• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angels website

Scott1

This poor forum was empty... so here's a thread about angels!
:bounce

A great site for angels:

Angels on the Web

This site holds more than 1,200 resources about Angels. It includes FAQs, Christian, Jewish and Muslim authorities, debate, controversy and over 900 pictures of angels, from Medieval manuscripts to fantasy art.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Fascinating link, Scott! Thank you so much for posting it! (I don't think I was even aware that we had this forum. I might have said something earlier in it if I had!)

may

The word Angel means messenger, and the book of revelation tell us that there is good news being made known ,here it is in revelation 14;6

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people, .................i think the angels are very busy in this time that we live in ,they are doing the will of Jehovah God, of coarse these would be the angels that are working inline and in unity with Gods purpose........... we all know what the angels who are out of line with Jehovah God are doing , they are oppossing the Good angels of God , and working for the resisters the bad angels(satan the devil and his demons) so then will good triumph over evil? Angels do effect us more than most people think they do.

may

Bless Jehovah, O you angels of his, mighty in power, carrying out his word, psalm 103 20-21

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Gandharvas are spiritual beings of the air. They orbit the Earth on a fairly regular schedule. They are musical and the enlightened hear their song as they pass overhead.

...Just thought I might add a bit of Hindu folklore....

may

Thus, I tell you, joy arises among the angels of God over one sinner that repents. luke 15;10

may

Angels are spirit creatures—invisible, powerful, intelligent. In the Bible, the Hebrew word mal·’akh´ and the Greek term ag´ge·los are translated "angel" when a spirit creature is indicated. These words occur nearly 400 times in the Bible. Both have the same meaning, that is, "messenger.

may

the Bible reports that in one night a single angel destroyed 185,000 Assyrian soldiers.—2 Kings 19:35. wow they must be very powerful indeed.

Quamen

Citsonga
Thanks for the links :) I have always found the idea of angels fascinating and love the Christian angelic hierarchy intriguing stuff.

Quamen

may

Thanks for the links :) I have always found the idea of angels fascinating and love the Christian angelic hierarchy intriguing stuff.

Quamen
[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]How Angels Can Help You - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial, helvetica]God's Word confirms the existence of angels. It tells us that there are millions of these spirit creatures.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]2. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]The Truth About Angels - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial, helvetica]How does the current thinking about angels measure up to Bible truth?[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]3. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]What Can Angels Do for You? - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial, helvetica]What is behind the current fascination with angels?[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]4. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]Do You Have a Guardian Angel? - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial, helvetica]Do you believe that you have a guardian angel? Many people think that they do.[/FONT][/SIZE]

MORE LINKS ABOUT ANGELS

Dream Angel

I would hope angels do exist, otherwise it proves the whole of the bible is fiction! As wasnt it supposed to be an angel who came to Mary and Joseph to tell them about Jesus? I havent looked at the link of the OP yet, but will do! :)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I attended a prayer and instruction meeting in the 80's.
It was led by our priest.
The subject came up about angles and we were asked what we knew about them.
apart from a few patron saints and the archangel Gabriel the answer was not a lot.
We had a very quiet member who had quite a different answer... he knew every thing about angels their order, their duties, their powers all in fine detail.

To day How many of us have even an over view of the angels in our particular religion?

Do we believe in them to the extent we perhaps should?
Are they even important in the life of a Christian?
Why have they taken such a back seat?
Do we actually need to believe in all these layers of Angels to be a Christian?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I attended a prayer and instruction meeting in the 80's.
It was led by our priest.
The subject came up about angles and we were asked what we knew about them.
apart from a few patron saints and the archangel Gabriel the answer was not a lot.
We had a very quiet member who had quite a different answer... he knew every thing about angels their order, their duties, their powers all in fine detail.

To day How many of us have even an over view of the angels in our particular religion?

Do we believe in them to the extent we perhaps should?
Are they even important in the life of a Christian?
Why have they taken such a back seat?
Do we actually need to believe in all these layers of Angels to be a Christian?

I guess that is the group into which I would fit; as to your last questions, I can honestly say that I haven't a clue.....

What are your own views on this, Terry?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I guess that is the group into which I would fit; as to your last questions, I can honestly say that I haven't a clue.....

What are your own views on this, Terry?

As our knowledge about Angels mostly come from the OT, probably based on even earlier religions. I do not consider the details about them as very important.

However even the NT does not dismiss them.
In my estimation they emanate as messengers of God... probably not as winged creatures, but in what ever guise he chooses to send them.

I suspect there is a closer relationship between Saints and Angels than we are taught.
Perhaps Saints do sometimes take on the duties of Angels, it would not surprise me.

may

As our knowledge about Angels mostly come from the OT, probably based on even earlier religions. I do not consider the details about them as very important.

However even the NT does not dismiss them.
In my estimation they emanate as messengers of God... probably not as winged creatures, but in what ever guise he chooses to send them.

I suspect there is a closer relationship between Saints and Angels than we are taught.
Perhaps Saints do sometimes take on the duties of Angels, it would not surprise me.
the angels are very busy as
(Revelation 14:6) says. And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people,.................. they are inline with Gods purpose for the earth . and Gods purpose is for the GOODNEWS to be made known in all nations . matthew 24;14 ..mark 13;10
so people are making it known ,and the Angels are right behind us .