• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angels vs Gods

Scott1

Fascist Christ said:
IN YOUR OWN WORDS, what makes angels different from the gods of polytheism?
Angels are part of my faith.... the "gods" of polytheism, are not.:D

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I see Angels as Servants of God In heaven. They are not gods or in competition with God.
Like our souls they are of God.

Terry
_________________________-
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.

Fascist Christ

Terrywoodenpic said:
I see Angels as Servants of God In heaven.
Why would god need servants?

Terrywoodenpic said:
They are not gods or in competition with God.
Like our souls they are of God.
Polytheists usually believe that the gods come from one god, ie: they are "of" god. This would be like a god of gods, or a "god the father." Usually, they have their own free will, but this does not mean that they are always in competition with the father god.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Well, from a Christian point of view (and that's, I assume, what you want), the angels are not gods because they are creatures created by God. Of course, this might also be true of some pagan gods (I'm not sure, though, they always seem to be begotten rather than created, at least the ones I can think of) but if this is the case then they wouldn't be gods at all from a Christian perspective.

James

Awe4God

The difference is that angels never betrayed God, the supreme Creator. Pagan gods were once angels and like their leader, Satan, they have fabricated lies and weaved webs of deceit so that mortal men and women would worship them as god, since that is what they want out of their betrayal. For Satan is even describes ad the god of the air in the Bible, the Egyptian gods are spoken of as entities to go to war with, Baal, Ashterah, Moloch, Zeus and Artemis are all describes as wicked spirits and combated against by mortals and angels alike.
On the surface, however, there is no difference; they are the same thing.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Hierarchy.

We have such in this world....can you not see it coming in the next?

'Almighty'...is the term of distinction.
No one greater, and His will shall win over all opposition.

I strongly suspect, it ties into His ability to create.

Can your will supersede His?
Same for the angels....though they might have greater ability than you.