• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Christian Dilemma

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The spirit of God could have inspired things such as:
Thou shalt not own slaves.
Thou shalt honor men and women as equals.
Thou shalt respect thy neighbor.
Thou shalt not hit children.

I see......you would want to dictate to God what he should and shouldn't do, but chafe if God wants to tell you what to do.....:shrug:

What God instituted in the beginning was a perfectly balanced arrangement. Humans thought they could do things better by making their own rules, so God let them see where that would take them.....what you are criticising is what man did...not what God did. He simply regulated their choices to accommodate fairness as much as possible within the framework that they had chosen.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Humans thought they could do things better
We did make things better. We have laws banning slavery and rape, domestic violence and child abuse, and we laws allowing freedom of religion, association, and press. Not killing people for apostasy, homosexuality, or women not being virgins when they get married are also better than what god had written in his book.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
We did make things better.

Really?

We have laws banning slavery and rape, domestic violence and child abuse, and we laws allowing freedom of religion, association, and press. Not killing people for apostasy, homosexuality, or women not being virgins when they get married are also better than what god had written in his book.

So you would be happy for this wonderful world that humans created to continue for all time to come?

How long before the earth is toast?

images

Shame about the fact that we need clean air to breathe...

images

Unpolluted land...and native forests.

images
images

Habitats protected from human greed...

images
images
images

images
images
images

This is what humans have done to this planet......what use are laws governing human behavior if they don't prevent the things that threaten our very existence? What blinkers are you wearing?

images

Are you proud of how clever humans think they are? I'm not.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Are you proud of how clever humans think they are? I'm not.
I never claimed we are perfect. I was stating we have made laws that are better than what god gave. And, just a reminder, you god supposedly flooded the entire Earth and killed almost nearly everything and everyone.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I never claimed we are perfect. I was stating we have made laws that are better than what god gave. And, just a reminder, you god supposedly flooded the entire Earth and killed almost nearly everything and everyone.

It is his earth to with as he sees fit.....he alone has authority over life and death.
He knows what we don't know......he can see what we can't see....and he can foresee outcomes that we can't envisage.

I trust him to know what he's doing......you can trust whoever you like.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is his earth to with as he sees fit.....he alone has authority over life and death.
It would seem the right to self-determination is something else we did that is better than what god did. As that we don't really acknowledge "might is right" as correct. We also have come along way in collective considerations, in which, just because it's yours doesn't mean you can do with it as you please. Such as, just because you have a gun doesn't mean you can randomly fire it in a city.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Considering scientific evidence states that the universe is expanding infinitely (or to infinity) and considering there are perhaps billions of planets, God being the ruler of the universe why of all the planets that exist and the possible life forms that are more ancient than human beings why is God’s “only son” a human?

All things considered if we took a more logical approach at what is more likely than not, why would God choose a human and not some other life form like an amoeba? What is so important about being a human among all the possible creatures in the universe why choose a human being?

This in part would be a dilemma for the Judeo Christian God, because of the anthropomorphic nature of this Biblical God, but not an apophatic God from the Baha'i perspective, The problem with the assumptions and questions why and purpose of God Created humanity is problematic form the human perspective, because if God exists there is no human rational why or purpose from God's perspective.

Science is indeed a problem form the ancient anthropomorphic Biblical God and scripture of the Bible, and dealt with in Christianity various ways from the rejection of science to the pragmatic selective interpretation of scripture over time in an awkward force things to fit.

This is part of a greater problem of the illogical and irrational the ancient religions in the contemporary world.

74x12

The amoeba was a point of reference not to be taken quite literal. Again, I am basically challenging the notion of the phrase “only begotten son.” Again, considering the possibility of other worldly creatures more ancient than humanity why would God choose a human as the only begotten and not some other creature?
It was mankind that sinned and therefore needed a Savior. The scripture says He took not on the form of angels. The reason for that is the angels are far more intelligent than humans. They're spirit beings. Not flesh. So when they choose to be sinners and reject God, it's not as easily forgiven. So Jesus came to save mankind and not those angels who have followed Satan instead of God.

Basically we are forgivable because we are not so wise or intelligent as angels. It's precisely because we are in the flesh when we sin that we are forgiven.

To sum up my point. First of all we are not so unintelligent that we cannot know God or interact with Him. On the other hand we are not so wise that we are considered unforgivable either.