• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Rant about Religion

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If you go to church out of fear of hell as I did for years you are wasting your time.
Because one would only be going to church for selfish reasons.

You will learn the answers to all your questions.
I can't buy that as spirituality is not being some sort of heavenly encyclopedia.

But it is necessary to follow the teachings. He knew what He was talking about and phrases like "the Kingdom of Heaven is within you" will have meaning and you will feel the love and truth in life.
Well said, imo, and I agree.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Very often when at mass we are warned not to judge others as that's God's domain, not ours. I remember one of our priests saying that if one wants to look around and see all the "hypocrites" in the congregation, bring a mirror next time.
Sounds like a wise man!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Sounds like a wise man!
I think you really would have liked him. One thing he said at basically every mass was "Love one another...", as that along with belief is what the Gospel is about.