• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

and if there's a god...

interminable

منتظر
I do not know the Quran.
I do not know Arabic.
I do not know the Islam religion.
I do not know the experience of the creator.

"Nothing is like god" I don't know what you mean by that.

On these notes, what you said is foreign.

When you pray to god, do you use pronouns?
If so, what is the reason for the pronouns if god is beyond gender?

If not, please say so bluntly while remembering:
Just because god is beyond gender doesn't mean we can't refer to him for preference (say in prayer). In the English Language, pronouns are necessary. I don't know about Arabic.

If pronouns aren't necessary, to me, it would sound like...

I believe in the Creator. The Creator helps me live. The Creator helps me understand life. The Creator, in the Quran, says we are the Creator's creation. The Creator talks through the prophets and tells us people what we need to do to follow the Creator.

Compared to English

I believe in the Creator. He helps me live. He helps me understand life. The Creator, in the Quran, says we are his creation. He talks through the prophets and tells us people what we need to do to follow the him.

Do you use he to refer to the Creator in Arabic?
If so, what is the purpose sense god is beyond gender?

If you do not, how do you use pronouns (or are their pronouns) in Arabic?

I read both your posts. They are foreign to me. We are from different parts of the globe on RF and not everyone knows what a creator or god is beyond concept.
I presented those explanations to say that God in Islam isn't matter and is unlimited
So everything that u imagine in your mind about God isn't god anymore simply because yours is limited and how can a limited thing reach an unlimited one????
This explanation is due to prove that God has no gender

Second point
In Arabic For non human things and something that has no gender like sun they sometimes use "He" and sometimes "she"

This use of pronouns depend on lots of language rules that most of them has no any reason

So I should say now that in Arabic language if they wanna refer to God they use He
And Quran itself has used He like English language

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I presented those explanations to say that God in Islam isn't matter and is unlimited
So everything that u imagine in your mind about God isn't god anymore simply because yours is limited and how can a limited thing reach an unlimited one????
This explanation is due to prove that God has no gender

Second point
In Arabic For non human things and something that has no gender like sun they sometimes use "He" and sometimes "she"

This use of pronouns depend on lots of language rules that most of them has no any reason

So I should say now that in Arabic language if they wanna refer to God they use He
And Quran itself has used He like English language

How do you worship something/one that you can't' imagine (hence know about)? What's the purpose of worship if god puts everyone else at a "limited knowledge" of who it is?

interminable

منتظر
How do you worship something/one that you can't' imagine (hence know about)? What's the purpose of worship if god puts everyone else at a "limited knowledge" of who it is?
Lady
According to infinite regress and causality we must end up with a cause that hasn't been created by anything else
So please consider the first cause as A

If A is limited so it must be something that has limited A
And this can't be because we consider A as a first cause

If something can limit the first cause in means the first cause A isn't the first anymore
That's why we say God created time and space and everything

In this case when noting can limit the first cause So he is unlimited intrinsically
And that's why we say God is invisible by these eyes because he isn't matter or substance to be seen

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Lady
According to infinite regress and causality we must end up with a cause that hasn't been created by anything else
So please consider the first cause as A

If A is limited so it must be something that has limited A
And this can't be because we consider A as a first cause

If something can limit the first cause in means the first cause A isn't the first anymore
That's why we say God created time and space and everything

In this case when noting can limit the first cause So he is unlimited intrinsically
And that's why we say God is invisible by these eyes because he isn't matter or substance to be seen

Sorry, you will have to rephrase the full with a analogy rather than "firsts cause." It's very hard to grasp.

Jedster

q
Yes I know, but when you say things like "These religions were obviously created by men," it implies an exception there are those religions that are not created by men. Just like "these cookies are stale" implies that other cookies are not stale. If one means to say that all the cookies are stale there's no reason to single out some of cookies as "these cookies." One would simply same "The cookies are stale."

I was simply answering her explicit question.
I just re-read the OP which says This is for Muslims, non-trinitarian Christians, and Jews.
I don't follow any of them and probably should not have answered.
I suggest you start another thread about other religions.

Jedster

Yes. I know.

Why? Would this change the nature of your answer? If not, I fail to see its purpose.

Because I see the 3 religions she mentions as particularly divisive (in their orthodoxy).
I have just seen too much pain between peoples of these communities as well as within their own communities.