• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Christian Dilemma

David T

Premium Member
Because the Gospel of Jesus the Amoeba would make for a really **** book...
Agreed. I am sure I could reference star trek this morning create a scenario that would seem almost plausible but I haven't had my java this morning

David T

Premium Member
It's superstitions and hearsay.

Dumped a story book in underground/cave, or write a story book about the creator of the universe and self-appointed oneself to be this creator's true messenger.

For example:
The Holy Unicorn (Honicorn) is the creator of the universe, he creates humanity from rainbow dust. Humanity went corrupted, the consequence is that humanity will stay in rainbow hell and be in a scary uncomfy rainbow state for eternity, so scary it is. In order to save humanity, Honicorn's son (in human form) appear under the end of rainbow, he is our saviour, his name is Rainbow.

Is there any evidence to support Honicorn and Rainbow's existence?
Yes, there are. The story book of Honicorn is the evidence! The book says that many people will disbelieve in Honicorn, the book also prophecy the appearance of Rainbow, many other geological evidence and facts are inside it. Sometimes, preaching to aunicornist is like putting pearl in front of swine, their hearts are so harden, they're spiritually blind. (Add in many other ambiguous prophesies and unverifiable statements). Do anyone really want to go to rainbow hell? If not, then pray to Honicorn, accept Rainbow as your savior before it's too late!

This life is a test, there may be scientific discovery or evidence which try to disproves Honicorn's existence, don't believe in any one of them, they're lie of the Ew (Evil Wacky Unicorn). Have faith in Honicorn, believe and you'll see.

Aunicornism is popular these days, it's the sign of the end. We have come to the time of wickedness, ununicornliness show up here and there. Those immoral aunicornist will be regret one day.

Honicorn oppose many science technologies and medical treatment, you cannot engage in any such activity. So how about the people who get sick and need to get medical treatment? No, Honicorn's rule is more important than people's life. Go, dispose your car, throw out your handphone and computer. Now handout 99.99% of your monthly income to Honicorn's self-appointed true messenger, because Honicorn says so in his story book, because a human who self-appointed themselves as Honicorn's true messenger says so.

If Honicorn doesn't exists, there's no ultimate objective meaning to life, your monthly income and car/gadget are nothing, we die and we lose nothing. If Honicorn exists and you're disobedient you get sent to rainbow hell.

You lose nothing when you choose to believe in and follow Honicorn.

Why would anyone want to disbelieve in Honicorn is beyond my understanding. Why don't aunicornists believe? There is nothing to lose afterall. If Honicorn doesn't exists and there's no afterlife, you will just cease to exist, you lose nothing. But if Honicorn exists and you don't believe in him, you will be going to rainbow hell and stay there for eternity; if you believe in him you will be allow to stay in rainbow heaven and get the chance to happily worship Honicorn for eternity. That is just a very easy decision to make, believe in Honicorn and obey him, because you got nothing to lose.

Honicorn says that left handed, stamp collector and ice cream eater are all abominations, you must deal with those abominations according to what Honicorn says in his story book.

You must follow Honicorn's self-appointed true messenger's true interpretation about honicorn's rules and morals. There might be fake messengers appear here and there, don't believe in anyone of them, they have been deceived by Ew.

Don't question any injustice/immoral/illogical/irrational things about Honicorn's story book and his self-appointed true messenger's true interpretation, because Honicorn's way is higher than our ways, all we have to do is just follow whatever they order us to do and have faith in them. Don't ask them to provide physical evidence to support their claims or existence, it's silly if you do so. Honicorn live in spiritual unicorn realms, we can only get spiritual evidence of Honicorn when we have faith in him. Physical evidence is irrelevant.

They also don't have the burden of proof to support their claims or existence, you have to prove yourself worthy to them, you have to prove them wrong.

Here are some important questions:
We know the universe is expanding infinitely, there are billions of planets. Honicorn being the creator of the universe, why of all the planets that exist and the possible life forms that are more ancient than human beings, why is Honicorn’s only son a human?

Why would Honicorn choose a human and not some other life form like an amoeba, germ, virus, cell or atom? What is so important about being a human among all the possible creatures in the universe why choose a human being? Hmm, maybe because Honicorn creates humans in his image, that's the reason.

Why would he choose son instead of daugther? What is so important being a son? Hmm, maybe because son is stronger than daughter, daughter is weak or have other responsibility Because Honicorn says so.

Why would he choose a son who likes to drink wine instead a son who prefer apple juice? What is so important about wine? Hmm, maybe that's because wine is very holy, wine is holy because Honicorn says so.

Why would he choose a son who prefer grape wine instead a son who prefer whisky? What is so important about grape wine?

Why would he choose a son who live in village A instead a son who live in village B?
What is so important about village B?

Why would he choose a son who likes to collecting stamps instead a son who prefer jogging? What is so important about collecting stamps?
Are you proposing your writing is somehow imbued with talent? It seems to be the missing ingredient!!!

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Considering scientific evidence states that the universe is expanding infinitely (or to infinity) and considering there are perhaps billions of planets, God being the ruler of the universe why of all the planets that exist and the possible life forms that are more ancient than human beings why is God’s “only son” a human?
Because theologically speaking, "God's Son" existed before taking on human form. So the "Logos" is stated as existing "in the beginning" before humans, or amoebas, or any and all life anywhere in the universe was created. It then says that this "Logos" subsequently took human form in the person of Jesus.

Why become a human in the story? Because the story is about the relationship of humans and God. It's not about other life forms. Perhaps there is an "Amoeba Christ" for the world of amoebas? If so, I'm sure it would not make any sense to us, just as our story of Jesus makes no sense to them, not being human and all. ;)

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Do I really need to point out the difference between an amoeba and a human? Why even talk about appearance? Granted, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But what about cognitive power? How many amoeba authors have made it on the best seller's list lately?

I would suppose that one single human eyeball is more complex and fascinating than an amoeba.

Logically we would think that God would make whatever He cared for the most to have the cognitive function necessary to actually acknowledge Him; and be able to interact with Him. We don't see any animals except humans wondering about a God or gods.

The amoeba was a point of reference not to be taken quite literal. Again, I am basically challenging the notion of the phrase “only begotten son.” Again, considering the possibility of other worldly creatures more ancient than humanity why would God choose a human as the only begotten and not some other creature?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Interesting points.....

But if you examine the events recorded in the Bible concerning this entity called "satan the devil" you will first of all notice that he has no name. These are descriptive titles explaining his fallen nature...literally "resistor" and "slanderer". Jesus even called him a murderer.

So why would a formerly faithful angel choose to rebel against the most powerful being in existence? Apparently it was because of jealousy and envy. He gave himself away when he tempted Jesus by offering him all the kingdoms of the world in exchange for one act of worship.....not continuing worship, but just that one time was enough.

He told the woman a lie in Eden...that she would "be like God" if she ate the forbidden fruit. In reality, by eating the fruit, she would make him into a god by obeying him. He was the one who wanted to "be like God", receiving worship from the only beings in existence who could see him as a god because they were lower, intelligent creatures.

You will also notice that satan did not challenge God's power, because he knew God could snuff out his existence instantly....so why did God let the rebels live? Because the devil challenged God's sovereign right to set reasonable limits for his human creation, who alone were made in his image....i.e. possessing his qualities and moral attributes. If God had simply eliminated the rebels, it would only have demonstrated that he is more powerful, which wasn't the issue. He allowed the rebels to live and to go on their merry way....without his interference because he knew that in the end, when all avenues to rule themselves independently had utterly failed, he could record all that failure in the annals of human history to set precedents that would last for all eternity to come.
Never again could a free willed creature (either angelic or human) oppose God's Universal Sovereignty.
In the Revelation, satan and his followers, both human and angelic are eliminated from existence, never to blight God's purpose again.

I also believe that the devil underestimated God's response in barring the way to the tree of life. His new found 'worshippers' would now die, just as God had said they would, and satan would have to constantly recruit more by the same means....lies and deceit.

As for why Jesus had to become a human......Gods law was "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, life for a life", denoting that an equivalent payment was necessary to satisfy God's perfect justice. What humans lost in Eden was perfect human life, what Jesus offered was his perfect life in exchange.

He is called the "Redeemer" because under Jewish law, a man could sell himself or a child into servitude in order to pay a debt. That situation would stand until the debt was paid.....but if a benefactor came along and paid the debt, the servant was free to go home.

Jesus is our "Redeemer", paying the debt that our forefather Adam left as the awful inheritance for all his children. In Matthew 18:23-35 Jesus gives an illustration of the size of the debt that our sin amounted to in God's eyes and compares it with a debt that we might owe to a fellow human. It gives us an idea of how big a debt Jesus sacrifice paid for.

That is how I have come to appreciate these questions.....

But isn’t the parable of Satan comparable to that of someone who is not only jealous but wants power to ascend equal to that of their master?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
God's son isn't human as such, he is a spirit creature. He came to earth briefly as Jesus, but before and afterwards he was / is in heaven in spirit form. He was created in the likeness of the creator, as we were. This is what makes us special. We weren't intended to die, for example, and some time in the future death will be removed because Jesus, as a human, paid the price of Adam's sin.

Jesus was a human right?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I fail to see your argument. It had to be some life form. Looks like ee won the lottery. Good fortune that.

Jesus is considered “Gods only begotten son.”

If such is true why being the only in existence is he human? If we think logically and take scripture away to think. For example, our planet in conjunction with other planets in different solar systems is relatively young.

Consider this:

University of Birmingham scientists uncover ancient solar system

If Jesus is THE ONLY why choose a human among the possible ancient life forms in the universe? I can only conclude there lies within Christian doctrine an unintended and indirect sense of human egocentrism going on.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Cause god was created by the human image. There's nothing I know so far about the abrahamic god that doesnt share a want/need or has some reflection of the human psych. Some say humans were created in the image of god. If that be so, we would be like god. Image has perfections of the source. Once the image "sins" its no longer make sense to be the imsge od the source since the sourcr cant sin.

So, it has to be human. We dont know god enough to know anything outside of what we were taught to know, experience, and interpret the world. Some people get it, others dont.

But since god (abrahamic) is a reflection of human thought, its got to be human. Abrahamic meaning Jewishx Muslim, and non-trinitarian christian. I lean more towards the jewish god. Since Im not jewish, if I picked out of the three.

Thats my answer. Gotta be. God is made of our image not the other way around.

Mmhmm okay

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Because theologically speaking, "God's Son" existed before taking on human form. So the "Logos" is stated as existing "in the beginning" before humans, or amoebas, or any and all life anywhere in the universe was created. It then says that this "Logos" subsequently took human form in the person of Jesus.

Why become a human in the story? Because the story is about the relationship of humans and God. It's not about other life forms. Perhaps there is an "Amoeba Christ" for the world of amoebas? If so, I'm sure it would not make any sense to us, just as our story of Jesus makes no sense to them, not being human and all. ;)

I can’t believe you guys took the amoeba thing literally

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Jesus is considered “Gods only begotten son.”

If such is true why being the only in existence is he human? If we think logically and take scripture away to think. For example, our planet in conjunction with other planets in different solar systems is relatively young.

Consider this:

University of Birmingham scientists uncover ancient solar system

If Jesus is THE ONLY why choose a human among the possible ancient life forms in the universe? I can only conclude there lies within Christian doctrine an unintended and indirect sense of human egocentrism going on.
What if the other life forms didn't fit the bill?

Rational Agnostic

Too bad. Because of Islam we owe our gratitude in it maintaining both Socratic and Aristotilean thought.

There may be a few valuable philosophical ideas in Islam. I'm not familiar enough with the religion to know one way or another. What I do know about a literal interpretation of the Qur'an is that it promotes violence and misogyny, which is obviously a serious problem. Besides, why can't we just go directly to Socrates and Aristotle if we want to study their ways of thinking?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yes, it was addressed to the King of Tyre, but unless he was a covering cherub in the Garden of Eden, and walked about on the fiery stones, it is more pointedly directed to satan. It is a clear description of satan's fall.
There was no fall until Christianity came around, so it would be nigh impossibly for anything from the Tanakh to before referring to this idea of Satan falling.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It does basically begin with anthropocentric by declaring we are "made in the likeness and image" of god and stating we are above the rest of the natural world.