• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancient Reality

cladking

The pyramid text is a silly book of rituals? I thought you said it was a treatise of advanced science.
Please start making sense.

It's going to take me a while to catch up to this thread.

It's a silly little book of the rituals read at the kings' ascension ceremonies and those people would have been embarrassed if they knew it was the only ancient writing we have.

However, this silly little book of rituals was written in Ancient Language which was an elaboration on the language proto-humans spoke 40,000 years ago when a mutation gave rise to complex language which gave rise to humans. This language we inherited was an animal language that rhymed with nature and the logic of mathematics. But the mutation now allowed a far greater complexity of communication so that knowledge could be passed down. No longer did each scientist, each individual, have to start at the beginning but he could now stand on the shoulders of each of his ancestors. Human progress began.

After I solved the PT by asking what each word must mean to makes sense I then asked what each utterance implied about the way the people thought. Simply stated ancient people didn't think like we do. They didn't think like Egyptologists.

I have taken the way they thought and extrapolated from it the nature of their science. They spoke in theory. Everything they said was literally true and correct or it couldn't be understood by others. They called it literally "speaking the words of nature" which, of course, is mistranslated as "speaking the words of the gods". Language made them powerful and wise. Just as our technology might be thought of as "magic" to primitive people, their language is thought of as 'magic" to us. At least it would be like "magic" excepty egyptologists believe it is "incantation".

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's going to take me a while to catch up to this thread.

It's a silly little book of the rituals read at the kings' ascension ceremonies and those people would have been embarrassed if they knew it was the only ancient writing we have.

However, this silly little book of rituals was written in Ancient Language which was an elaboration on the language proto-humans spoke 40,000 years ago when a mutation gave rise to complex language which gave rise to humans. This language we inherited was an animal language that rhymed with nature and the logic of mathematics. But the mutation now allowed a far greater complexity of communication so that knowledge could be passed down. No longer did each scientist, each individual, have to start at the beginning but he could now stand on the shoulders of each of his ancestors. Human progress began.

After I solved the PT by asking what each word must mean to makes sense I then asked what each utterance implied about the way the people thought. Simply stated ancient people didn't think like we do. They didn't think like Egyptologists.

I have taken the way they thought and extrapolated from it the nature of their science. They spoke in theory. Everything they said was literally true and correct or it couldn't be understood by others. They called it literally "speaking the words of nature" which, of course, is mistranslated as "speaking the words of the gods". Language made them powerful and wise. Just as our technology might be thought of as "magic" to primitive people, their language is thought of as 'magic" to us. At least it would be like "magic" excepty egyptologists believe it is "incantation".
So... you don't have any actual example of any of their great wisdom and science, neither in actuality or in text. Meanwhile the example of their elaborate funerary rites and rituals continue to grow...

cladking

Now, is the point that you feel these "ancients" literally didn't have beliefs, and only concerned themselves with things that were "true"?

Or is it that they HAD beliefs, but did not view them as such, and instead regarded them as the truth, even in cases where they were completely wrong?

There's an ocean of difference between those - and I think that difference is what you are trying to explain away as "semantics" - but it is just not that simple.

One may not have a word for "belief", merely think they are 100% correct about everything and hence have no use for the word. But that doesn't, at all, mean they are 100% correct in an objective sense. It does, however, mean that they are falsely confident, lacking in humility, and extremely likely to miss out on or dismiss many pieces of actual/actionable knowledge. Please tell me this is not something you wish to strive for, personally...

No, they simply didn't have beliefs.

I'm sure if you asked one of them if his mother in law was coming the next day he wouldn't say 'probably", "I believe so" or "It will be my doom". He would say (in AL) that she was scheduled to come. They simply wouldn't even understand the concept of "belief" and this is why the word and all words like it simply don't exist at all in the PT. They spoke in human knowledge and in tautologies as they understood nature. This doesn't mean that they saw nature in terms of black and white or yes and no but they saw only the parts of nature they could understand. We can only see what we believe and expect and they didn't even have the word "believe".

There was no religion and no magic. All of the words we think were religious words were actually scientific words and all of the words we think are about magic were really metaphysics.

Don't forget though this changed gradually over many centuries and writing was invented primarily to record modern language to stop meaning drift. Most of the writing you'll see was from after 2000 BC at which time all writing was modern language.

cladking

Who said Egyptology has to be changeless?
Egyptology isn't changeless. Egyptology says the Egyptians were changeless. They say it outright, "the Egyptian culture lasted 3000 years", and they say it through implication by translating the Pyramid Texts in terms of the book of the dead. They see what they believe instead of what exists.
To say, Egyptian archaeology being changeless, is perhaps the most ignorant thing you can say about yourself.
They said pyramids were not tombs and they said the pyramid was the dead king.

Not tombs. Tombs is what Egyptologists believe even though there is no direct evidence of any sort any great pyramid was a tomb. It's all nonsense. They made it up to explain what they couldn't understand.

Even Herodotus said the pyramid was not a tomb. Ramps and tombs, and bumpkins, and nothing changing are all modern ideas. They were invented in the 19th century ands an entire "science" built on them.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Egyptology isn't changeless. Egyptology says the Egyptians were changeless. They say it outright, "the Egyptian culture lasted 3000 years", and they say it through implication by translating the Pyramid Texts in terms of the book of the dead. They see what they believe instead of what exists.
Egyptian culture DID last 3000 years. That doesn't preclude it from changing in that time. Cultures are dynamic, and this is a well accepted sociological principal.

Kangaroo Feathers

They said pyramids were not tombs and they said the pyramid was the dead king.

Not tombs. Tombs is what Egyptologists believe even though there is no direct evidence of any sort any great pyramid was a tomb. It's all nonsense. They made it up to explain what they couldn't understand.

Even Herodotus said the pyramid was not a tomb. Ramps and tombs, and bumpkins, and nothing changing are all modern ideas. They were invented in the 19th century ands an entire "science" built on them.
So please, tell us what the Pyramids were REALLY for?

cladking

Yep, they just built the Pyramids for S&Gs. They didn't believe anything about them.

There were great reasons to build the great pyramids.

Most of all they were very easy to build because the gods did most of the work.

In addition to many practical reasons to build them G1 is a time capsule. Right beyond the thermal anomaly awaits their version of the "Handbook of Chemistry and Physics" and a treasure trove of scientific specimens and samples. Some of these will shed a lot of light on what really causes change in species, for instance.

cladking

Egyptian culture DID last 3000 years. That doesn't preclude it from changing in that time. Cultures are dynamic, and this is a well accepted sociological principal.

I don't have a problem with these words if you don't have a problem with the Egyptians having undergone a change in species during this time from homo sapiens to homo omnisciencis.

I would think of this as a change in culture but this is mere semantics.

Kangaroo Feathers

There were great reasons to build the great pyramids.

Most of all they were very easy to build because the gods did most of the work.

In addition to many practical reasons to build them G1 is a time capsule. Right beyond the thermal anomaly awaits their version of the "Handbook of Chemistry and Physics" and a treasure trove of scientific specimens and samples. Some of these will shed a lot of light on what really causes change in species, for instance.
The gods did most of the work? Gods that they didn't believe in, right?

Kangaroo Feathers

I don't have a problem with these words if you don't have a problem with the Egyptians having undergone a change in species during this time from homo sapiens to homo omnisciencis.

I would think of this as a change in culture but this is mere semantics.
A change in species, huh? OK, sure, why not? Any chance of a specimen, then? If only the Egyptians had preserved members of their elite in some way we could reliably study their remains today, huh?

cladking

So please, tell us what the Pyramids were REALLY for?

We would think of them principally as a mnemonic to rememnber the dead king during the day and the star to which he ascended as a mnemonic to remember him (and his place in history) at night.

But they were far more and it was the "practical" reasons that caused them to become a pyramid building society.

They were mostly infrastructure and used for food processing and canning. They also had industrial purposes.
The Great Pyramid itself is a time capsule.

Kangaroo Feathers

We would think of them principally as a mnemonic to rememnber the dead king during the day and the star to which he ascended as a mnemonic to remember him (and his place in history) at night.

But they were far more and it was the "practical" reasons that caused them to become a pyramid building society.

They were mostly infrastructure and used for food processing and canning. They also had industrial purposes.
Food processing and canning? Cool, Okay. I guess all the ancient Egyptian cans are a bit of a give away. Hey, your name isn't Gene Ray, by any chance?

cladking

The gods did most of the work? Gods that they didn't believe in, right?

Yes! Right!

Their gods were powerful and it was by understanding their gods that they were powerful.

Their gods were scientific theory like momentum and the normal force. They used these theories to live their lives and to build pyramids.

They were nothing like us and didn't think like Egyptologists.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yes! Right!

Their gods were powerful and it was by understanding their gods that they were powerful.

Their gods were scientific theory like momentum and the normal force. They used these theories to live their lives and to build pyramids.

They were nothing like us and didn't think like Egyptologists.
Mmmmhmmm. So these absolutely literal and real gods, that no one believed in, went where, exactly?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

So they believed that their dead kings ascended to the stars?

cladking

So... you don't have any actual example of any of their great wisdom and science, neither in actuality or in text. Meanwhile the example of their elaborate funerary rites and rituals continue to grow...

Are you aware that the Great Pyramid also functioned as a clock and a calendar?

ikonos.gif

All we see today are the ruins.

cladking

Mmmmhmmm. So these absolutely literal and real gods, that no one believed in, went where, exactly?

The gods were everywhere and affected all things at all times. They were real. They were not gods. This is a bad translation.