• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the Next President of the United States will be....

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I wish Kucinich would win the Democratic primary. He's a true liberal who can take on anyone he wants with guns swinging.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
GeneCosta said:
I wish Kucinich would win the Democratic primary. He's a true liberal who can take on anyone he wants with guns swinging.

I am always curious to know if Kucinich supporters have read 1984. Have you? If you have, what do you think of his proposal to create a Department of Peace?
When I watched him say that in the Democratic debates, I almost fell out of my chair. I thought it was a joke.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
comprehend said:
I am always curious to know if Kucinich supporters have read 1984. Have you? If you have, what do you think of his proposal to create a Department of Peace?
When I watched him say that in the Democratic debates, I almost fell out of my chair. I thought it was a joke.

Are you trying to draw a relation to the fictional Ministry of Peace? :D

des

Who just said Gore/Obama. That would be great. Gore already won once.
:) This would be a very smart team. It would be great for Obama to get
more experience. It's the one thing I worry about him, though I really like him. It is easier for inexperienced people to be manipulated. OTOH, Obama is very thoughtful and so I trust he would surround himself with good people.

Yes, re the environment. I think that we need someone paying attention to this, and not inviting science fiction writers to the White house to talk on global warming.

BTW, our governor (Richardson-- New Mexico) is running (gosh who isn't??) or says he might run he won't tell us yet. hahaha. He actually, I was surprised to learn has a lot of experience. NM is such a mess though I think that would be a disadvantage. We are a very poor state though, as they go. A large chunk of the Navajo nation doesn't even have running water.
Anyway, if he does run I wouldn't vote for him in a primary. But if it was between Hillary and Richardson, I would take Richardson.

--des

Maize said:
...He won't win the Democratic nomination, but I will support Kucinich anyway. Personally, I would love to see a Gore/Obama ticket. I think much, much more attention needs to be given to climate and environmental issues and no other politician is doing that except for Gore and, on a smaller scale, Kucinich.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
GeneCosta said:
Are you trying to draw a relation to the fictional Ministry of Peace? :D

yes but only because of the similarity of the names. I have no idea what Kucinich actually wanted to do with his department of peace. I just thought it was a tragic choice of a name. How could one help but think of the Ministry of Peace?