• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another 'alien megastructure' found!

David T

Premium Member
Its fun to speculate.....

Then again i live in astoria oregon and factually there is always this rise and dip in sun intensity due to alien stuctures floating by. They're kinda creepy they just show up, sometimes drop mysterious liquid on us and the poof disapear.
manzanita_southmood.jpg
rc

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Statistically, it's highly unlikely. Believing that aliens of a technology level similar or higher than ours exist is a flight of fancy.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Its fun to speculate.....

Then again i live in astoria oregon and factually there is always this rise and dip in sun intensity due to alien stuctures floating by. They're kinda creepy they just show up, sometimes drop mysterious liquid on us and the poof disapear. View attachment 26026 rc

No worries about this being biologically hazardous waste from extraterrestrial beings, because interstellar space travel probes are most likely piloted with robots instead of with biological beings.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Statistically, it's highly unlikely. Believing that aliens of a technology level similar or higher than ours exist is a flight of fancy.

A pair of Canadian astronomers have recently concluded that the signals they've detected from the spectra of 234 stars they've surveyed and analyzed out of 2.5 million spectra may likely be caused by light pulses generated by Extraterrestrial Intelligence to makes us aware of their existence.

"A Fourier transform analysis of 2.5 million spectra in the Sloan Digital Sky Survey was carried out to detect periodic spectral modulations. Signals having the same period were found in only 234 stars overwhelmingly in the F2 to K1 spectral range. The signals cannot be caused by instrumental or data analysis effects because they are present in only a very small fraction of stars within a narrow spectral range and because signal to noise ratio considerations predict that the signal should mostly be detected in the brightest objects, while this is not the case. We consider several possibilities, such as rotational transitions in molecules, rapid pulsations, Fourier transform of spectral lines and signals generated by Extraterrestrial Intelligence (ETI). They cannot be generated by molecules or rapid pulsations. It is highly unlikely that they come from the Fourier transform of spectral lines because too many strong lines located at nearly periodic frequencies are needed. Finally we consider the possibility, predicted in a previous published paper, that the signals are caused by light pulses generated by Extraterrestrial Intelligence to makes us aware of their existence. We find that the detected signals have exactly the shape of an ETI signal predicted in the previous publication and are therefore in agreement with this hypothesis."

[1610.03031] Discovery of peculiar periodic spectral modulations in a small fraction of solar type stars

arXiv.org > astro-ph > arXiv:1610.03031
strophysics > Solar and Stellar Astrophysics
Discovery of peculiar periodic spectral modulations in a small fraction of solar type stars
E.F. Borra, E. Trottier
(Submitted on 10 Oct 2016)

Eventually, we may be able to communicate with some of these 234 presently known possible advanced alien civilizations who might have been advertising their existence throughout the Milky Way.

David T

Premium Member
No worries about this being biologically hazardous waste from extraterrestrial beings, because interstellar space travel probes are most likely piloted with robots instead of with biological beings.
No that is clear headed thinking!!!! I think so much of the debates is 2 genres arguing which genre is real!!!! Neither seem to get out much. The funny thing the least explored and understood genre is in our back yards.

In regards to my personal backyard i present the oregon dunes the inspiration of (inspire mean to breath, breathe into) the SF Book series Dune. Its just as magical as the spice planet Arakis in its own right. .. It literally breathed into frank herbert the book series Dune. Do normal folks get that? Hahahahahahahahahaha... . no.
900_2428148HighRes.jpg

David T

Premium Member
These extra-terrestrial beings around stars with Dyson Sphere's very likely have a type III technologically advanced civilization capable of harnessing enough energy for distant interstellar space travel with long-lived robotic space probes. ...:)

Bte i saw you in that documentary gallaxy quest!!!!! Awesome stuff!!! Loved that documentary.
34370-24796-0.jpg

Duke_Leto

No that is clear headed thinking!!!! I think so much of the debates is 2 genres arguing which genre is real!!!! Neither seem to get out much. The funny thing the least explored and understood genre is in our back yards.

In regards to my personal backyard i present the oregon dunes the inspiration of (inspire mean to breath, breathe into) the SF Book series Dune. Its just as magical as the spice planet Arakis in its own right. .. It literally breathed into frank herbert the book series Dune. Do normal folks get that? Hahahahahahahahahaha... . no. View attachment 26028

As the Duke Leto, I certainly don't.

David T

Premium Member

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
I

I'm a member of MUFON*, SETI, and have been 'casually' (as a donor and contributor) involved with the organization since NASA funded it (or most of it). I believe stats would indicate many, many perhaps millions of intelligent ET's exist. However I was somewhat disappointed by what we call the big or 'great silence'. That is the name for not detecting any radio signals since SETI and others have been searching. The reason for that is in my opinion is 'radio' or even laser is not good technology for communication over interstellar distances. I do think the drake equation takes too much 'artistic license' with the unknowns but still its reasonable to assume most of the variables are valid, therefore the inferences of the equation gives us a reasonable starting point even if its fairly optimistic (IMO).

* MUFON is a less scientific version of searching for ET and EUFO's.

Last edited: