• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Animal Experience

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
About 10min ago when I went out for a walk up to the gas station to get a drink I came across a black cat. Now when ever I see one of the many cats here outside I try to make friends, well I made a new one. I like when this happens and it made me feel good. I was about a half a block away from the GS and when I got to it finish going there the cat followed me there(I like that). On the way back we(me and the cat) came across a German Shepherd, the cat was wary but I new the dog, I said the dog was a friend and the cat came over and made friends with the dog ^_^ It made this whole day better.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Was the cat spayed or neutered, inasmuch as it was wandering around outside unsupervised?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Was the cat spayed or neutered, inasmuch as it was wandering around outside unsupervised?
Not sure. Knowing the people around here must likely not. Though I hope it is, I love cats though we don't need a bunch running around(at lest not with the way the rednecks here like to deal with some of them)...... But any way. It still made me feel happy.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If it has no collar or license it's a stray, plus you'd be doing the cat and the community a favor.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sounds like he already has a new friend. ;)

Reminds me of my Letterbox cat. Found her outside, sitting near my mailbox. Walked right up to me -- obviously not a feral. She had no tags and an obvious eye infection. I scooped her into my van, took her to the vet, got her spayed and got some antibiotic ountment for her eyes. One eye cleared up immediately, the other took nearly a year of treatment.
Now she's a happy, healthy, friendly house-kitty -- (I don't see her right now, but she's around here somewhere).

MSizer

MSizer
I agree with Seyroni that spaying/neutering is our responsibility to pet animals. I think its unfortunate that there are pet animals at all, but the fact is that there are now, and we have the capacity to help most of them live comfortable lives. The good feeling we get in return is a great reward too 8^) I once wondered wether the right thing to do might be to let the current ferals just die off, and despite the pain they would suffer, it would ultimately be the solution, but of course it didn't take much research to find out that they don't die off, they multiply and damage local ecologies.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
If it has no collar or license it's a stray, plus you'd be doing the cat and the community a favor.
I know what you mean, but it's not like that all the time(I don't put a collar on m y cats). If I get a chance to see it again I might do that. Though I can't take in any more animals. If I could I would.