• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And people wonder why they're called "Gun Nuts"

Skwim

Veteran Member
"40 Armed Gun Advocates Intimidate Mothers Against Gun Violence
In A Restaurant Parking Lot

open-carry-texas-moms-demand-action-gun-555x403.jpg

On Saturday, nearly 40 armed men, women, and children waited outside a Dallas, Texas area restaurant to protest a membership meeting for the state chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a gun safety advocacy group formed in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

According to a spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action (MDA), the moms were inside the Blue Mesa Grill when members of Open Carry Texas (OCT) — an open carry advocacy group — “pull[ed] up in the parking lot and start[ed] getting guns out of their trunks.” The group then waited in the parking lot for the four MDA members to come out. The spokeswoman said that the restaurant manager did not want to call 911, for fear of “inciting a riot” and waited for the gun advocates to leave.

This is not the first time that gun advocates have rallied at MDA events. In March, a group of armed men crashed a MDA gun-control rally in Indianapolis. Other gun advocate groups will hold rallies this upcoming December 14th, the anniversary date of the Sandy Hook shooting. "

source

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
good lord, what do they possibly hope to accomplish by terrifying these people. If you ask me these people were one step short of holding these women hostage.

CMike

:clap Good for them.

I doubt they were trying to intimidate them.

They were proudly demonstrating their constitutional right.

CMike

"40 Armed Gun Advocates Intimidate Mothers Against Gun Violence
In A Restaurant Parking Lot

open-carry-texas-moms-demand-action-gun-555x403.jpg

On Saturday, nearly 40 armed men, women, and children waited outside a Dallas, Texas area restaurant to protest a membership meeting for the state chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a gun safety advocacy group formed in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

According to a spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action (MDA), the moms were inside the Blue Mesa Grill when members of Open Carry Texas (OCT) — an open carry advocacy group — “pull[ed] up in the parking lot and start[ed] getting guns out of their trunks.” The group then waited in the parking lot for the four MDA members to come out. The spokeswoman said that the restaurant manager did not want to call 911, for fear of “inciting a riot” and waited for the gun advocates to leave.

This is not the first time that gun advocates have rallied at MDA events. In March, a group of armed men crashed a MDA gun-control rally in Indianapolis. Other gun advocate groups will hold rallies this upcoming December 14th, the anniversary date of the Sandy Hook shooting. "

source

Of course only left wing groups should be allowed to rally.:rolleyes:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

That goal would be better served by a few posters than by the guns themselves, don't you think?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No. The point is to demonstrate the right to bear arms.

That it freaks out liberals is just icing on the cake.

Yes... but for who?

If you ask me, this benefits gun opposers more than anyone else. Not that I personally mind.

freethinker44

Really? Do you actually believe what you are saying or are you saying it simply because you feel you have to defend the gun group because you have a common interest? You know you don't have to do that, right?

Edit: BTW, it's stuff like this that drove me away from defending second amendment rights.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Really? Do you actually believe what you are saying or are you saying it simply because you feel you have to defend the gun group because you have a common interest? You know you don't have to do that, right?
Perhaps he's reacting to the over-reaction to a protest where only sensibilities were injured.
Ho hum....at least Skwim can feel like he has a bigger penis than those guys (post #6).
There's value in that.

Uberpod

Hold your own rally with your puny little weapons dangling. But, don't crash my party unless you come correct.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
What sort of well regulated militia does this? If you wish to show the importance of the second amendment - you should do so by using the first; use argument and evidence to convince people of the merits of your position - rather than attempting to intimidate like petty little schoolyard bullies, drunken thugs and this trash.

CMike

I completely support them.

The lefties had a rally and they had a counter rally.

Bringing your gun to a pro guns right rally makes a lot of sense.

The OP press release is from a far left organization. I doubt they were trying to intimidate them.

They were proudly demonstrating their right.

Excellent for them:clap