• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Day, Another Break In

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Not our house this time, but...

It was the vacant house next door. Hubby was outside when they threw a brick through the window, standing maybe 10 feet away, on the other side of a large bush. I called the police, and a crew came. While we were waiting for their arrival, the ******* peeped over the fence and asked my husband "what the **** are you looking at" and took off as the light beams from the cop cars rolled in. They didn't catch him.

A month or two ago, we actually had three of the thugs on the front porch trying to figure out how to gain entry, not realizing anyone was awake. My husband beat the tar out of them, and they took off(with one being carried away).

I worry with things escalating, I'm going to end up being presented with a gun at some point.

As if my plate wasn't full enough already. :rolleyes:

One of the officers who showed up tonight was the same one who saved our lives about a decade ago, when we were in an eerily similar situation....

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

It was the vacant house next door. Hubby was outside when they threw a brick through the window, standing maybe 10 feet away, on the other side of a large bush. I called the police, and a crew came. While we were waiting for their arrival, the ******* peeped over the fence and asked my husband "what the **** are you looking at" and took off as the light beams from the cop cars rolled in. They didn't catch him.

A month or two ago, we actually had three of the thugs on the front porch trying to figure out how to gain entry, not realizing anyone was awake. My husband beat the tar out of them, and they took off(with one being carried away).

I worry with things escalating, I'm going to end up being presented with a gun at some point.

One of the officers who showed up tonight was the same one who saved our lives about a decade ago, when we were in an eerily similar situation....
:glomp:
Good grief JG. Is moving home not an option?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Strewth!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
:glomp:
Good grief JG. Is moving home not an option?

Nope. Not at all.

This is actually a relatively good neighborhood. The trouble started a few months ago when some turds realized the house next door was vacant and neglected; a fun place to 'hide out'. Since the uninvited guests took up residence, its been one issue after another.

The cops have been creeping around a bit, but its unnerving. We know there are unwanted people in the house right now(we can hear them), but the cops can't enter because they don't have owner permission...

I had to look that one up, but agree fully with the spirit of it.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Nope. Not at all.

This is actually a relatively good neighborhood. The trouble started a few months ago when some turds realized the house next door was vacant and neglected; a fun place to 'hide out'. Since the uninvited guests took up residence, its been one issue after another.

The cops have been creeping around a bit, but its unnerving. We know there are unwanted people in the house right now(we can hear them), but the cops can't enter because they don't have owner permission...

Well I hope the authorities can sort it sooner rather than later. No-one should be putting up with that ****, especially not a JG and family. :purpleheart:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well I hope the authorities can sort it sooner rather than later. No-one should be putting up with that ****, especially not a JG and family. :purpleheart:

Four officers came, but I'm relieved to see the one...

If he hadn't defied his orders from his superior to move along a decade ago, I probably wouldn't be here.

We're going to try to seek audience with the mayor tomorrow. At the very least, maybe City Hall can contact the homeowner.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I am so sorry friend. We had a similar situation not to long ago on our street. The cops did little, if anything, to help. I think there might be a way for you to call the city and get the house marked as vacant so that if anyone does try to get into the home, they will be arrested. I can ask my dad, he did that last time this happened.

*hugs* It's a stressful situation to be in overall. I wish I could do more to help you.

RestlessSoul

Sometimes the cops really are the good guys, hey? The cop you knew from before - perhaps his destiny and yours are entwined, in a positive way.

Blessings, prayers, and I hope your family stays safe.

Audie

Veteran Member
Nope. Not at all.

You can buy artificial skunk essence.
Some applied inside the house will keep
them out.
Simple cheap and even an air of humour.

Audie

Veteran Member
I am so sorry friend. We had a similar situation not to long ago on our street. The cops did little, if anything, to help. I think there might be a way for you to call the city and get the house marked as vacant so that if anyone does try to get into the home, they will be arrested. I can ask my dad, he did that last time this happened.

*hugs* It's a stressful situation to be in overall. I wish I could do more to help you.
https://www.amazon.com/Predator-Pee-Skunk-Um/dp/B07H8K3T6X

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The cops have been creeping around a bit, but its unnerving. We know there are unwanted people in the house right now(we can hear them), but the cops can't enter because they don't have owner permission.
Very ineffective police system and law.
You have a gun in your house? How can you fortify your place?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

If you're to be presented with a gun, let's hope it's
only an award in appreciation for your magnanimity.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

That's really good to know... we're going to investigate further today.

Sometimes the cops really are the good guys, hey? The cop you knew from before - perhaps his destiny and yours are entwined, in a positive way.

Blessings, prayers, and I hope your family stays safe.

Cops are a mixed bag. These guys wanted to help. Last week the officers who showed up was a loud fellow who swore at, intimidated, and threatened my husband(who was sitting on our porch, waiting to see who'd show up)while the others with him stayed silent(and looked embarrassed). The first time it happened(in which the neighbor was robbed while he was sleeping, and we found the group of turd on the porch) it was a lone cop who kept calling for backup but couldn't get it. My husband actually went into the neighbor's house with her to investigate.

You can buy artificial skunk essence.
Some applied inside the house will keep
them out.
Simple cheap and even an air of humour.

That's... a very unique idea. We know the place isn't locked up well... we could enter and drop some of that...

Very ineffective police system and law.
You have a gun in your house? How can you fortify your place?

We can't have guns because of the kids(two have special needs, and that would be dangerous). I'm hoping if someone breaks in, the dogs will help. At least they'll bark and alert us...

If you're to be presented with a gun, let's hope it's
only an award in appreciation for your magnanimity.

I'd prefer a cake.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd prefer a cake.
The best of both worlds in dark chocolate...
OIP.POI-QGm8pPIBkf4UViPUygHaE8

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Up tonight again with more of this drama...

Because my husband has a force field in his butt that repels any kind of seating, he was outside having a 5th? 6th? 17th? cigarette for the evening and discovered the house next door to be 'populated' again. I called the police, and they came. It seems they've managed to trap the turds on the upper level.

It would be fine and dandy, and I would hope for bedtime... but my husband won't stop playing cops and robbers, and remains outside to 'help'.

I just want to go to bed.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Up tonight again with more of this drama...

Because my husband has a force field in his butt that repels any kind of seating, he was outside having a 5th? 6th? 17th? cigarette for the evening and discovered the house next door to be 'populated' again. I called the police, and they came. It seems they've managed to trap the turds on the upper level.

It would be fine and dandy, and I would hope for bedtime... but my husband won't stop playing cops and robbers, and remains outside to 'help'.

I just want to go to bed.
Maybe he need it to feel he is protecting you :)