• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another author to add to my list!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings everybloody -

I have a growing list of books I must get around to reading one day.

The latest is Anne Lamott.

I found this author mentioned on a recent page. If you plug her name into google you can see she has written some interesting books!

So I searched my new favourite quotes site and there are dozens from Anne -

For example -

"Close friendships are one of life's miracles - that a few people get to know you deeply, all your messy or shadowy stuff along with the beauty and sweetness, and they still love you. Not only still love you, but love you more and more deeply. I would do anything for my closest friends, and they would do almost anything for me, and that is about as spiritual a truth as you can get."

"Some people have a thick skin and you don’t. Your heart is really open and that is going to cause pain, but that is an appropriate response to this world. The cost is high, but the blessing of being compassionate is beyond your wildest dreams."

"Your problem is how you are going to spend this one odd and precious life you have been issued. Whether you're going to spend it trying to look good and creating the illusion that you have power over people and
circumstances, or whether you are going to taste it, enjoy it and find out the truth about who you are."

quote-almost-everything-will-work-again-if-you-unplug-it-for-a-few-minutes-including-you-anne-lamott-94-53-18.jpg

You may read a few more quotes by clicking below -

TOP 25 QUOTES BY ANNE LAMOTT (of 647) | A-Z Quotes

There is an article over at Brain Pickings you may like to read as well -

Anne Lamott on the Greatest Gift of Friendship and the Uncomfortable Art of Letting Yourself Be Seen

Enjoy!

:)