• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angles and Saxons and Jutes forever

Bear Wild

Let's hear it for Woden. Here there be dragons as well.

Adam%20lily.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-america-first-caucus-marjorie-taylor-greene/ ---

“I weighed each word! Let us have maethlfrith!

Let us have drihtinbeage! We must make America Geat again!

We shall be ruled by bailiffs and reeves,

And we shall give way before the law of Æthelberht!

Three shillings boot if a man strike another with a fist upon the nose!

No feax-fang without sore punishment! Hearken, ceorls!”

Marjorie Green is definitely not Woden's type and would love to see her performing a ritual to Woden in the senate (not holding my breath). If she can read runes I will take back all of the colorful things I have said about her. Her concept of Anglo-Saxon minus the Jutes is more Norman the conqueror style of dictatorial government. Pre roman influenced Germanic tribes would be way to liberal for her. Her even saying Anglo-Saxon at this point in time is referring to the Romanized Anglo-Saxon culture that created strong class distinctions marginalizing the welsh and Scotts while considering the Irish as savages. Would love to see her ancestry dna analysis. I am sure it is not as pure as she would like to be.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Let's hear it for Woden. Here there be dragons as well.

Adam%20lily.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-america-first-caucus-marjorie-taylor-greene/ ---

“I weighed each word! Let us have maethlfrith!

Let us have drihtinbeage! We must make America Geat again!

We shall be ruled by bailiffs and reeves,

And we shall give way before the law of Æthelberht!

Three shillings boot if a man strike another with a fist upon the nose!

No feax-fang without sore punishment! Hearken, ceorls!”
What about the Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Vandals, Franks, Goths, Suebi, Cimbri, Frisii, Chauci, Cherusci, Danes, Lombards, Bergundians, Buri, Hermunduri, Ingaevones, Gaets, Ambrones, Condrusi, and Baiuvarii????

Bear Wild

What about the Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Vandals, Franks, Goths, Suebi, Cimbri, Frisii, Chauci, Cherusci, Danes, Lombards, Bergundians, Buri, Hermunduri, Ingaevones, Gaets, Ambrones, Condrusi, and Baiuvarii????

I agree she missed so many. She should have at least acknowledged the Danes seeing how long they occupied the British isles (she probably uses the Scandinavian word for eggs in the morning) not to mention the significant influence of the Franks. But her real knowledge of history seems is very suspect and seems to be coming from Qanon.

RestlessSoul

Better not forget the Iceni under their legendary warrior queen....

RestlessSoul

This was a Brittonic tribe. I think I listed only Germanic tribes.

Indeed. Boudicca was an original Briton, from long before their was an Anglo Saxon people or culture.

Marjorie Taylor-Greene should probably be looking to the Romans anyway. Isn't the US Constitution broadly based on the principles of Roman law? Don't think the Saxons ever had a Senate, though the Kingdom of Wessex had a Parliament of sorts.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Indeed. Boudicca was an original Briton, from long before their was an Anglo Saxon people or culture.

Marjorie Taylor-Greene should probably be looking to the Romans anyway. Isn't the US Constitution broadly based on the principles of Roman law? Don't think the Saxons ever had a Senate, though the Kingdom of Wessex had a Parliament of sorts.
Boudicca is Brittonic Celt. Angles, Saxons, and Anglo-Saxons are Germanic. They are different ethnicities, so it begs to be asked why a Celtic queen would be included with a list of Germanic tribes? It seems like including Xerxes I in a list of pre-Islamic Arabic tribes.