• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And God Said To Me, In A Little Quiet Voice

sooda

Veteran Member
The Rise and Fall of Adam and Eve: exploring the myth of the original sinners

Excerpts:

Why would a benign God deny any knowledge of good and evil to the creatures it had created and then, when they acquired such knowledge, condemn them to a life of misery? If this God was omniscient, it knew in advance that they would breach the prohibition. The first humans, on the other hand, were too innocent to understand the punishment that God threatened; they knew nothing of death or labour, by which they would be cursed when they were expelled from the garden. A God that devised and enacted such a cruel drama would be a capricious tyrant, wreaking senseless suffering on the world it had created.

In 1655, La Peyrère published Prae-Adamitae, translated into English as Men
Before Adam
, in which he argued that when God created Adam and Eve, the world was already full of human beings. Adam was not the father of all humankind but only of the Jewish people, who had been chosen by God to receive the divine law and, through Jesus, to bring all humankind redemption. As an interpretation of Genesis, this could hardly have been more provocative; the book was burned and its author arrested for heresy. After a long interrogation and an interview with the pope, La Peyrère recanted, converted to Catholicism and passed the rest of his life in retirement.

A God that devised and enacted such a cruel drama would be a capricious tyrant, wreaking senseless suffering on the world it had created.

But remember that God already knew that they would value knowledge of good and evil, even on pain of death. To refuse them this, would-be more cruel...an eternity of wanting and curiosity.
If God had not mentioned the tree, they would have eaten from it and become like God

ecco

Veteran Member
"I only wished you to be fruitful and multiply. I blessed you so. But now my Blessing cannot be heard. You have your idols, your Moses, your Jesus, your Mohammed. I have given you freewill and so I will not involve myself in your world, but I cry every time I see murder and hatred in My name.

Did you write this or are you quoting someone else's writing? If quoting, I didn't see a link to the source.

I wrote it

I asked because the comment begins with a quote mark. I was further confused when you wrote "I only..." and "I blessed", etc. So the "I" is referring to you?

ecco

Veteran Member
No . It is what I believe to be the voice of God speaking thro my heart
OK. So the quote marks were there to show you were quoting God. I guess if you had attributed the quote to God to begin with it would have been much clearer.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Is there a 'true' manifestation of any god?
I believe I am.

Which of these definitions of manifestation are you utilizing? This one?
a symptom or sign of an ailment.​

man·i·fes·ta·tion
/ˌmanəfəˈstāSH(ə)n,ˌmanəˌfesˈtāSH(ə)n/

noun
  1. an event, action, or object that clearly shows or embodies something, especially a theory or an abstract idea.
    "the first obvious manifestations of global warming"
    • the action or fact of showing an abstract idea.
      "the manifestation of anxiety over the upcoming exams"
      synonyms: display, demonstration, showing, show, exhibition, presentation, indication, illustration, exemplification, exposition, disclosure, declaration, expression, profession
      "the manifestation of anxiety"
    • a symptom or sign of an ailment.
      "a characteristic manifestation of Lyme disease"
      synonyms: sign, indication, evidence, proof, token, symptom, testimony, substantiation, mark, symbol, reflection, example, instance
      "manifestations of global warming"

Bird123

"I only wished you to be fruitful and multiply. I blessed you so. But now my Blessing cannot be heard. You have your idols, your Moses, your Jesus, your Mohammed. I have given you freewill and so I will not involve myself in your world, but I cry every time I see murder and hatred in My name. I am not here to punish you I told you i Gen 9:6 that even the murderer amongst you must be punished by human hands.I showed you what mercy is when I spared Cain and yet you kill and destroy each other, persecute the stranger amongst you and My tears flow.
You invent religions that take you further away from what I wished for you when I blessed you through the Sons of Noah and now I cannot be heard. I gave you no religious instruction. I did not ask you to worship me or bow down, it is those false Gods that do that. I never gave you instruction of what you should not do, except do not eat of the blood of live animals for your health's sake

You have chosen the way you live. Your leaders over the millennia have led you by the nose to bend to their thirst for power, fame and their desires to leave a legacy. Some of you say that the religion you follow does much good, but so much more harm is caused. The follower of Moses, because he follows that man, is hated by the follower of Muhammed, for no other reason than he follows the Hebrew leader. Religion breeds hatred, violence, contempt, feelings of superiority, feelings of inferiority, fear, guilt and yet I am here for any person to come to me direct. Is it not time to tear down all your temples and return to that which i wished for you. be fruitful to self, be fruitful to others and multiply.nothing more.

.and by the way, when I spoke to the whole world for the first and only time (because I am God, I do not need to correct myself or alter my words or pick a tribe who will wave my flag, because I know all things and saw all your futures when I gave My Blessings) I did not say that anything you might do would be treated as a sin nor blasphemy....because you have freewill to do as you wish on your world. I will of course discuss your behaviour when you come to join me when you leave your world.in terms of being fruitful or not

May I suggest that you tear up your holy books after Genesis 919, because the rest of that guff is not to be trusted. Do you really think Noah's curse of Canaan, trumped my blessing.what nonsense. The author of that little story, right after my Blessing was only paving the way for the tribe of Moses..."
PS I never destroyed you by Flood I destroyed the Nephilim and the Nephilim corrupted. I created the Nephilim to show you that to me you are above all things

That is what God says to me, always

What does your God say to you? In your heart not in your books
And if you do not believe in God what does your non-God say to you?

I do not believe your voice comes from God. Why? God would never speak like that. Further, God does not tell. God allows each to Discover for themselves.

What you write comes from you. It comes from your heart. It is what you Believe is happening.

In reality, this world does accomplish just what God created it for. It might not seem that way to you but the kiddies are moving forward. One can get there even taking baby steps.

If God really told you all this, why did God leave out the Good things happening? Don't you see? What you say proves that it doesn't come from God.

I do not believe your voice comes from God. Why? God would never speak like that. Further, God does not tell. God allows each to Discover for themselves.

What you write comes from you. It comes from your heart. It is what you Believe is happening.

In reality, this world does accomplish just what God created it for. It might not seem that way to you but the kiddies are moving forward. One can get there even taking baby steps.

If God really told you all this, why did God leave out the Good things happening? Don't you see? What you say proves that it doesn't come from God.

I am aware that we live in an ever improving society, though progress is not always linear. and i believe what I believe....There is no proof one way or the other