• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And fish recipes too!

Booko

Deviled Hen
And also, I need to be eating more fish, but beyond the obvious sauteing or broiling, I'm a good Midwesterner and havn't a clue.

What are some of your favorite fish recipes?

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Okay, Booko. You've asked the right woman right now. ;)

Let me tell you my favorite fish recipe, and it's one I know you can do in America because I discovered it in Canada, not Bosnia.

You buy: salmon filet (no bones), maple syrup or brown sugar, lemon, spices, and a cedar plank.

You buy at your food store a plank of cedar wood and soak it salted water overnight. Then you marinate the salmon in lemon juice and white wine for about 4 hours.

Then you start your BBQ, and put on the plank. Have a spraybottle of water nearby to put out any flames that might catch, but this is very rare. Wait until you hear the plank start to crack. It's loud and noticable, like a fire in your camp. Then you put th salmon on the plank, in the BBQ, and cover it with a thick layer of the brown sugar or maple syrup. I mean thick, about an inch by US measure.

THen you let it BBQ 30-40 minutes, until its done. The syrup/sugar crystalizes on the fish and keeps in ALL the flavor and moisture, as well as the unique taste caused by the plank, all without making it taste sweet or sugary.

Then you just serve it, its delicious!