• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another crook we know

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
A boy can dream.

Naturally, he's more likely to get off than not, assuming he did it. Several reasons for that, but one sticks out to me as seldom mentioned.

It is not so easy for us humans to fully appreciate how the psychology of deciding someone is worth following automatically commits one to cutting that person slack in so many ways. It's something worth paying attention to like it was a nearby venomous snake in any relevant circumstances.

Only you can't kill it. Trying to kill any instinct that's most likely rooted in our DNA is dumb. The powers within us that we deny resurface as our demons.

See willful celibacy and the Catholic Church. Or simply relying too much on ones' own good, but willfully forced, morals to prevent oneself from messing with the 13 year old choir girls one counsels as their Protestant Youth Pastor.

I once met a few days before he was required to show up to serve his ten years in prison (unless paroled), a youth pastor here in town who'd done exactly that. Found a 13 year old choir girl who too uncritically looked up to him. Youngest girl in all of the news reports. The others seemed to most often be about 16.

DNA doesn't take a vacation for anyone, and all human behavior involves to one extent or another our DNA.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
See willful celibacy and the Catholic Church.

When I read that sentence, I "saw"/remembered that India has a brahmacharya tradition of celibacy which can be a permanent vow. I guess that's not what you wanted me to 'see'. ;)