• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And another.....Texas anti-mask movement leader dies of COVID-19

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Despite your usual "I don't know" flippancy, that is somewhat functionally accurate. The same mechanisms we used to combat covid resulted in a reduction in the incidence of other viral infections.
No, we still had colds...I did anyway. But when they needed medical attention they were assumed to be covid.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm with you. I don't know what happened to the Republican party of my youth. Barry Goldwater is spinning in his grave. The party has lost the plot and become radicalized with fundamentalist religious zealotry. The coup attempt in January is a prime example of how they want to achieve power and what they think of the Constitution.

You obviously don't know the meaning of pushback I see.

When you have a country that used to be at the top of the freedom index that has now plummeted to 17th place, there tends to be some friction over the primary aggressor whos responsible with numerous violations of people's personal and economic freedom, and that lies squarely on the modern Democrat party as being the biggest threat to the point that a number of people feel compelled and drivin enough to take back the government by force.

I don't condone the actions such as the Capitol invasion, bit I do understand why people did it for which I guarantee if the situation dosent improve anytime soon, there is a real risk of civil war at some future point.

Twilight Hue

Oh, there's an overreaction alright.
On the part of the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers and their hate-filled protests and attacks against people who care about public safety:

Genesee County officials receive death threat after mask mandate
Attacks on Public Health Officials During COVID-19
WV Gov. Justice decries death threats against health department officials over masks in schools | WBOY.com
If it's getting that bad , then I'd recommend it's time to back off and take the jack boots off people's necks.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Evidence?

It's common sense. Unless you have a medical mask designed filter air, it's pretty much catch sprays from sneezes but unless you're close, none more than that.

COVID-19 and Your Health

Here's some info about appropriate masks and their pros and cons in effectiveness.

The fact is the same regardless who says it. Hence why vaccines are the number one pushed prevention method.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
No, we still had colds...I did anyway. But when they needed medical attention they were assumed to be covid.
Despite your "expert" opinion, the evidence shows that we did not have the same incidence of colds and flu that would normally be expected.

But whatever you want to believe is reality will always prevail with some types of people.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
It's common sense. Unless you have a medical mask designed filter air, it's pretty much catch sprays from sneezes but unless you're close, none more than that.

COVID-19 and Your Health

Here's some info about appropriate masks and their pros and cons in effectiveness.

The fact is the same regardless who says it. Hence why vaccines are the number one pushed prevention method.

I didn't see your assertion in your provided link, but it did have a link to this: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

"Cloth masks not only effectively block most large droplets (i.e., 20-30 microns and larger) but they can also block the exhalation of fine droplets and particles (also often referred to as aerosols) smaller than 10 microns which increase in number with the volume of speech and specific types of phonation. Multi-layer cloth masks can both block up to 50-70% of these fine droplets and particles and limit the forward spread of those that are not captured. Upwards of 80% blockage has been achieved in human experiments that have measured blocking of all respiratory droplets, with cloth masks in some studies performing on par with surgical masks as barriers for source control."

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You obviously don't know the meaning of pushback I see.

When you have a country that used to be at the top of the freedom index that has now plummeted to 17th place, there tends to be some friction over the primary aggressor whos responsible with numerous violations of people's personal and economic freedom, and that lies squarely on the modern Democrat party as being the biggest threat to the point that a number of people feel compelled and drivin enough to take back the government by force.

I don't condone the actions such as the Capitol invasion, bit I do understand why people did it for which I guarantee if the situation dosent improve anytime soon, there is a real risk of civil war at some future point.
Nah. People felt compelled to "take back the government by force" because they were fed lies for months on end about how the election was stolen when it wasn't.
These lies continue to be perpetuated to this very day.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well then it stands to reason for people to stop overreacting and screaming its the bloody apocalypse out there.

Otherwise live in a bubble if one desires. Not everyone however, is going to be on board with an insular overprotective culture. That's just the reality and it's not changing no matter what.
Did you see the post above that one?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If it's getting that bad , then I'd recommend it's time to back off and take the jack boots off people's necks.
Ah, I see.

So you don't think these people who are threatening the lives of government officials for putting safety procedures in place during a global pandemic that has killed 4.6 million people, are overreacting? Like, it's a perfectly normal reaction? I'd say these people are giant babies having a giant temper tantrum.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There is no overreacting. It's straightforward pushback to a hypocritical party that is now completely hellbent on control and power over others to a point now where it's actually crossing lines in terms of individual freedom and choice.
You don't to be free to needlessly and recklessly endanger others. This entire pandemic you've been given examples were "individual freedom and choice" and restricted due to the risks posed to other people. Like no smoking in public buildings, no drunk driving, and no meth lab in your home.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Despite your usual "I don't know" flippancy, that is somewhat functionally accurate. The same mechanisms we used to combat covid resulted in a reduction in the incidence of other viral infections.
I'm pretty sure it's being implied that all deaths over the past year have been counted as covid, even if the deceased doesn't have covid.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

According to the Cato Institute, founded by Charles Koch (among others).

Twilight Hue

According to the Cato Institute, founded by Charles Koch (among others).
It's a common theme.

You don't expect any leftists owning up to that.

Aside from that I'm actually curious.

Why do you think the US has plummeted so badly on the freedom index?

...what does anyone have to gain from killing this man? Why would doctors want to kill him? And why do you actually think he was murdered?

Because what he says is not good for the business of leaders. It was against them getting more power and money.

One can breathe freely with a mask on. They do not affect oxygen levels. Foolish people that do not know how to use CO2 detectors only demonstrate their ignorance with their tests. A fair test uses an oximeter. Those show no drop in O2 levels when wearing masks.

Interesting claim. I have used a mask and I couldn't breathe as well as without it.