• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anger on the spiritual path

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow seekers!

There is a lot to be angry about when you look at the state of the world.

So I had a little search and found this site -

So many of us have grown in households where “negative” emotions like sadness and anger were frowned upon. We weren’t allowed to express those emotions, and overtime, we learned to suppress them in order to be accepted and to avoid being reprimanded. However, I’ve learned in my journey that working with these very emotions is what brings us true freedom. And today, a wonderful writer, Brianna shares how working with anger can actually help your spiritual growth. Here’s what she shares.

As people begin the spiritual awakening process, there can be a tendency to gloss over negative emotions for fear that they will prevent progress. Spiritual people are typically more sensitive, aware, and motivated to behave in a conscious manner. For this reason, they can struggle to know what to do with anger, frustration, and resentment, and they avoid working with anger in their spiritual journey.

For more - visit this site -

How Working With Anger Can Help Your Spiritual Growth, by Brianna

Plus the suggested searches -

Anger spiritual growth

All the best!

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
I think for this purpose there are wrathful deities / Buddha forms in tantric forms of Hinduism and Buddhism, to "contemplate" your anger without being carried away by it.