• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And He Shall Be Called a Nazarene

John1.12

Free gift
m ;;
Hello Barry Johnson I hope all is well....
16¶All scripture is given by inspiration of God , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
I reply... Do you see the word PROFITABLE!? Profitable NOT ALONE!! There wasn't any inspired scriptures (New Testament) for 400 more years! YES...

Barry Johnson yes there were many letters kicking around claiming to be inspired but many hundreds were NOT; it was not until the Holy Catholic Church took the task upon herself to decide what was truly inspired scriptures and what was not!! Until she with the help of God the Holy Spirit decided the truly inspired from the non-inspired no one knew! She then took all the inspired words of God and put them into her book she named "The Bible"!

It was a MAN... Martin Luther 1600 years after Jesus that started the TRADITION of "Scriptures ALONE are all we need"!
It was a MAN ..Martin Luther 1600 years after Jesus that rejected the ONLY Church Jesus established 'The Holy Catholic Church' to start his own church; he had to REJECT the scriptures to reject the Catholic Church!
Scriptures.... 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Barry Johnson You are forced to reject the words of God to trust your salvation to the man made tradition of Scriptures ALONE!
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go.....Jesus gave the Authority of God to his Church!
make disciples of all nations, baptizing......... Disciples are made by Baptism!
in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,....... With the Authority of God.. "In his name"'- "representing God"- "Speaking for God"!
and teaching them........... The Authority of God extends to TEACHING all nations!
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age........ Jesus promised to never leave his Church... Satan did not take Jesus' body from Jesus! ... The Church does NOT need to be formed anew!
I have a verse that says all Scripture is given by inspiration of God . I have no reason to trust any other writings as given by inspiration. If its not from God in that way ,then its not authoritative. Again you believe more what the bible doesn't say .

John1.12

Free gift
The Greek word ρηθεν (lego), particularly as it's being used in the verse, doesn't necessarily mean "speak" or "spoken." It's like if I said that Nachmanides says such and such. I could only know he said such and such if I've read him or someone who's read him relayed it to me.

No one today has heard Nachmanides speak. Same with the prophets of old.

John
Yet we have ' spoken ' . It would be no trouble to have ' written ' . God could have made that happen.

John1.12

Free gift
Do you make any distinction between what was spoken and what was spoke and then recorded? I don't recall any of the prophets having their prophecy preceded by a "write" verb form. If there is no need to be referring to anything that was recorded, then there should never be any attempt to ground gospel statements in any Old Testament prophecies because the OT is only the spoken words that happen to have been recorded.
I'm just saying what that verse says .

John1.12

Free gift
Hello Barry Johnson I hope all is well....
16¶All scripture is given by inspiration of God , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
I reply... Do you see the word PROFITABLE!? Profitable NOT ALONE!! There wasn't any inspired scriptures (New Testament) for 400 more years! YES...

Barry Johnson yes there were many letters kicking around claiming to be inspired but many hundreds were NOT; it was not until the Holy Catholic Church took the task upon herself to decide what was truly inspired scriptures and what was not!! Until she with the help of God the Holy Spirit decided the truly inspired from the non-inspired no one knew! She then took all the inspired words of God and put them into her book she named "The Bible"!

It was a MAN... Martin Luther 1600 years after Jesus that started the TRADITION of "Scriptures ALONE are all we need"!
It was a MAN ..Martin Luther 1600 years after Jesus that rejected the ONLY Church Jesus established 'The Holy Catholic Church' to start his own church; he had to REJECT the scriptures to reject the Catholic Church!
Scriptures.... 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Barry Johnson You are forced to reject the words of God to trust your salvation to the man made tradition of Scriptures ALONE!
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go.....Jesus gave the Authority of God to his Church!
make disciples of all nations, baptizing......... Disciples are made by Baptism!
in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,....... With the Authority of God.. "In his name"'- "representing God"- "Speaking for God"!
and teaching them........... The Authority of God extends to TEACHING all nations!
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age........ Jesus promised to never leave his Church... Satan did not take Jesus' body from Jesus! ... The Church does NOT need to be formed anew!
You make a lot of claims . I see no evidence that Rome is the reason we have the bible. I believe God was responsible.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have a verse that says all Scripture is given by inspiration of God .
Except at the time that written there were no Christian scriptures. Even the Jewish canon had not been yet chosen, so the verse probably pertains to the Torah.

Dogknox20

m ;;

I have a verse that says all Scripture is given by inspiration of God . I have no reason to trust any other writings as given by inspiration. If its not from God in that way ,then its not authoritative. Again you believe more what the bible doesn't say .
Hello Barry Johnson once again... Yes and the verse that says "all Scripture is given by inspiration of God".... can only mean the Old Testament scriptures! When your verse was written there was NO New Testament scriptures!

The Holy Catholic Church decide the truly Inspired "New Testament" scriptures!
With the help of the Holy Spirit the Catholic Church weeded out all the phony New Testament scriptures masquerading as inspired words of God! The Bible was put together 400 years AFTER Jesus!
Toss your bible out of your stinking bathroom window if you reject the authority of the Holy Catholic Church.. HOW..

Barry Johnson
how can you accept your bible as inspired words of God if you reject the authority that made your bible? It would be hypocritical to accept the Bible but reject the AUTHORITY that made it!???

rosends

I'm just saying what that verse says .
And I'm just asking the logical extension -- any attempts to connect any gospel accounts with any prophecies is unnecessary because all one has to say is "it was spoken but not recorded."

So then why do people try at all?

John1.12

Free gift
And I'm just asking the logical extension -- any attempts to connect any gospel accounts with any prophecies is unnecessary because all one has to say is "it was spoken but not recorded."

Its this one verse were talking about ?

John1.12

Free gift
Hello Barry Johnson once again... Yes and the verse that says "all Scripture is given by inspiration of God".... can only mean the Old Testament scriptures! When your verse was written there was NO New Testament scriptures!

The Holy Catholic Church decide the truly Inspired "New Testament" scriptures!
With the help of the Holy Spirit the Catholic Church weeded out all the phony New Testament scriptures masquerading as inspired words of God! The Bible was put together 400 years AFTER Jesus!
Toss your bible out of your stinking bathroom window if you reject the authority of the Holy Catholic Church.. HOW..

Barry Johnson
how can you accept your bible as inspired words of God if you reject the authority that made your bible? It would be hypocritical to accept the Bible but reject the AUTHORITY that made it!???
It says ALL scripture. Matthew to Revelation is ' scripture ' . So its included in ' ALL SCRIPTURE '

John1.12

Free gift

If the bible says ' spoken ' I believe something was spoken . If it says something was written I believe it was written .

rosends

If the bible says ' spoken ' I believe something was spoken . If it says something was written I believe it was written .
but if you believe that it was spoken and it is never mentioned that it was written then there is no purpose to trying to find an antecedent since it wasn't written. So why do people try to do that with all sorts of gospel statements? Why not just accept that the claims that "it was spoken" are rootless in any discernable fashion?

John1.12

Free gift
Matthew - Revelation, as Scripture, did not yet exist, what's referred to by Scripture is only Hebrew and Greek Septuagint, which is what 'all Scripture' refers to.

Seriously? That would be Mt -Rev.
Which verse says " is only Hebrew and Greek Septuagint, which is what 'all Scripture' refers to" . I'm thinking its the ' words ' of God . I believe all ' scriptures ' includes the Nt in the same way as the old . ' Christian scriptures ' ? Again could you expound on what you mean ?