• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And It Is Not A Crisis?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Esmith strikes me as a stand up guy, & one who treats
all people well. This cannot be said of some here.
Like I said: glad to hear it.

Since @esmith 's newfound concern about the pandemic is unquestionably sincere, I trust we'll be hearing about all the other measures he'd like to see... and not just the ones that involve making life even more difficult for vulnerable people.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Perhaps. He may have been taken in by the governor of Texas this time.

The governor of Texas has to know better. He abused some facts to make xenophobic statements about illegal immigrants to try to cover up his stupid actions.
I don't know the governor of Texas at all, so I can't
speak for him. But Esmith, who seems a former
jarhead, is even kind to this felonious draft dodger.
Now that is tolerance.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think migrants are looking for a better standard of life. Asking others to lower theirs as an accommodation is going to be a very hard sell, and defeats the reason why migrants are coming in the first place.
So, money is more important than helping fellow humans who are in need and/or fleeing for their lives? I thought we're supposedly a "Christian country"?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So, money is more important than helping fellow humans who are in need and/or fleeing for their lives? I thought we're supposedly a "Christian country"?
It would be better if my fellow humans learn how to fight to bring themselves on top instead of running away from their problems.

I understand fear all too well and running away just dosent solve anything.

But that's just my opinion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You Christians aren't alone in this country. We've
a diverse population, & a secular Constitution.
Moreover the Tripoli Treaty specifically states
that we're not founded as a Christian country.
So criticism for being "unchristian" rings hollow.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Remember the North American Union and the Amero dollar?

Makes me wonder if that might have helped had it been ratified.
The former didn't include the Northern Triangle Countries, but any union that would involve Latin America might have helped. As far as the latter, I don't know enough about it to comment on it one way or the other.

What's your take as to why it may have helped?