• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And The Gaff's Live On

ecco

Veteran Member
I agreed with almost every decision he came to as far as the economy, national defense, and border security was concerned.

the economy:
He inherited a very good economy from eight years of Obama.
By not taking strong steps to clamp down on COVID, he failed the economy.

national defense:
By not taking strong steps to clamp down on COVID, he contributed to one of the highest ratios of deaths per capita in the world. He failed to defend those Americans who died unnecessarily.
He made the world more dangerous by pulling out of the Iran nuke agreement.

border security:
He built fifteen miles of new wall - which American taxpayers, not Mexico, paid for.

esmith

Veteran Member
the economy:
He inherited a very good economy from eight years of Obama.
By not taking strong steps to clamp down on COVID, he failed the economy.

national defense:
By not taking strong steps to clamp down on COVID, he contributed to one of the highest ratios of deaths per capita in the world. He failed to defend those Americans who died unnecessarily.
He made the world more dangerous by pulling out of the Iran nuke agreement.

border security:
He built fifteen miles of new wall - which American taxpayers, not Mexico, paid for.
You have your opinion, which are you right ; however I do not have to agree with your opinions.
In addition you and others have to respects others rights to their opinion, which seems to be lacking among many.

ecco

Veteran Member
You have your opinion, which are you right ; however I do not have to agree with your opinions.
In addition you and others have to respects others rights to their opinion, which seems to be lacking among many.
You tell me I have to respect other's opinions. Yet you do not say you respect my opinions. You only say I have the right to have them.

Nevertheless, I did not post my opinions. I posted verifiable facts. Facts which you did not address. If you disagree with the facts I posted, then you should be able to easily refute them.

esmith

Veteran Member
You tell me I have to respect other's opinions. Yet you do not say you respect my opinions. You only say I have the right to have them.

Nevertheless, I did not post my opinions. I posted verifiable facts. Facts which you did not address. If you disagree with the facts I posted, then you should be able to easily refute them.
To set your mind at ease, and spell it out for you. I respects everyones opinions.
To you second point, I really don't have the time or inclnation to play games with you.

esmith

Veteran Member
So, you disagree with facts but can't support your views. Not surprising. Nothing we haven't seen before.
No, I disagee with opinions. Whereas you may take "facts" and bend them to your opinion then treat your opinion as facts.
Not playing that game.

ecco

Veteran Member
No, I disagee with opinions. Whereas you may take "facts" and bend them to your opinion then treat your opinion as facts.
Not playing that game.
Lame. I clearly showed what I posted was not opinion but corroborated facts.

However, you are free to live in your alternate universe.

esmith

Veteran Member
Lame. I clearly showed what I posted was not opinion but corroborated facts.

However, you are free to live in your alternate universe.
All of your "facts" on post #41 is opinon, and that is my opinion.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
It's not as though any of us thought Biden was
a rocket scientist anyway. His goofs & lapses
are no surprise.
I nevertheless find it fascinating how many American conservatives are seemingly outraged over Biden's actions, when they would have wholeheartedly supported those exact policies and behaviors if they were coming from their own man.
(See e.g. the children-in-cages thread)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I nevertheless find it fascinating how many American conservatives are seemingly outraged over Biden's actions, when they would have wholeheartedly supported those exact policies and behaviors if they were coming from their own man.
(See e.g. the children-in-cages thread)
It's how partisan politics works.
Each side is outraged at the other.
My secret is to expect things outrageous.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All of your "facts" on post #41 is opinon, and that is my opinion.
Let's see if that is the case or not:

border security:

"However, only 80 miles of new barriers have been built where there were none before - that includes 47 miles of primary wall, and 33 miles of secondary wall built to reinforce the initial barrier.

The vast majority of the 452 miles is replacing existing structures at the border that had been built by previous US administrations."

Trump's wall: How much has been built during his term?

Wow, I guess that last one was opinion. He was wrong when he said only fifteen miles. Forty-seven would have been the correct number.

The last time I looked Mexico had not paid for the wall, but I have heard that the check is in the mail.

ecco

Veteran Member
Wow, I guess that last one was opinion. He was wrong when he said only fifteen miles. Forty-seven would have been the correct number.

I guess it depends on where you look. (All red emphases mine)

Fact check: Donald Trump has built more border wall than meme claims

Sept 2020

On June 23, the Los Angeles Times reported that of the 216 miles built since Trump took office, just 3 miles were "constructed in locations where no barriers previously existed." The rest were replacement walls or secondary to existing walls.

That figure seems to have grown a bit over the summer, too – on Aug. 7, the San Antonio Express-News reported that of the then-260 miles completed, a total of 5 miles were new.
Trump's Border Wall: Where Does It Stand? - FactCheck.org
Dec 2020
But to date only about 40 miles of such new fencing have been built.
Unfortunately, I did not post the link to where I saw 15 miles - my bad.

Trump wall: How much has he actually built?

Oct 2020
_115042213_how_much_wall_640x2-nc.png

NOTE THE SOURCE ON THE CHART.

Last edited:

esmith

Veteran Member
The views people on the right have are given to them by their intellectual leaders (RW newsmakers). Esmith doesn't have an answer because he hasn't heard one yet.
That's how the conservative culture operates. Think bovine
Knock it off!!!
There is no reason to get personal.
I should just ding you with the moderators but I wont.