary being. Relationship isnt study but practice.