• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Announcement(from George)!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I've got some 5 gallon buckets. I could poke holes in the bottom and cover them with a lid when not in use.
Best thing to do though would be to use one of those clear five gallon water jugs, the kind they use for water coolers in offices, and paint one half of it black. Leave the unpainted side facing the sun.

That way the sun's rays would pass through the clear part and heat up the dark side and the water with it.

You can actually get water close to hot this way on a really sunny day.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Best thing to do though would be to use one of those clear five gallon water jugs, the kind they use for water coolers in offices, and paint one half of it black. Leave the unpainted side facing the sun.

That way the sun's rays would pass through the clear part and heat up the dark side and the water with it.

You can actually get water close to hot this way on a really sunny day.

I shoulda talked to you about this two weeks ago...