• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anger

DreamQuickBook

One of the things I will never understand about modern Satanists, is how prone they are to being angry all the time. Has anyone else experienced this? I've never understood Satan to be this angry, pissed off god. He is the god of the instincts, of the animals, of the earth; not a god of hatred and outrage. What is there to be outraged by? Outrage is a weakness and a distraction, and yet so many Satanists are outraged about... well, about everything! Like other religions, Satanism is quickly becoming a "the world sucks and doesn't live according to MY IDEALS!" kind of institution. Really, is that necessary? Whatever happened to indulgence, freedom of thought and action, kindness, laughter and play! Satanism should be lighthearted in spirit, not angry and hateful.

We human animals have the greatest potential for fun and enjoyment and yet we spend so much time miserable and angry. Why? It doesn't make sense.

Is the entire world's civilizations working against Satanic principles? For the most part, yes they are. But why can't people be happy to quietly work against these other ideologies? Why be angry? Why wish that things were other than they are? If you hate something, do everything in your power to change it. (Don't make a big deal, don't let your enemies see you coming. And don't whine and complain that things aren't changing fast enough)

Satan accepts the human as they are, human. Why can we not, as Satanists, accept the world in the same way? Even with all its' flaws?

KirbyFan101

Resident Ball of Fluff
Actually, Modern Satanists are the least likely of all people to be angry, as we have a simple yet isolated method of expressing our hate, dubbed Lesser Magic.

Maybe you have just met a bad bunch.:rolleyes:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jocose Satan said:
One of the things I will never understand about modern Satanists, is how prone they are to being angry all the time. Has anyone else experienced this? I've never understood Satan to be this angry, pissed off god. He is the god of the instincts, of the animals, of the earth; not a god of hatred and outrage. What is there to be outraged by? Outrage is a weakness and a distraction, and yet so many Satanists are outraged about... well, about everything! Like other religions, Satanism is quickly becoming a "the world sucks and doesn't live according to MY IDEALS!" kind of institution. Really, is that necessary? Whatever happened to indulgence, freedom of thought and action, kindness, laughter and play! Satanism should be lighthearted in spirit, not angry and hateful.

We human animals have the greatest potential for fun and enjoyment and yet we spend so much time miserable and angry. Why? It doesn't make sense.

Is the entire world's civilizations working against Satanic principles? For the most part, yes they are. But why can't people be happy to quietly work against these other ideologies? Why be angry? Why wish that things were other than they are? If you hate something, do everything in your power to change it. (Don't make a big deal, don't let your enemies see you coming. And don't whine and complain that things aren't changing fast enough)

Satan accepts the human as they are, human. Why can we not, as Satanists, accept the world in the same way? Even with all its' flaws?
Real anger aimed at one particular aspect of people can often be a reflection of an inner fear of being seen to be that way, by the person who feels the anger (If that makes sense).

One example is of people who get riled by those who are wealthy - it can often be because they are actually scared of becoming focussed on being wealthy themselves.:)

DreamQuickBook

KirbyFan101 said:
Actually, Modern Satanists are the least likely of all people to be angry, as we have a simple yet isolated method of expressing our hate, dubbed Lesser Magic.

Maybe you have just met a bad bunch.:rolleyes:

Maybe I have, because, if one actually practices modern satanic philosophy, there is no reason to be angry all the time; yet many of the modern satanists I have met are angry... (a better word would be "outraged" or even "paranoid")... most of the time.

That kind of anxiety just isn't healthy.

---------
Michel said:
Real anger aimed at one particular aspect of people can often be a reflection of an inner fear of being seen to be that way, by the person who feels the anger (If that makes sense).

One example is of people who get riled by those who are wealthy - it can often be because they are actually scared of becoming focussed on being wealthy themselves.

This is very true. Another cause is repression. Once people repress their own natures, they have a feeling of "missing out" on something; but instead of changing themselves, the become angry at those who indulge in their natures and allow themselves to do what they really want to do.

Self-Deceit and repression cause all kinds of emotional tension within an individuals psyche.

Fluffy

A fool
Heya Jocose,

In my personal experience, many Satanists are prone to confrontational or blunt comments. I don't think this is a bad thing, just different. However, if one is not expecting it or is insecure then anger is a natural response to such things and a situation can quickly escalate from there.

For example, I remember visiting a link to a Satanist forum from this site. I looked through many of the threads and found many posts which could easily ruffle a few feathers as well as a general attitude that it was not the posters concern if offence was taken. Fair enough but with such an attitude, heightened anger in Satanists is going to be more evident.

I remember on the same board, there was some posts from one Satanist (in his 30s) who I immediatly respected and who was evidently respected by many of the other Satanists on that board. The tone and content of his posts were the same as others on the board but the style was radically different. I don't know if I could accurately describe the difference but it is similar to the difference between Michel's signature and the sentence "If you don't like me then go away" (no prizes for guessing which is similar to which).

DreamQuickBook

That isn't really what I am getting at. I'm talking about Anger. Not what people are saying or how they are saying it, but what they are feeling.

Fluffy

A fool
That isn't really what I am getting at. I'm talking about Anger. Not what people are saying or how they are saying it, but what they are feeling.
Sorry yes I rambled quite a bit in that last post. To put it more concisely: I agree with you that many modern Satanists are prone to anger and that such a condition, at least in the Satanist communities I have looked at, seems to be caused by a blunt and confrontational way of speaking.

DreamQuickBook

Fluffy said:
Sorry yes I rambled quite a bit in that last post. To put it more concisely: I agree with you that many modern Satanists are prone to anger and that such a condition, at least in the Satanist communities I have looked at, seems to be caused by a blunt and confrontational way of speaking.

It isn't caused by a blunt and confrontational way of speaking, their way of speaking is caused by their anger.

Fluffy

A fool
It isn't caused by a blunt and confrontational way of speaking, their way of speaking is caused by their anger.
Ah perhaps you are right. In your opinion, what do you feel might be causing such anger?

DreamQuickBook

Fluffy said:
Ah perhaps you are right. In your opinion, what do you feel might be causing such anger?

Feelings of rejection or being different. Lots of people come to Satanism because they want to be different and "scary". They feel like the world isn't just and so they lash out.

There is an amazing feeling of empowerment in Satanism, but sometimes, the anger doesn't fade, and the person is now angry and motivated.

Reactions: Pah

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jocose Satan said:
Feelings of rejection or being different. Lots of people come to Satanism because they want to be different and "scary". They feel like the world isn't just and so they lash out.

There is an amazing feeling of empowerment in Satanism, but sometimes, the anger doesn't fade, and the person is now angry and motivated.
Is that really true? (about why people become satanists). As a guy I know always says, "No one has ever said the world is supposed to be fair" -the fact that some who go to Satanism as a 'statement' remain angry sounds as if it's not really a solution; anger is just like cancer - if you can't shift it, it eats away at you.

If I may ask, is that why you became a satanist ? - and if so, has your anger gone ? - you don't come across as an angry person.:)

DreamQuickBook

michel said:
Is that really true? (about why people become satanists). As a guy I know always says, "No one has ever said the world is supposed to be fair" -the fact that some who go to Satanism as a 'statement' remain angry sounds as if it's not really a solution; anger is just like cancer - if you can't shift it, it eats away at you.

If I may ask, is that why you became a satanist ? - and if so, has your anger gone ? - you don't come across as an angry person.:)

It's a real problem. Another reason people like Satanism is because of "black magic" and the use of "evil demons". I get very bored with people like this. Angry people. People who want to practice "black magic" blah blah blah. People after power that they don't have to earn themselves. *yuck*

I'd imagine that if Satan exists, if he showed up, Satanists would be on His list of people to smack around.

However, there are many Satanists who simply live as animals, who don't buy into this idea that humans are created in the image of some supernatural god. The basis of the religion is the indulgence of our human nature, as opposed to abstinence of human nature. The satanist is the only religious individual (maybe besides stoics) that don't try to abstain from some human impulse. We don't need a moral code, because we have reason and instinct. Of course, we don't need anger and black magic either, lol. But, people like to do rituals and if it makes them happy, I'm all for it. It sounds fun. I just hope they don't need it. We are free. We have no universal law. In that way, we may be the only people that are morally free. (Of course, this type of moral freedom is dangerous and only works out well for us when we value reason and honor).

KirbyFan101

Resident Ball of Fluff
Jocose Satan said:
It's a real problem. Another reason people like Satanism is because of "black magic" and the use of "evil demons". I get very bored with people like this. Angry people. People who want to practice "black magic" blah blah blah. People after power that they don't have to earn themselves. *yuck*
I agree. Especially since there is no black magic in Satanism. These people will never be Satanists on any level.

Jocose Satan said:
I'd imagine that if Satan exists, if he showed up, Satanists would be on His list of people to smack around.
I think Satan would smack most people around :D

Jocose Satan said:
I just hope they don't need it. We are free. We have no universal law. In that way, we may be the only people that are morally free. (Of course, this type of moral freedom is dangerous and only works out well for us when we value reason and honor).
You should perform a ritual, it might just change your mind.

But that said, why did you ask a question when you already had the "answer" in mind?

Serpens

Anger is a completely natural human emotion. When we are wronged, we feel anger. Not to be confused with annoyance, of course.

It's okay to be angry, but the Satanist must ask themself "Why am I angry? What can do to alleviate this?"

DreamQuickBook

Serpens said:
Anger is a completely natural human emotion. When we are wronged, we feel anger. Not to be confused with annoyance, of course.

It's okay to be angry, but the Satanist must ask themself "Why am I angry? What can do to alleviate this?"

It's ok to be angry if you have a reason, but to be angry all the time? That's just pathetic. Life is too much fun to be so damn depressed all the time! :)

Draka

Wonder Woman
It seems to me that those who are seeming to be in a constant state of anger are no more Satanists than every kid who wears a pentacle to cause shock is a witch.

It appears to be the same problem that Wicca suffers as well. People ASSUME certain qualities about these religions and while they might do a little research into real information about it...they prescribe more to what they've heard or what they expect it to be. This does nothing but harm to Satanists and Wiccans and the view others hold of them...because it is these people who strive to put themselves out there and claim a name to themselves that they, as a person, do not truly represent.

DreamQuickBook

Draka said:
It seems to me that those who are seeming to be in a constant state of anger are no more Satanists than every kid who wears a pentacle to cause shock is a witch.

It appears to be the same problem that Wicca suffers as well. People ASSUME certain qualities about these religions and while they might do a little research into real information about it...they prescribe more to what they've heard or what they expect it to be. This does nothing but harm to Satanists and Wiccans and the view others hold of them...because it is these people who strive to put themselves out there and claim a name to themselves that they, as a person, do not truly represent.

Who is to say who truly represents who? People talk about "True Christians" and "True Muslims" and "True Buddhists", blah blah blah. There is no such thing. A religion doesn't constitute certain behaviors or personalities. A Religion constitutes ritual and worldview. It is impossible to say that a person who claims to be a Satanist is not a Satanist, as there is no standard for what a Satanists really, truly is. As terrible as Christians are to non-Christians, they are far worse amongst themselves, always setting standards for what it means to be a "True Christian" or a "good Christian". *yuck* It's pathetic how many Satanists buy into this kind of thinking. This is all immature insecurity. People need to feel like their version of things is right and everyone else is wrong. It's so utterly PC to avoid making generalizations where you have every rational reason to make them.

Every religion is filled with some pretty screwed up people, because a majority of people are pretty screwed up; at least ;) once you get to know them. When civilization provides no identity to individuals, the soul cries out. It will do all kinds of things to stand out, to be different. It cannot stand to be suffocated in conformity.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Greetings All,

I just happened across this thread about Anger and it peaked my interest. It seems many of you have run across those who in my opinion are only posing as Satanists for what ever reason. Anger, love, hate, compassion, etc. are all vital human emotions. To be filled with hate and anger all the time is simply a waste of energies that can be spent on more positive and creative purposes.

As a follower of the LHP I am not anti-Christian, I don't hate the religion or its followers, I simply do not accept it. Live and let live is my motto. A lot of Satanists have a misanthropic view of humanity, in some cases I really don't blame them, the world is full of fools. I personally do not dwell upon it, I have too many other things going on in my life which take up most of my time, my music and my work and relationships.

In my opinion and experience, one out of 20 people who call themsevles Satanists or Black Magicians are for real, there are a lot of posers out there. Personally, I do practice the LaVeyian law that if someone bothers you, ask them to stop, if they don't I would ask them in a more forceful voice to cease and decest. If they still don't get the hint - destroy them.:bat: I employ a three strikes your out approach.

Just thought I'd put my two cents in.

/Adramelek\

Satanix

Setian Medic
Your first statement seemed a bit "blankety." No atheist would ever get away with saying: "All Catholics molest young boys." Why? Because, we know not all of them do. This shows me that you have met one or two that are a bit more irritable than others, or that they had a rational reason for being angry, and you didn't like it. We are a society that teaches people to run away from their anger, a perfectly rational emotion. If I have a rational reason for being angry, I am not going to bog myself down with hypocritical deceptive reasons for why I should not be angry for the issue at hand. Anger can subside just like love or compassion, and our society never has taboos associated with those emotions, just anger. My theory behind this is, our fads and pop culture is running away from the acceptance of the "Human Animal." We aren't that, we can't be evolutionary creatures like lions, tigers or bears! Okay, so we have much higher intellect, it didn't evolve so we can use it to run away from our foundational instincts, we have it to rationalize why we have them.

This is what Anton meant by a society that heralds the coward. Now, compulsive anger is unbalanced and irrational. Those individuals, that you mentioned, are susceptible to getting the crap kicked out of them because they are pop cultural satanists, their bible is lyrics in metal/rock songs that millionaires think satanism is.

Anger is natural and is necessary for the continuation of our species. If we were all like Buddha, Jesus, or Lao Tzu our world be extinct because, some other species would destroy us. If we became rugs to be stepped on and never became angry when someone took something or stepped out of line and disrespected us, the people who sparked our angered response would be alive and we would be dead. Incremental stimuli, if they don't react when I take their stuff, they won't react when I take their family, or maybe their life. Little by little the people who would take advantage of you will, and the more they can get away with the more they will get away with.

Does this mean we should resort to "pre-venge"? I don't see prevenge as rational, just wreak-less and stupid. If someone provokes me (and that takes alot to do) I am justified in making sure they know that they upset me. That doesn't always mean a violent response, but I make sure they know, body language is good lesser magic in a very ignorant day in age.