• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anger

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
This thread is inspired by a couple of posts that made me raise an eyebrow.

In one post, a member said that he becomes angry when someone asks direct questions about his religious beliefs because he felt that such beliefs should be private. In another post, a member stated that if one isn't angry about the state of our world, one isn't paying attention.

The reason these comments gave me pause is I live in such a way as to eliminate anger completely, as I see it as an entirely unproductive emotion that does little more than create drama as a result of judgment of myself and others. While there are circumstances in this reality that are unfavorable and perhaps should change, I see anger accomplishing little more than needless suffering.

What are your thoughts? Do you see anything productive in being angry? If so, how?

Anger doesn't usually accomplish anything productive. May I suggest when things start getting tense, we diffuse this tension by way of writing in relaxing pink colors and happy face emojis.
.....:)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I was just reading the Gospel of Ramikrishna last night, specifically the Parable of the Snake that Refused to Hiss.

A person who is angry at an unfair situation might be motivated to do something about it. A lot of good things have been accomplished due to people being angry and wanting a change.

"The powers within us that we deny become our demons."

I could have written any of these three points. But let me try to integrate them: Anger denied will erupt sooner or later. Anger is not necessary in many situations. Anger can be harnessed as steam can power an engine. Wise is the person who can integrate all of this within. I'm not there yet.

Earthling

David Henson
Well, I knew a guy that was like that. He would go to any measure to remove anything in his world that would make him angry. It's like he would just shut down. I used to watch this unnatural process from a safe distance outside of, at least his isolation, and it reminded me of watching some spoiled child slink into itself like a turtle. And he would explain to me, from time to time, how this made him feel superior to the average Joe.

I have never known such a repressed, deluded Jerk. Isolated, he selected his surroundings like some pansy little pilgarlic ****!

I couldn't, uh . . . I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. . .

Anger is a natural feeling. So long as one doesn't allow an imbalance to overcome one it's best to let it take it's course, because what might take it's place is an insidious, selfish illusion that leads to some pretty dark places.