• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anna Netrebko has tested positive for COVID-19

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Anna Netrebko is a superb operatic soprano. Her statement reads:

“Hello friends, I want to share with you that I have tested positive for COVID-19 and am currently in the hospital for medical treatment. I am doing well but also have COVID-related pneumonia, so I need medical supervision. I knew of course there was always going to be a risk that I might get infected. But I don’t regret going back to performing because I strongly believe that we need culture, now as ever. I am expected to make a full recovery thanks to the wonderful care I’m receiving. We are very, very grateful that Yusif and Tiago have tested negative for the virus. Yusif has tested positive for antibodies so he is clear to perform, which makes me very happy. Thank you all for the well wishes and continued support.”
I worry about longterm lung issues. Thankfully, she expects a full recovery.

(BTW: Today, September 18, is her birthday.)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We need culture and I hope she makes a full recovery. But -1 for doing something dumb. There's a way to promote culture while being safe.