• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Testament of Jesus Christ

Here is a Book everyone should check out. It goes hand in hand with the Bible, to reveal the Fulness of the everlasting gospel. It is called the Book of Mormon, it is a book that has changed my life. I know it to be true, if you have any questions please ask

SoulTraveler

Bell Curve Jumper
Here is a Book everyone should check out. It goes hand in hand with the Bible, to reveal the Fulness of the everlasting gospel. It is called the Book of Mormon, it is a book that has changed my life. I know it to be true, if you have any questions please ask

Have do done a mission yet? You post shows a naivete that betrays a lack of experience. In other words, it's weak. Surely you can do better. Getting on a message board and giving an abbreviated version of your testimony, which is less than you give your own people during sacrament meetings, reads like you're just dipping a toe in the water to see if you get attacked. As you can see, no one has attacked you.

No, my LDS friend, no one has attacked you, debated you, even responded to you, because you have given nothing to respond to. An honest attempt at LDS apologetics and the courage to go back and forth with those who disagree with you would not only be more convincing, but would gain you a measure of respect for you and your faith. If you are afraid, unprepared, or otherwise unwilling to do that, then perhaps a forum like this is not the place for you, if all you have is a weak attempt to proselytize.

If you had more courage, you might learn more about your faith, both good and bad. Or are you afraid? You have the courage to stand up in front of a lot of people to give your testimony. Now perhaps you can take the next step and do so, and hopefully a lot more, to people you know will disagree with you. Take that next step from the circular, insular, supportive environment of your ward and step into the real world and show the courage of your convictions and a willingness to learn.

Last edited: