• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Man of Allah (God) *after* Muhammad (so says hadith)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I give you the verse of Quran under which the Hadith needs to be interpreted:

[24:56] Allah has promised to those among you who believe and do good works that He will surely make them Successors in the earth, as He made Successors from among those who were before them; and that He will surely establish for them their religion which He has chosen for them; and that He will surely give them in exchange security and peace after their fear: They will worship Me, and they will not associate anything with Me. Then whoso is ungrateful after that, they will be the rebellious.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

The one who will come after Muhammad will be a successor of him and will follow Quran and Sunnah; his title name would be Promised Messiah, Jesus and Imam Mahdi.

Muhammad will still remain the top of the messengers prophets or seal of prophets.

I further have to add that Muhammad being a Universal messenger prophet of the one true God, his religion Islam has been perfected so no messenger prophet could come in other local or regional religions as he is the Seal of Prophets so no true reformer from God now would come into them except that who is his successor and who follows Quran and Muhammad's Sunnah.

InvestigateTruth

It says in many sources (Hadiths, Quran) that Muhammad PBUH is the last prophet.

Hi Son of Adam:

I think Muslims generally read Hadithes and verses of Quran too quickly. I mean the verses and Hadithes must be pondered on, and carefully analyzed "within its context"

That Muhammad said "I am the last Prophet" was not for the purpose of interpreting the verse of Quran That says Muhammad is the Seal of Prophets, and was not related to explaination of the verse of Quran.

If you are familiar with Arabic (are you???), you would know the word "Khatam" which is translated as "seal" was a stone on rings, that was used both as ornament and also to seal (stamp) a document to confirm it.
The Seal of Prophets, in our view, means ornament of Prophets. Another interpretation might be a Prophet who confirmes previous Prophet and was an ornament of the Prophets.
If God wanted to say, there will never be another Prophet after Muhammad, He could say that very clearly. Why leave it to interpretations and doubts?

If you read those Hadithes that Muhammad said He is the last Prophet carefully with an open mind, then analyz them carefully, you will see that Muhammad said "there is no prophet after ME" in its context is related to the fact that Muhammad was explaining that, for example, after Moses and before Jesus, there came a number of Prophets, such as David and Solomon who promoted Jewish Faith. So, Muhammad said after Him, there would be no prophets within Islamic dispensation, but only Khalifs come.
So, in Baha'i View He did not say, no more Prophets forever. He meant no more prophets who come to promote Islam, but only Khalifs come.

Then there is a Hadith that Muhammad said, He was like the last brick of a buidling of Prophets. and this building is built, and He was the Last brick.
The Human Civilization has been created by successive Revelations from God. That means, God has been sending Prophets to guide humanity, until we have come to this level and advancement.
In a Religious term, there was a Cycle that started with Adam and ended with Muhammad. and Muhammad was the Last Prophet in that cycle. This was the first creation of God which took 6000 years.
But the creation of God continues through a new cycle. The second creation starts with the Baha'i Revealtion.
So, yes, Muhammad was that last brick of that Building, but that building is not the last creation of God. (We cannot put a limit on creation and creativity of God)

So, dear Son of Adam, Let us not forget either the verses that speak of Messengers to come:

"O children of Adam! there shall come to you Apostles from among yourselves, rehearsing my signs to you; and whoso shall fear God and do good works, no fear shall be upon them, neither shall they be put to grief." Quran 7:35

al-A`raf 7:35

This Translation is from Rodwell.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

I further have to add that Muhammad being a Universal messenger prophet of the one true God, his religion Islam has been perfected so no messenger prophet could come in other local or regional religions as he is the Seal of Prophets so no true reformer from God now would come into them except that who is his successor and who follows Quran and Muhammad's Sunnah.

Speaking of completion and perfection of Religion, The Word in the verse can be translated as "Completion" or "Perfection" of a religion.
It is the same word that is used in Quran with regards to previous revelations as well. That is to say every time God revealed His Book it was Perfect and completed for its own Age. It is essentially false to say, that God's revelations are not perfected, or if He ever left a people of the past with an incomplete or imperfected Revelation.

As we look at the topic of the completion of religion in the light of the whole Qur'an, we find that religion is described as being completed, in quite a few verses (in addition to verse 5:3).

For instance, we find that God's favor was completed at the time of Abraham, Isaac, and Joseph:

"And thus will your Lord choose you and teach you the interpretation of sayings and make His favor complete to you and to the children of Jacob, as He made it complete before to your fathers, Abraham and Isaac; surely your Lord is knowing, wise."
- Qur'an 12:6

We also find that God completed His favor through Moses:

"Moreover, We gave Moses the Book, completing (Our favor) to those who would do right, and explaining all things in detail,- and a guide and a mercy, that they might believe in the meeting with their Lord."
- Qur'an 6:154

According to the Qur'an, the completion of the favor is also conditional upon the individual's success in obeying and fearing God:

"And from whatsoever place you come forth, turn your face towards the Sacred Mosque; and wherever you are turn your face towards it, so that people shall have no accusation against you, except such of them as are unjust; so do not fear them, and fear Me, that I may complete My favor on you and that you may walk on the right course." - Qur'an 2:150

Some argue however, that while "completion" of the favor may not be unique to Muslims, "perfection" of the religion is.
This is a matter of interpretation, and it certainly is the prerogative of the translators to have chosen the word "perfected" for the Arabic word "akmaltu". For Arabs (and others familiar with the language) however, while the word definitely conveys the meaning of perfection, and wholeness, it is also very often used to mean "completion" as we find in verses: 2:185, 2:196, 2:233, and 16:25 among others.

This same theme has also caused followers of other religions to believe that their religion was complete, not only for the duration it was destined, but for all times. For example we see that for the Christians, the favors of God were also completed on humanity through Jesus:

"And ye are complete in Him [i.e. Jesus] , which is the head of all principality and power"
- The Epistle to the Colossians, Chapter 2

It is also necessary to remember, that both completeness and perfection are among God's attributes, integral to His Essence (magnified be His name). It would be blasphemous to doubt that any of His actions and doings or favors, would be anything but complete and perfect:

"It is Allah Who made out of the things He created, some things to give you shade; of the hills He made some for your shelter; He made you garments to protect you from heat, and coats of mail to protect you from your (mutual) violence. Thus does He complete His favours on you, that ye may bow to His Will (in Islam). - Qur'an 16:81

As to the mention of Islam as the chosen religion in the same verse (5:3), it is important to remember that while Islam happens to be the religion of "Muslims", it is also described in numerous verses in the Qur'an as the religion of submission to God, a term much more general , and includes all who submit themselves and will to God.

Let us also take the Qur'an as a whole entity, and remember the verses which explain that there is a set time for every nation and a set book. Let us also remember to examine the verses which tell us that the words of God are endless and can not be encompassed in one book.

Islam and the Baha'i Faith

Let us not forget either the verses that speak of Messengers to come:

"O children of Adam! there shall come to you Apostles from among yourselves, rehearsing my signs to you; and whoso shall fear God and do good works, no fear shall be upon them, neither shall they be put to grief." Quran 7:35

The hadith clearly say that there will appear many people who will falsely claim to be Imam Mahdi and The Messiah.

The Bahai's, the Ahmadis, you guys, how many Mahdi's and Messiahs are there?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but Elijah Muhammed taught his followers that white people are the devil and that Islam is only for black people. I wonder where in the Qur'an it says that. But I'm sure you have evidence for that, it's not like you can't twist the meaning of the verses to mean whatever you want them to mean. After all if your Messiah says so, it is so. Just like the Ahmadi's and the Bahai's.

Well first Gharib, I am not a member of the Nation of Islam. I am a Sabian who believes in Allah & the Last Day (Holy Qur'an 2:62.) And though I am not Muslim I do believe in the Honorable Elijah Muhammad.

Now. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad does teach that the White race is by nature a race of people who are adverse to Allah; he teaches that their nature is Satan, which means the Adversary of Allah. But he also teaches that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was a White man, and he teaches that a White person can fight his/her Satanic nature and practice Islam which is the natural religion of Black (any person who is non-White) people.

The Holy Qur'an says in Surah 3:7 that some verses of Scripture are allegorical. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad teaches that "Satan" in the Scriptures is an allegorical reference to the White race. And the history of the White race on the earth proves that the Honorable Elijah Muhammad is not lying when he says that the White race is Satan. The White race has gone all over the earth trying to conquer all non-White people in the name of their alleged racial superiority. Thinking that you are better than someone for some superficial reason is the very nature of Satan according to the Qur'an (Surah 7:12.)

I must warn you that the Honorable Elijah Muhammad & his National Representative Minister Louis Farrakhan are men who are lied on very much in Western media and society. If you want to learn about the life-giving Teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, I would suggest that you learn about them first-hand from Nation of Islam itself and not from some second-hand source. They (the Nation of Islam) have a website at *edit* Visit it sometime.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like becoming similar to Christians, thinking Allah came incarnated? Going directly against the word of Allah in the Quran and the Prophet Muhammad (saws)? Like committing shirk and being racist?

Hmm, please tell me how Sunni Islam is "divided and polythiestic". Do they claim Allah came incarnated, associating a partner with Allah, like Christians do? Or do they preach hatred and racism, like a whole race of people being devils and created in laboratories?

No, the Muslim world is off of the path of Muhammad (pbuh) like being divided into sects & oppressing women. Holy Qur'an 30:31-32:

"(31)...and keep your duty to Him, and keep up prayer and be not of the polytheists, (32) Of those who split up their religion and become parties; every sect rejoicing in that which is with it."

This tells us that being divided into sects is polytheistic. The ummah of Muhammad has deviated from his path.

The Holy Qur'an also says that it VERIFIES the Scriptures that *are with* the Children of Israel (Holy Qur'an 2:40-41.) Those Scriptures explain that Allah is a Spirit and the meaning of "Spirit" is "the energy of life." Those Scriptures tell us that Allah has hands, feet, breathes, etc., so AS THE HADITH AND BIBLE BOTH SAY, Allah dwells in Man. Hadith Qudsi #25 (Allah Speaking:)

"...My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks..."

And the Honorable Elijah Muhammad does not teach hatred of White skin, he teaches hatred of White evil and all evil.

Peace.

Say: He is Allah, the One! [1] Allah, the eternally Besought of all! [2] He begetteth not nor is he begotten. [3] And there is none comparable unto Him. [4]

Surah Ikhlas.

You say we don't follow Quran... What does the Surah above say? So who doesn't follow Quran again? Surely you can't be serious when saying such, and then tuning around believing Allah was incarnated as man.

...The Honorable Elijah Muhammad teaches that the flesh is not Allah, but that Allah Dwells in flesh. That is the same thing that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:

(Hadith Qudsi #25; Allah Speaking:) "...My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks..."

No, YOU DON'T follow the Qur'an, which tells Muslims to be not divided (Holy Qur'an 3:103, 105.) How can you be a "Sunni" Muslim and a "Shia" Muslim? That is deviation from what Muhammad taught his followers.

You are just quoting hadith that not all Muslims believe in...how can you just impose your beliefs on everyone? The only source that all Muslims believe in, the Holy Qur'an, says that for EVERY nation there is a messenger (Holy Qur'an 10:47.) America is a NEW nation on the earth. It never received a messenger (until the coming of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad.) If America is a new nation, and she deviates from pleasing Allah, will He raise up a messenger for America? According to Surah 10:47, yes He will...

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Quran teaches that Allah is not anything like the creation. That there is no one supieror or inferior due to race.

You are an anthropomorphist to the extreme, like the Christians. What you teach in new and made up and can not be reconcialed with the Quran nor hadith. hence you keep repeating one accusation. the sects, as is the normal for NOI members to do.

Read the Quran. You can not make an interpretation that conflicts with the scripture.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
You are just quoting hadith that not all Muslims believe in...how can you just impose your beliefs on everyone? The only source that all Muslims believe in, the Holy Qur'an, says that for EVERY nation there is a messenger (Holy Qur'an 10:47.)
And the Holy Quran says Prophet Muhammad (saws) is the last messenger.

America is a NEW nation on the earth. It never received a messenger (until the coming of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad.) If America is a new nation, and she deviates from pleasing Allah, will He raise up a messenger for America? According to Surah 10:47, yes He will...
Actually America is made up of people from all nations, therefore their ancestors have already recieved messengers, which happened until Muhmmad (saws) who was the last. There is no new messengers. No new scriptures. No new interpretations. Nothing.

BruceDLimber

Most Hadiths are totally USELESS as proofs given that Muslims themselves can't agree on which ones are and are not legitiamte!

And as I've already said, the the verse in the Quir'an speaking of Muhammad as the Seal has multiple interpretations, many of which clearly posit no end whatever to the series of Divine Messengers!

Peace,

Bruce

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
For anyone wondering, Nation of Islam, is a racist organization that was once popular, but since has drifted towards nonexistence every year. Every year, more and more people wake up and leave this nation, in order to be a part of the real Ummah of Prophet Muhamad (saws).

How can anyone be honest and try to twist Islam to push black nationalism? Their arguments are weak and center around pointing out the sects, as Yahyaa has done. But have yet to even once try to argue the validity of a black man being god (we all know Allah has no body.). Anthropomorphism has been denied and rejected by the Prophet Allah (saws), his Companions, and the righteous Salaf.

This nation, is a nation full of uneducated racist who hopefully one day will wake up, leave their hated and racism, and possibly join the real Ummah of Prophet Muhammad (saws).

To anyone else (besides Assad) reading this, first I am not a member of the Nation of Islam. My religion is Sabianism but I do believe in the Honorable Elijah Muhammad (the leader of the Nation of Islam,) who is represented to the world today by Minister Louis Farrakhan.

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad & Minister Farrakhan are men who are very misrepresented in Western society & media; they are flat out LIED on sometimes. If you want to learn more about what the Nation of Islam teaches & believes, they have a website at http://www.noi.org. Here are two suggested links from that site:

Brief history on origin of the Nation of Islam

The Muslim Program (Wants & Beliefs)

Peace.
Yahyaa Waahid

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
From the link; to show how th NOI disregard the Quran, and can not be consideed Muslims or Islam.

5. WE BELIEVE in the the resurrection of the dead--not in physical resurrection--but in mental resurrection. We believe that the so-called Negroes are most in need of mental resurrection; therefore they will be resurrected first. Furthermore, we believe we are the people of God's choice, as it has been written, that God would choose the rejected and the despised. We can find no other persons fitting this description in these last days more that the so-called Negroes in America. We believe in the resurrection of the righteous.

{The Trumpet is blown and those in the heavens and those in the earth swoon away, except those Allah wills. Then it is blown a second time and at once they stand upright, looking on. And the earth shines with the Pure Light of its Lord; the Book is put in place; the Prophets and witnesses are brought; it is decided between them with the truth; and they are not wronged. Every self is repaid in full for what it did. He knows best what they are doing.} (Az-Zumar 39:68-70)

and
12. WE BELIEVE that Allah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard Muhammad, July, 1930; the long-awaited "Messiah" of the Christians and the "Mahdi" of the Muslims.

It is impossible to be both Messiah and Mahdi. Like Christians, we accept Jesus (as) as the messiah, but unlike them, he is not Allah nor an incarnation of Allah.

5;72
They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.

The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger; [other] messengers have passed on before him. And his mother was a supporter of truth. They both used to eat food. Look how We make clear to them the signs; then look how they are deluded.

As you can see from just these two Ayah, that Jesus(as) is the messiah. Not some man from America! And that it is NOT Allah who is the mesiah, but Jesus (as) a human.

To anyone following this, the Nation of Islam does not teach that Allah is the Messiah. They teach that Allah is in the Messiah, just as this hadith says:

Hadith Qudsi #25 (Allah Spekaing:) "...My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks..."

Peace.
Yahyaa Waahid

Last edited:

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
From the link Yahyaa gave, the NOI declare

12. WE BELIEVE that Allah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard Muhammad, July, 1930; the long-awaited "Messiah" of the Christians and the "Mahdi" of the Muslims.

Which, regardless, if what Yahyaa says is true, still impossible because the Quran already says that Jesus (as) was a simple man, but STILL the Messiah! Never says anything about Allah dwelling in him, who is the messiah, nor any other man.
Furthermore, the hadith which Yahyaa quotes, you will notice, says nothing about Allah (swt) being in a person. Nor saying he will ever do such a thing. Instead, the little bit of it he qoutes, says that a person gets closer to Allah, and in a sense what we are suppose to do, aligns his will with the will of Allah, which is our mission in submission to the almighty.

So as anyone can see, there is no way to justify these beliefs the NOI push. Also would like to note that segregation is neither Islamic. And from the way it looks, NOI is less a religion and more a political group.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I find it appropriate here that one should enlighten oneself as to how a Hadith is to be interpreted for a useful discussion on the topic.

Principles of interpretation of Hadith

Text of a Hadith

After investigating the chain of narration of a Hadith, the second thing which requires investigation is the text of a Hadith. Although scholars of Hadith have left no stone unturned in investigating the characters and biographies of the narrators and have spent a greater part of their lives in this research, yet like every human endeavour, the natural flaws which still exist in the narration of a Hadith requires that the following two things must always remain in consideration while investigating the text of a Hadith:

1. Nothing in it should be against the Qur’an and Sunnah
2. Nothing in it should be against established facts derived from knowledge and reason

Principles of Understanding the Hadith

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
To anyone else (besides Assad) reading this, first I am not a member of the Nation of Islam. My religion is Sabianism but I do believe in the Honorable Elijah Muhammad (the leader of the Nation of Islam,) who is represented to the world today by Minister Louis Farrakhan.

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad & Minister Farrakhan are men who are very misrepresented in Western society & media; they are flat out LIED on sometimes. If you want to learn more about what the Nation of Islam teaches & believes, they have a website at http://www.noi.org. Here are two suggested links from that site:

Brief history on origin of the Nation of Islam

The Muslim Program (Wants & Beliefs)

Peace.
Yahyaa Waahid

Did FARD MUHAMMAD,Elijah Muhammad and or Farrakhan receive any Word of Revelation (Wahee or Ilham) from the one true God. Please quote from each one of them in this connection individually in first person; not what others believe about them.

Thanks

Did FARD MUHAMMAD,Elijah Muhammad and or Farrakhan receive any Word of Revelation (Wahee or Ilham) from the one true God. Please quote from each one of them in this connection individually in first person; not what others believe about them.

Thanks

Yes, the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan is the National Representative of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and Bro. Farrakhan says that the Honorable Elijah Muhammad was a Messenger of Allah and the Christ that the world has been expecting. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad & the Nation of Islam published multiple books containing the Revelation that the Honorable Elijah Muhammad received from Allah in the Person of Master Fard Muhammad; 5 of those books are:

1. Message to the Blackman in America
2. The Fall of America
3. Our Savior Has Arrived
4. How to Eat to Live, Book I
5. How to Eat to Live, Book II

You can purchase those books @ Books & Literature .

And the Nation of Islam has a Book that is only for registered members of the Nation of Islam called, "The Supreme Wisdom."

Brother Farrakhan happens to be speaking for 1 hour every Saturday this year @ The Time & What Must Be Done: Lecture Series by Minister Louis Farrakhan at 6PM Central Time if you want to hear him for yourself. The American media lies about him very much so I suggest learning about him from him himself instead of from second hand sources.

Peace & Blessings.
Bro. Yahyaa Waahid

To anyone following Assad's comments I told him that I would no longer reply to him.

But I would like to say that the Holy Qur'an verifies that Allah does choose a race of people. It says that He chose & favored the Children of Israel (Holy Qur'an 44:32; 2:40) and the Nation of Islam declares that the American so-called Negroes are the true Children of Israel.

Peace.
Yahyaa Waahid