• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another peaceful protest by thousands

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
So you're pro far right neo nazis protesting??

Shaul

Premium Member
So you’re pro taking away people’s right to protest by falsely claiming they are Nazis??

How come these so-called Nazis are less violent than some other protesters???

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Everyone in Germany knows a lot of these people protesting are neo nazis

Heyo

Veteran Member
I don't think it is good to point at those who are following a movement without being part of it.
By that thinking any radical group could discredit any movement just by showing up. I wouldn't want that.

epronovost

They chanted, “We’re here and we’re loud, because we are being robbed of our freedom!”

If those restriction are imposed by a democratically elected and accountable government how can this be "robbing of freedom"? Is the executive acting without the support of the legislature or the judiciary branch? Are those provisions unconstitutional? Freedom doesn't mean "no rules"; it means you can help "chose" the rules.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If those restriction are imposed by a democratically elected and accountable government how can this be "robbing of freedom"?
It's happened to queers in many states in America. It still goes on in many if them. Example, Pence was elected governor of Indiana and he proceeded to sign a writ of execution for LGBT rights. He fought off appeals, defied the SC, amd ultimately was only conceded a bit because the state was going to lose too much money over all the businesses threatening to pull out over his RFRA.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
About the freedom to not wear masks....
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...mp-with-covid-19-outbreak-didnt-require-masks
Excerpted....
A Georgia overnight camp hit by a coronavirus outbreak took many precautions, but didn’t make campers wear masks or have proper ventilation in buildings, according to a government report released Friday.

The report said a teenage staff member developed chills on the evening of June 22 and left the camp the following day.

The camp began sending campers home two days later when the staffer got a positive test result for coronavirus. The camp notified state health officials and closed the camp on June 27.

Test results were available for 344 people and 260 of them — about three-quarters — were positive.

The percentage of campers infected was higher among younger kids than older kids, the report found. It also was higher in kids who were at the camp for longer periods of time.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...mp-with-covid-19-outbreak-didnt-require-masks
Excerpted....
A Georgia overnight camp hit by a coronavirus outbreak took many precautions, but didn’t make campers wear masks or have proper ventilation in buildings, according to a government report released Friday.

The report said a teenage staff member developed chills on the evening of June 22 and left the camp the following day.

The camp began sending campers home two days later when the staffer got a positive test result for coronavirus. The camp notified state health officials and closed the camp on June 27.

Test results were available for 344 people and 260 of them — about three-quarters — were positive.

The percentage of campers infected was higher among younger kids than older kids, the report found. It also was higher in kids who were at the camp for longer periods of time.

Why in the heck are people going camping anyway? This is what gets me about all of this. People probably wouldn't need to be under such heavy restrictions if they could minimize pointless activities like camping, vacations, and partying.

I never went to summer camp as a kid. It's not necessary. It's not essential.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why in the heck are people going camping anyway? This is what gets me about all of this. People probably wouldn't need to be under such heavy restrictions if they could minimize pointless activities like camping, vacations, and partying.

I never went to summer camp as a kid. It's not necessary. It's not essential.
To intentionally avoid safe interaction....that's what vexes me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Excerpted....

At this point I just don't think America as a whole will ever take this seriously. It's not even ignorance at this point, its just willful, full steam ahead, insanity-laced stupidity.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
To intentionally avoid safe interaction....that's what vexes me.
The sad thing is, this should be a great, wonderful, marvelous time for us Aspies. People keeping their distance, no ine touching us, people stayimg away and not being very social and everyone at home, it's as close to heaven as well get.
Except America denied us that.

Shaul

Premium Member
I don't think that, when you are endangering your fellow humans by not following ordered sanitary measures, you can claim to be "peaceful".
That’s a dangerous argument. Could that same argument be used against BLM protesters that didn’t wear a mask? What about the notion of civil disobedience? “Ordered sanitary measures”, where does that end? Why not ban all demonstrations that violate the correct “Social distance” orders too? Only “good Germans” are allowed to protest?